doodlebug

happy hump day

66 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

8 pounds or so is a dress size change for me but then I"m 5'3".

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
jenn i think its cuz you're so tall (like me). my dress size didn't change until i was about 15lbs heavier than i should be. :crying:

Yeah that makes sense. I guess it's a blessing - no need to shop for new clothes ever! :dance:

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
oh it gets worse, here's the bulk of the conversation:

me: "mom, I wasn't gonna tell you but i'm going on a vacation for a week"

mom: "where?"

me: "well..."

mom: "cairo???"

me: "alexandria"

mom: "oh god. *sigh* why don't you go somewhere else? there's a whole world out there, why are you going there??"

me: "because my husband lives there"

mom: "good lord you're still into that guy??? he really has you over a barrel doesn't he?"

me: silence

mom: "well it's your life, etc................i hope you will be ok but i don't think you will"

me: "well i don't know why i wouldn't, people come and go there everyday"

mom: "that's what i mean, you're totally clueless that you're placing yourself in danger but that is what you get for being on those panic drugs"

me: "ok gotta go"

click

I know these remarks really hurt -- you want support from your family, not for them to constantly tear you down. But just keep on keepin' your sense of humor, Doodle ! Sure she's been brainwashed by the teevee, and she's making insulting comments that are just based on a bunch of racist stereotypes.... but that doesn't make her any less worried about you or love you any less. Let it roll off.

Oh and don't be surprised when your husband gets here and she gets to finally meet him -- she'll probably do a total 180 turn and become his biggest fan :yes: (Seen it happen ;) )

Just be happy and enjoy your trip !

(F)

-MK

Edited by wife_of_mahmoud

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline
oh it gets worse, here's the bulk of the conversation:

me: "mom, I wasn't gonna tell you but i'm going on a vacation for a week"

mom: "where?"

me: "well..."

mom: "cairo???"

me: "alexandria"

mom: "oh god. *sigh* why don't you go somewhere else? there's a whole world out there, why are you going there??"

me: "because my husband lives there"

mom: "good lord you're still into that guy??? he really has you over a barrel doesn't he?"

me: silence

mom: "well it's your life, etc................i hope you will be ok but i don't think you will"

me: "well i don't know why i wouldn't, people come and go there everyday"

mom: "that's what i mean, you're totally clueless that you're placing yourself in danger but that is what you get for being on those panic drugs"

me: "ok gotta go"

click

I know these remarks really hurt -- you want support from your family, not for them to constantly tear you down. But just keep on keepin' your sense of humor, Doodle ! Sure she's been brainwashed by the teevee, and she's making insulting comments that are just based on a bunch of racist stereotypes.... but that doesn't make her any less worried about you or love you any less. Let it roll off.

Oh and don't be surprised when your husband gets here and she gets to finally meet him -- she'll probably do a total 180 turn and become his biggest fan :yes: (Seen it happen ;) )

Just be happy and enjoy your trip !

(F)

-MK

omg a friend of mine just sent me this in an email. I can't stop laughin' lol

"I can see it now.. Fast forward months, Usama arrives in US. You are at Mom & Dad's door: (ding dong. You ring the bell) THUD. (Mom passes out). You and Usama step over Mom while you move towards the living room. Dad picks up Mom and splashes a little cool water on her face to bring her to consciousness. Brain swelling causes Mom to have delusions, she knows his name is Usama and mistakes him for the terrorist.. She screams in panic and runs out of room.

SMACK.. Mom hits wall because she was staring at Usama while running out of the room. Dad says "Welcome to America, son". The End."

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Timeline

MK is right, Doodle. As you know my mother (and father) were not big fans of me marrying Moh. Today she calls to see if Moh and I would come house sit for the weekend. She hugs and kisses him every time she sees him. A year and a half ago I couldn't imagine this happening. My mother is proof that even the most closed minded (and sometimes down right evil) ppl can have a change of heart. Plus, Egyptian men are charmers. Don't be surprised if she changes her tune.

No offense, doodle, but your mom sounds like a tool.

:yes::yes::yes:

and y'all wonder why i'm whacked!!! :energetic:

Take a deep breath and let it go doodle. Your mom is responsible for what comes out of her mouth , not you. What comes out of her mouth is not about you, its about her, her own thoughts, her own fears, her own prejudices. I know its not easy, but let it roll of your back. Try to think how sad her life must be to live.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Timeline
MK is right, Doodle. As you know my mother (and father) were not big fans of me marrying Moh. Today she calls to see if Moh and I would come house sit for the weekend. She hugs and kisses him every time she sees him. A year and a half ago I couldn't imagine this happening. My mother is proof that even the most closed minded (and sometimes down right evil) ppl can have a change of heart. Plus, Egyptian men are charmers. Don't be surprised if she changes her tune.

Yup.. I'm with this one :thumbs:

So far my mom has used towel head, terrorist, one of them, that man, you little friend and etc... I will be abducted.. I will be beaten.. I am being used for a Visa and of course i have gotten the.. how can you do this to your kids... blablablabla

Inshallah it will all pass... And things will be alot different once he is here!

06.14.2006 - Got Married in Alexandria, Egypt :) :) :)

05.23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!! inshallah.......

*** Interview is a SUCCESS !!!! *** now for a speedy AP!! inshallah...

06.18.2007 - Starting to Freak Out over this AP #######

06.27.2007 - Visa In Hand.. Alhamdulillah!

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

07.24.2007 - Mailed in AOS & EAD together to Chicago

It doesn't matter what you say

I just can't stay here every yesterday

Like keep on acting out the same

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

And make-believe we never needed

Any more than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Great avatar Jen!

:lol:

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

How do you all deal with that shift in attitude from a parent? I'm glad I haven't experienced this, because I think that I would have a very hard time "accepting" a parent again, even if they had done a 180 like that.

Great avatar Jen!

:lol:

Mine? Gotta love Rerun. :)

Filed: Timeline

It's not easy to deal with and honestly I don't trust her 100%. We certainly don't have the closest mother daughter relationship after everything that has been said and done (at least I'm not totally feeling it, dunno about her). It just makes things easier when it comes to holidays and family functions. I started talking to my parents again after much encouragement from Moh. Family is important to him.

How do you all deal with that shift in attitude from a parent? I'm glad I haven't experienced this, because I think that I would have a very hard time "accepting" a parent again, even if they had done a 180 like that.

Timeline

http://www.flightline.co.uk/travelnews/str...nesday-18-july/

:wacko::wacko:

I only deal with my parents because of my kids. The only reason that I called to tell them is that a year ago I called in sick and was sleeping at like 10am when I heard a knock on the door. I ignored it thinking it was UPS or something and figured they'd go away. Well they kept knocking and I finally got up out of bed and it was my mom. She was about to dial 9-1-1 (not kidding she had the phone in her hand) 'cause she thought I was dead. :wacko: I just didn't want the police to break my door down if she found me not in the house with the car in the driveway next week. lol

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline
It's not easy to deal with and honestly I don't trust her 100%. We certainly don't have the closest mother daughter relationship after everything that has been said and done (at least I'm not totally feeling it, dunno about her). It just makes things easier when it comes to holidays and family functions. I started talking to my parents again after much encouragement from Moh. Family is important to him.

haha.. you sound like me :P

what perfect timing :rolleyes:

06.14.2006 - Got Married in Alexandria, Egypt :) :) :)

05.23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!! inshallah.......

*** Interview is a SUCCESS !!!! *** now for a speedy AP!! inshallah...

06.18.2007 - Starting to Freak Out over this AP #######

06.27.2007 - Visa In Hand.. Alhamdulillah!

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

07.24.2007 - Mailed in AOS & EAD together to Chicago

It doesn't matter what you say

I just can't stay here every yesterday

Like keep on acting out the same

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

And make-believe we never needed

Any more than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w

I loves me a good Italian strike. :lol: Sorry about the timing doodle! :blush:

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Timeline

I loves me a good Italian strike. :lol: Sorry about the timing doodle! :blush:

At least it will be over by the time my flight happens inchalla.

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.