JojoandTomas

AUGUST 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

278 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, IRP said:

honestly i also think everyone is getting the same response from nvcresearch, cause i also was told by uscis that our case wasn’t out yet. and yet nvc is saying the opposite

Funny thing I got this response from nVCresearch on sept 23rd but USCIS said NVC got it on Oct4. I’m thinking the difference is when NVC get it to when NVC enter it into the system. Once they enter it into the system, then they ping USCIS that it is received.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
9 hours ago, Optimist19 said:

I actually called USCIS again and they confirmed that NVC received our case October 4. Hopefully this is accurate 

Today, i called uscis and a guy answered and ask him when NVC received my case and he said uscis sent our case to NVC on 11 August (noa2 date) and didn’t say anything about when NVC received my case. I asked to him again about when NVC received my case but he didn’t say anything. We also sent email to NVCresearch on 21 September and they answer 2 days after and said (23September) We recently received your case. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, Optimist19 said:

I actually called USCIS again and they confirmed that NVC received our case October 4. Hopefully this is accurate 

Looks like a lot of our cases were received by NVC on Oct 4th.  My NOA2 was Aug 24th.  I hope our petitions all get shipped on Tuesday. 🤞🤞

Timeline
3 minutes ago, NRGUY said:

Looks like a lot of our cases were received by NVC on Oct 4th.  My NOA2 was Aug 24th.  I hope our petitions all get shipped on Tuesday. 🤞🤞

how did you find out your case was received on October 4th? 

51 minutes ago, NRGUY said:

Do you  think it might be this Tuesday? I hope so that would be amazing! 

47 minutes ago, krhn said:

I called USCIS a few times. They told me it wasn’t sent multiple times then nvc responded to an inquiry saying they received my case from uscis. So I called USCIS again and asked them to look into it and see if it’s been sent so she gave me the date. Sometimes I think nvc gives the date in responses but they didn’t tell me. 

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Optimist19 said:

Do you  think it might be this Tuesday? I hope so that would be amazing! 

I called USCIS a few times. They told me it wasn’t sent multiple times then nvc responded to an inquiry saying they received my case from uscis. So I called USCIS again and asked them to look into it and see if it’s been sent so she gave me the date. Sometimes I think nvc gives the date in responses but they didn’t tell me. 

when i ask to uscis about when nvc received my case, they just said they sent my case on my noa2 date(11august) they didn’t tell me any date about when nvc received my case. I will call uscis again next week and see what they say. Also, nvcresearch answered my email on 23 September said We recently received your case means they received my case week of 19 September. I hope we will get our numbers on October 25-26 

Edited by krhn

Timeline
18 hours ago, krhn said:

When I called USCIS on Sept 30 (Friday), they told me that my petition's status was "ready for shipping on Sept 28."  That same day I emailed NVCResearch.  The following Monday, Oct 3rd, NVC responded that they did not have my petition.  I emailed again on Oct 5th and they immediately replied, this time confirming that they received my petition.  I don't know if the petition was received on Oct 4th exactly, but I'm assuming it was received sometime between Oct 3rd-Oct 5th.

Timeline
On 10/21/2022 at 7:32 PM, Optimist19 said:

hi, we called uscis (800) 375-5283) twice last friday and today  they said we don’t have access to see when NVC receive our case. When we ask for tier 2, they told us that request will take 30 days. How did they tell you when NVC receive your case? Do we speak to with a certain department? 

3 minutes ago, krhn said:

hi, we called uscis (800) 375-5283) twice last friday and today  they said we don’t have access to see when NVC receive our case. When we ask for tier 2, they told us that request will take 30 days. How did they tell you when NVC receive your case? Do we speak to with a certain department? 

Hi! I called them again today to see if they could confirm the date also. I only had 1 agent tell me the date last week, so I wasn't sure if it's accurate or not. Today the agent told me he can't see when NVC receives the case as well. I asked him how one agent gave me the date, and he said sometimes an officer answers the call and they have more access to information. I think this might be the correct answer, but I'm not sure. Another agent told me that they can see the dates, but sometimes their system is slow to update. 

I've read posts of other people getting information from USCIS, so maybe it's just a few of the agents (or officers?) have more information. Did you contact the NVC? I think that their information is more accurate. I think some people were able to get the date NVC received their cases in the responses. I wasn't told a date, but at least they provide you with some information. 

On 10/22/2022 at 12:16 AM, krhn said:

when i ask to uscis about when nvc received my case, they just said they sent my case on my noa2 date(11august) they didn’t tell me any date about when nvc received my case. I will call uscis again next week and see what they say. Also, nvcresearch answered my email on 23 September said We recently received your case means they received my case week of 19 September. I hope we will get our numbers on October 25-26 

I just saw your response to my post now and see you emailed NVC. It sounds like your case was received by NVC then and hopefully you'll get shipped to the embassy tomorrow! It just seems like USCIS doesn't have all the information. 

On 10/12/2022 at 1:01 PM, Parallel Oddling said:

Received our NVC case number, here is the timeline so far (took 54 days from NOA2 to get case number):

The case was created on September 28 (based on the case number and using the calendar trick), so it took roughly two weeks for the creation and being sent off to Embassy/Consulate. As of writing this, status is still showing "in Transit".

August 18, 2022 - NOA2

September 19 - Sent inquiry to NVC (using online inquiry form), got an automated response that they will respond according to the published time frames. Asked to update our emails, provided USCIS case #, DoB, etc. 

September 19 -  Sent email to nvc inquiry@state.gov asking for updates with our case, got a generic automated reply to use the online Inquiry Form

September 22 - Sent an email to nvc research @state.gov whether our case had been received or if still at USCIS

September 27 - nvc research @state.gov replied confirming that the case had been received "recently" and awaiting entry into their system

October 10 - Received email from NVC (do_not_reply address) that the case is in transit to the Embassy/Consulate and provided case number. 

Lessons learned from this or for anyone in the future, your best bet is to email the nvc research address as they are very quick in responding to inquiries (I would suggest you wait at least 30 days after NOA2 before submitting any inquiry to them). I would still use the online inquiry form to make sure they have both email addresses (note: even though I submitted both our emails in ALL of the inquiries, even CC the beneficiary email, she has yet to receive any emails only I have as the petitioner). 

Also worth noting is that I did not utilize any congressional help, I was thinking about it had another two weeks passed without a case number. 

Do you know what the current wait time/earliest appointment  for a visa interview in U.A.E?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I received a response from an inquiry that states they recently received my case from USCIS and it is awaiting data entry. When people note on their timeline when NVC received their case, is this the date they are referring to? Not the actual date but the date they received a response? If it is the actual date, how do you acquire that information?

Edited by Dqs_scout

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Dqs_scout said:

I received a response from an inquiry that states they recently received my case from USCIS and it is awaiting data entry. When people note on their timeline when NVC received their case, is this the date they are referring to? Not the actual date but the date they received a response? If it is the actual date, how do you acquire that information?

Disregard. I just read the above thread.

My noa2 approved was August 15 2022

nvc research:  emailed NVC research  and got response on 10/11/2022 that NVC received my petition and will send detailed instructions soon

nvcstateInquiry: responded to my email from September 5 providing me my case number

From using the Julian calendar with my case number I was able to determine that NVC received my case September 17,2022 and created my case October 13,2022

NVC: Received an email today that my Case was sent to the consulate 10/21/2022

Anyone whose case is sent to Ankara Turkey know current wait time for visa interview for fiance visa from direct experience or from word of  mouth?

Edited by Yacoub

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.