ZRomper

Can I file an N-600K for my daughter if I-130 is already processing?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Hello,

I'm completely at a loss. My adopted daughter's I-130 has been stuck at the National Benefits Center for 14.5 months now. My wife already got an approval for her i130 at Potomac.

Currently I cannot get any information about NBC processing timeline because they don't post it for NBC and I'm not in the US, so USCIS won't open an advanced inquiry if I have a foreign zip code. My only option is to send them a message through the inbox system to which they haven't responded.

I have found that I was able to file an N-600K application for my daughter. She meets all the criteria. The only problem is I would have to get her a B2 visa for her interview in the US, but I'm ready to do this if I need to.

Can I file an N-600K if her I130 is processing at NBC?

Note to mods: Please please don't merge this thread to my wife's case, it has nothing to do with the question I asked there! Thank you.

I see no advantage to filing N-600 K , since processing time varies between 1 yr to 2 years and you would start from zero… 

You can have both I-130:/ N-600K , pending but not worth gambling that one chance at N-600 filing for your daughter ( after she gets in as LPR) 

Getting the I-130 case unstuck and up to speed for joint interview with your wife is your best strategy….

Not sure what you have done to re-establish domicile ( if you are living  outside US) , but a a current US address and copy of DMV DL would get you immediate help from the Congressman in that District.

So maybe make a quick trip to the US and get set up

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Edited by Family

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Family said:

I see no advantage to filing N-600 K , since processing time varies between 1 yr to 2 years and you would start from zero… 

You can have both I-130:/ N-600K , pending but not worth gambling that one chance at N-600 filing for your daughter ( after she gets in as LPR) 

Getting the I-130 case unstuck and up to speed for joint interview with your wife is your best strategy….

Not sure what you have done to re-establish domicile ( if you are living  outside US) , but a a current US address and copy of DMV DL would get you immediate help from the Congressman in that District.

So maybe make a quick trip to the US and get set up

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Thank you for the info. You're correct about the N-600K processing time, for Philadelphia, PA office it's at 12.5 months right now.

My domicile is established since I have my sister's address as my address on my current bank account statement in the US. Also both of my children attend an accredited Florida-based US online private school. Also I have paid taxes to the state on Pennsylvania.

I don't have a DMV DL, because it expired and I would have to travel to the US and pass the computer test to get it back, this is not a problem in itself, but I don't think is strictly necessary.

My other domicile proof is as I mentioned a bank account with a sizeable amount in it and a job in the US with the salary going to this account, as well as a credit card and a good credit history.

I believe I can still contact the Congressman in this case, I don't suppose a DL is a requirement here.

It's just frustrating not knowing anything about he case and not being able to contact the NBC.

Edited by ZRomper

Congressman’s Office requires a DL to prove you are their constituent. Try having sister be the one asking for help on their own Authorization Form ( she lists you as authorized to talk to them ) but you need to sign the other authorization required for USCIS. 
You can Google the office and also get on phone with them. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Family said:

an Google the office and also get on phone with th

1 minute ago, Family said:

Also use your US zip code in communication w NBC ( it IS YOUR PERMANENT address as opposed to the temporary overseas)

Unfortunately I can't use my US zip code as on my i130 I listed my overseas address as my physical and mailing addresses. :(

Set up an online USCIS account, if you have not already. Change your ( petitioner)  mailing address to US  . Don’t worry about paper notices going there , cause u will be able to also see them online, get notifications and or sister can email you copies of anything received ( no original notices are ever required anyway)

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Family said:

Set up an online USCIS account, if you have not already. Change your ( petitioner)  mailing address to US  . Don’t worry about paper notices going there , cause u will be able to also see them online, get notifications and or sister can email you copies of anything received ( no original notices are ever required anyway)

God knows I've tried this multiple times, it won't let me do it. It says I can't change the address during the adjudication process and everything's greyed out, here's what I mean:
image.thumb.png.a7798681f041fb355e8c51e9e346ebae.png

image.thumb.png.a200d12a5c8f20c8235458932617cc51.png

That must be an online glitch since IN REALITY, you can. 😂 People do move…am not guessing here. Next step is to write a Request for  Change to Petitioner Mailing Address case #xxx. From abc To xyz, along w copy of I-130 receipt notice. You can email letter to sister and she sends it from US or mail it directly from where u are. 

If you have patience, call USCIS as well…but it can be done .Send it Potomac and address on notice itself ( if different)

Edited by Family

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Family said:

That must be an online glitch since IN REALITY, you can. 😂 People do move…am not guessing here. Next step is to write a Request for  Change to Petitioner Mailing Address case #xxx. From abc To xyz, along w copy of I-130 receipt notice. You can email letter to sister and she sends it from US or mail it directly from where u are. 

If you have patience, call USCIS as well…but it can be done .Send it Potomac and address on notice itself ( if different)

Well actually I think it would have to be sent to NBC, since Potomac is done with us.

What confuses me is that large yellow warning that it cannot be changed during the adjudication process....

But I will certainly try, they also said I have to file AR-11 to do this, is this what you mean?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Family said:

Forgive typo, yes NBC . Again, you are not restricted to mailing address change , AT ANY TIME, it’s a glitch…and a bad one at that. 

AR-11 is not for USC , just aliens, so write short letter

Got it. Thank you! Will mail them a letter. 

Um. Normally a child is eligible for either n600 or i130, but not both. Either they qualify to be a citizen, or they need to be sponsored.

N600K requires that the child regularly lives abroad. I130 requires you to show intent to re-establish domicile in the US (and that the child will obviously be moving there). Both can’t be true simultaneously. You could argue that they might be true sequentially, but you are talking about having simultaneous applications for both in the system.
Bottom line is do you intend to move back to the US, or not?

Timeline
13 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Um. Normally a child is eligible for either n600 or i130, but not both. Either they qualify to be a citizen, or they need to be sponsored.

N600K requires that the child regularly lives abroad. I130 requires you to show intent to re-establish domicile in the US (and that the child will obviously be moving there). Both can’t be true simultaneously. You could argue that they might be true sequentially, but you are talking about having simultaneous applications for both in the system.
Bottom line is do you intend to move back to the US, or not?

Hi Susie,

Well the child is adopted, so even with her I130, she doesn't have to be sponsored, only my wife. She qualifies for I864W form as she becomes a US citizen upon entry to the US, she doesn't get a green card.

I do intend to move back to the US certainly and would have done so a long time ago if I didn't have to be separated from my family.

The child lives abroad as well as myself at the moment, so that would qualify her for N600K, but I don't want to start the process since like @Family mentioned, it's a long process.

At the same time, I don't see anywhere that it's forbidden to file these two at the same time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.