JojoandTomas

AUGUST 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

278 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, nicholaschong_9@h said:

Hi all,

I received the approved noa on 5/18 but till now I still did not receive the case number for NVC. I contacted NVC and they say they did not receive the petition from USCIS yet. Contacted USCIS but there is no help from them.

What should I do at this point?

Thank you

Your case in my opinion is very concerning. Because, I might be wrong but, as far as I know, NOA2 (approved petition) is only valid for about 4 months. Yours is way over the valid date. Check the valid date on your I-797 Approval Notice. Have you contacted USCIS to bring attention? I'm thinking they prob should revalidate your approval status.

2 minutes ago, PeterCrist said:

Your case in my opinion is very concerning. Because, I might be wrong but, as far as I know, NOA2 (approved petition) is only valid for about 4 months. Yours is way over the valid date. Check the valid date on your I-797 Approval Notice. Have you contacted USCIS to bring attention? I'm thinking they prob should revalidate your approval status.

Its already pass my valid date. I contacted USCIS numerous times but what I been told is delay and asked to wait.

Timeline
51 minutes ago, nicholaschong_9@h said:

Its already pass my valid date. I contacted USCIS numerous times but what I been told is delay and asked to wait.

Did you send a copy of your NOA2 to nvcresearch's email address? When I got an email response from the NVC inquiry I made on their website, they stated that this was an option. Here is the email below:

Dear Sir/Madam:

Thank you for your inquiry. Our records do not show that we received your petition.

It can take up to six weeks for an approved petition from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to arrive at the National Visa Center (NVC). Once we receive it, we will enter your petition into the U.S. Department of State's database systems.

For current processing times, please visit our website at https://nvc.state.gov/timeframes for English andhttps://nvc.state.gov/plazos for Spanish. If your approved petition was sent to NVC later than the listed processing times, you do not need to take any action.

If your petition was approved before the dates NVC is working on, please send us a scanned copy of your I-797 or I-171 Notice of Action - Approval Notice.  You can attach it to an email and send it to nvcresearch@state.gov.

·           In the subject line of your email, please type only the receipt number from your I-797 Approval Notice.

·           If you have more than one petition, send a separate email for each petition

·           Once we receive the copy of your approval notice, we will contact USCIS to find your petition.

Before you send us an email, please check your Notice of Action and make sure it says your petition was approved and sent to NVC.  If it says that USCIS kept your petition, or if it is not an approval, contact USCIS for more information. You can contact them on their website at https://uscis.gov, or by telephone at 1-800-375-5283.

Sincerely,

Morty | Inquiry Management

Department of State CA/VO/DO/NVC

LDRM | DTSV | Contractor

DOS - National Visa Center

2 minutes ago, Desy said:

Did you send a copy of your NOA2 to nvcresearch's email address? When I got an email response from the NVC inquiry I made on their website, they stated that this was an option. Here is the email below:

Dear Sir/Madam:

Thank you for your inquiry. Our records do not show that we received your petition.

It can take up to six weeks for an approved petition from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to arrive at the National Visa Center (NVC). Once we receive it, we will enter your petition into the U.S. Department of State's database systems.

For current processing times, please visit our website at https://nvc.state.gov/timeframes for English andhttps://nvc.state.gov/plazos for Spanish. If your approved petition was sent to NVC later than the listed processing times, you do not need to take any action.

If your petition was approved before the dates NVC is working on, please send us a scanned copy of your I-797 or I-171 Notice of Action - Approval Notice.  You can attach it to an email and send it to nvcresearch@state.gov.

·           In the subject line of your email, please type only the receipt number from your I-797 Approval Notice.

·           If you have more than one petition, send a separate email for each petition

·           Once we receive the copy of your approval notice, we will contact USCIS to find your petition.

Before you send us an email, please check your Notice of Action and make sure it says your petition was approved and sent to NVC.  If it says that USCIS kept your petition, or if it is not an approval, contact USCIS for more information. You can contact them on their website at https://uscis.gov, or by telephone at 1-800-375-5283.

Sincerely,

Morty | Inquiry Management

Department of State CA/VO/DO/NVC

LDRM | DTSV | Contractor

DOS - National Visa Center

I got the same response as you!

47 minutes ago, Parallel Oddling said:

Sorry to hear that, this is indeed very strange. Here are some questions you can provide an answer to and some suggestions:

Did you receive any RFE during the process? it would help you as well as others here in the community if you could fill out and complete a timeline that way someone can provide valuable insight. 

Additionally, have you tried going through your State Representative's office to inquire through a congressional inquiry either to the USCIS or NVC? If not I would definitely look into that to get going.

No RFE, I called USCIS again this morning and was told my case was still in California office and my petition is all good just delayed. 

How can I go through a congressional? 

On 10/25/2022 at 12:29 PM, Pranav469 said:

Actually looked at the case number and found they assigned the case number Sept 28th so they must have received it before the quoted date of Oct 4th from USCIS.

Congratulations on being sent to the embassy and good luck on the interview! 

I was also told by USCIS (once only, nobody else was able to confirm) that NVC received my case on Oct 4th. Not sure if that's accurate or not. Did you reach out to NVC during the wait? I emailed the research email, and they told me they received my case and will send more information soon (2 weeks ago, and similar response this week). I'm trying to gauge what "soon" might be. Not sure if Tuesday's shipment date is a possibility or if it will be longer than that. 

22 minutes ago, Parallel Oddling said:

Look up your State Representative here and look up your State Senator here. Put your zip code and State in the respective fields and you will get a list, from there you will most likely get a direct link to their web page and an area where you can contact them. You will see an area where it will direct you to fill out a form, this is what you are looking for: Help with a Federal Agency. 

The reason why I asked for RFE was due to the fact that sometimes there are red flags or they could be doing additional background checks on the petitioner especially if they have had an extensive criminal background etc.

I did not receive and RFE. So I assume nothing to do with this?

Should I state representative or state senator?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.