JojoandTomas

AUGUST 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

278 posts in this topic

Timeline
1 minute ago, nicholaschong_9@h said:

California embassy? I'm United States citizen applying for my another half at Taiwan.

I got the approval notice on 5/18/2022.

am sorry to hear what they are putting you through.. honestly it’s sad.  our case was approved on 15th aug and we haven’t heard anything from nvc yet.. am praying you get positive response soon.. cause it seems your petition is already expired. and have read on the internet that to extend more time to your petition you call the consulate and let them know. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Did any of you try to call the USCIS number? You can bypass the robot by saying "INFOPASS" when she asks what she can help you with. That got me connected to a human who I told about the issue. 

I just got a response from USCIS last night with the following:

U.S. Department of Homeland Security

CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER

24000 AVILA ROAD

LAGUNA NIGUEL,CA 92677

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Emailed to DP:

Dear DP:

On 11/01/2022, you or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Caller indicated they are:

-- Applicant or Petitioner

Attorney Name:

-- Information not available

Case type:

-- I129F

Filing date:

-- 06/18/2021

Receipt #:

-- WAC-21-901-01398

Referral ID:

T1B3052201689CSC

Beneficiary (if you filed for someone else):

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):

Type of service requested:

-- Other - Tier 1

The status of this service request is:

You or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your case because you believe your case is outside normal processing times. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

We apologize for this delay and any inconvenience you may have experienced. We will forward your case to the NVC as quickly as possible. We appreciate your continued patience.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

END

I'm hoping the above means that I'll hear progress on it. I'm gonna call again tomorrow and see what if they can tell me if they actually forwarded it. 

On 11/3/2022 at 8:15 PM, DP&JP said:

Did any of you try to call the USCIS number? You can bypass the robot by saying "INFOPASS" when she asks what she can help you with. That got me connected to a human who I told about the issue. 

24000 AVILA ROAD

LAGUNA NIGUEL,CA 92677

Emailed to DP:

Dear DP:

On 11/01/2022, you or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Attorney Name:

Case type:

-- I129F

Filing date:

-- 06/18/2021

Receipt #:

-- WAC-21-901-01398

Referral ID:

T1B3052201689CSC

-- Other - Tier 1

You or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your case because you believe your case is outside normal processing times. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

We apologize for this delay and any inconvenience you may have experienced. We will forward your case to the NVC as quickly as possible. We appreciate your continued patience.

END

I'm hoping the above means that I'll hear progress on it. I'm gonna call again tomorrow and see what if they can tell me if they actually forwarded it. 

This is mine recently,

24000 AVILA ROAD

LAGUNA NIGUEL,CA 92677

Emailed to

Dear :

Attorney Name:

Case type:

-- I129F

Filing date:

-- 04/12/2021

Receipt #:

-- WAC-

Referral ID:

T1S

-- Other - Tier 1

You or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your case to inquire about the transfer time to the National Visa Center (NVC). Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

We acknowledge your concern regarding the transfer of your petition to the NVC. Currently, we are experiencing a delay with file transfers to the NVC. We are doing everything possible to forward cases to the NVC in a timely manner.

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your continued patience.

Edited by Unlockable
Removed personal info

Timeline
On 11/3/2022 at 8:26 PM, nicholaschong_9@h said:

This is mine recently,

24000 AVILA ROAD

LAGUNA NIGUEL,CA 92677

Emailed to

Dear 

Attorney Name:

Case type:

-- I129F

Filing date:

-- 04/12/2021

Receipt #:

-- WAC

Referral ID:

-- Other - Tier 1

You or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your case to inquire about the transfer time to the National Visa Center (NVC). Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

We acknowledge your concern regarding the transfer of your petition to the NVC. Currently, we are experiencing a delay with file transfers to the NVC. We are doing everything possible to forward cases to the NVC in a timely manner.

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your continued patience.

Darn. I think I'm just going to keep harassing them by phone every other day at this point then. If not done by the end of this month, I'll call my representative and if not by December, then, I'll probably try and go to court somehow.

Edited by Unlockable

Timeline
On 11/3/2022 at 8:15 PM, DP&JP said:

24000 AVILA ROAD

LAGUNA NIGUEL,CA 92677

Emailed to DP:

Dear DP:

Attorney Name:

Case type:

-- I129F

Filing date:

-- 06/18/2021

Receipt #:

-- WAC

Referral ID:

T1B

-- Other - Tier 1

END

yes we did call. and one representative told us our case was sent to nvc.. the like after a week we tried contacting them via the online live chat. and a representative told us our case hadn’t been sent to nvc yet . even yesterday they told me the same thing. 

Edited by Unlockable

Timeline
19 hours ago, IRP said:

yes we did call. and one representative told us our case was sent to nvc.. the like after a week we tried contacting them via the online live chat. and a representative told us our case hadn’t been sent to nvc yet . even yesterday they told me the same thing. 

Geez. This is terrible. I just called again today and the Tier 1 call center guy told me he can't give a timeframe as to when it'll be sent out and that there is no way to contact the field officers at the California Service Center directly. 

The people who send the email responses, like the one I got, are from the field officers though. 

He told me to just keep asking the NVC each week if they received it or not. I explained the flawed logic on that since the NVC will also be waiting on the packet and they can't make USCIS send it nor will they know when USCIS sends it and he actually understood how convoluted it was. Thankfully, he was an all right dude and he said he can't do anything about it, but that he'll escalate me to Tier 2. I'll get a call from a Tier 2 officer on Monday or Tuesday so I'll provide an update for all of you then. 

Edited by DP&JP

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

My American fiancé called USCIS twice (10/18 and 10/25) and got the same answers. An officer (I guess a tier one officer) said that the system didn’t indicate when the application had been forwarded to the NVC.

And the midnight of 10/25, he got a reply from NVC public inquiry (he sent an online inquiry form about our email addresses on 9/21) that NVC received our approved case recently. But no case number attached.

I sent an inquiry to NVCResearch@state.gov on Oct 16 and got a reply on Oct 20 that they hadn’t received our approval case from USCIS yet. 

NVC seems to be more reliable or less disorganised than USCIS. But unless I get an email/instruction from the U.S. embassy in Tokyo, I can’t be sure if our case is in NVC or not. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 11/5/2022 at 12:42 AM, Ako & Rich said:

My American fiancé called USCIS twice (10/18 and 10/25) and got the same answers. An officer (I guess a tier one officer) said that the system didn’t indicate when the application had been forwarded to the NVC.

And the midnight of 10/25, he got a reply from NVC public inquiry (he sent an online inquiry form about our email addresses on 9/21) that NVC received our approved case recently. But no case number attached.

I sent an inquiry to NVCResearch@state.gov on Oct 16 and got a reply on Oct 20 that they hadn’t received our approval case from USCIS yet. 

NVC seems to be more reliable or less disorganised than USCIS. But unless I get an email/instruction from the U.S. embassy in Tokyo, I can’t be sure if our case is in NVC or not. 

In some cases the NVC simply doesn't contact the couple when the case arrives or leaves there. Email your embassy to make sure, maybe your case is already there? 

Timeline

Well guys, the next NVC shipment date is this Tuesday (8). But it's Elections Day for the Midterms, some states observe it as a federal holiday (Maryland, where the nvc is, included). I don't know if they'll really send the cases out to the consulates this Tuesday. Maybe they will, maybe it will be done on Wednesday only. If anyone is notified by them this week, please update us. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Mbfernandes said:

Well guys, the next NVC shipment date is this Tuesday (8). But it's Elections Day for the Midterms, some states observe it as a federal holiday (Maryland, where the nvc is, included). I don't know if they'll really send the cases out to the consulates this Tuesday. Maybe they will, maybe it will be done on Wednesday only. If anyone is notified by them this week, please update us. 

Isn't NVC in New Hampshire?

Timeline
26 minutes ago, JankoB said:

Isn't NVC in New Hampshire?

Yes, you're right. And that's amazing cause they don't observe elections as a national holiday. For a moment I freaked out

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mbfernandes said:

Yes, you're right. And that's amazing cause they don't observe elections as a national holiday. For a moment I freaked out

Yep, freaked out is a word, haha.

*** Several posts redacted to remove personal info. Please be extremely careful with info you provide on a public forum.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.