Doris2CA

IR5 Interview - Orig Documents

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi All,

My mom will have her IR5 interview in Manila next month and I want to know if she will still need my original US marriage certificate? I have uploaded my birth cert, marriage cert, mom’s birth cert, dad’s death certificate in ceac website and they all show accepted but in the interview Im wondering if I need to send even my orig marriage certificate to the Philippines to bring to the interview. My mom has all the orig documents except my US Marriage Certificate.

Also, I have uploaded affidavit of support docs w2, tax returns, etc. do they need it for the interview as well? I dont want my mom to know how much we are making here lol thanks in advance. 

8 hours ago, Doris2CA said:

My mom will have her IR5 interview in Manila next month and I want to know if she will still need my original US marriage certificate?

Petitioner's marriage certificate is not required for an IR5 case.  Child's marriage is not a factor in determining parent-child relationship for IR5.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Chancy said:

Petitioner's marriage certificate is not required for an IR5 case.  Child's marriage is not a factor in determining parent-child relationship for IR5.

I figured, but I uploaded it in ceac since my husband is a cosponsor and they accepted it. Thank u!

13 hours ago, Doris2CA said:

Hi All,

My mom will have her IR5 interview in Manila next month and I want to know if she will still need my original US marriage certificate? I have uploaded my birth cert, marriage cert, mom’s birth cert, dad’s death certificate in ceac website and they all show accepted but in the interview Im wondering if I need to send even my orig marriage certificate to the Philippines to bring to the interview. My mom has all the orig documents except my US Marriage Certificate.

Also, I have uploaded affidavit of support docs w2, tax returns, etc. do they need it for the interview as well? I dont want my mom to know how much we are making here lol thanks in advance. 

Hi, it’s not related po on your question. 
But I just wanted to ask, How long did you wait for your mom’s interview? Coz my mom’s case, it’s been last year that it says documentary qualified, but until now still waiting for her interview.

Timeline
1 hour ago, aizhie said:

Hi, it’s not related po on your question. 
But I just wanted to ask, How long did you wait for your mom’s interview? Coz my mom’s case, it’s been last year that it says documentary qualified, but until now still waiting for her interview.

She was doc qualified las Feb 2021.. I just got the email that they’re ready to

sched interview 2 weeks ago. 

Hello. We just went through the interview Mid-July. We had sent a certified copy of our marriage certificate ahead of time to his mama just incase and it was requested of us to upload since I am a co-sponsor via CEAC. They only asked her for her original birth certificate. What we also did, was send copies of all of the financial documents in sealed envelopes to her and told her not to open unless they asked for it. They never did. She will bring them back to us. We didnt wan’t to share either.

Timeline
On 8/3/2022 at 1:09 PM, Wendy8319 said:

Hello. We just went through the interview Mid-July. We had sent a certified copy of our marriage certificate ahead of time to his mama just incase and it was requested of us to upload since I am a co-sponsor via CEAC. They only asked her for her original birth certificate. What we also did, was send copies of all of the financial documents in sealed envelopes to her and told her not to open unless they asked for it. They never did. She will bring them back to us. We didnt wan’t to share either.

Thank you! The AOS and supporting docs/financial documents that we uploaded in CEAC was like 2020, do we need to upload the latest financial documents in ceac?

*** Removed related thread. Please post your related questions in this thread to keep the discussion in one place. ***

15 hours ago, Doris2CA said:

Hello, my mom's interview is in 2 weeks. Affidavit of support I-864A and supporting docs/financial documents that we uploaded in CEAC was from 2017-2019 because we were initially asked to upload those documents in 2020. Do we need to upload the latest ITRs/financial documents in ceac?

The consul officer may or may not ask, but best to bring updated financial documents to the interview.  Upload the documents to CEAC to avoid delay.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.