Mononoke28

Date of when DS-230 is generated

106 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
You're almost there, all you're missing is the DS-230 and that's it.

yes still got the 'received your checklist' message - 'wait 8 weeks for us to read it' - but perhaps you tomorrow friday late - and us monday.....

calling again friday !

moresheep400100.jpg

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Since they've given you the week that it was generated, it should be easy to guess that the date it was generated was that Monday since the NVC always generates documents on Monday. Why not just throw that date on there and mail it off? Is there something I'm missing here?

Besides, somehow I get the impression having the right date isn't that important...they seem a bit more relaxed at the NVC than at USCIS...

For detailed timeline, see member timeline data.

You have rights antecedent to all earthly governments: rights that cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws; rights derived from the Great Legislator of the universe.

--John Adams

j.jpg

Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms.

--Ron Paul

Timeline
Since they've given you the week that it was generated, it should be easy to guess that the date it was generated was that Monday since the NVC always generates documents on Monday. Why not just throw that date on there and mail it off? Is there something I'm missing here?

Besides, somehow I get the impression having the right date isn't that important...they seem a bit more relaxed at the NVC than at USCIS...

Hello ghosty !

yes i think we have it cracked now - the NVC are truculent when it comes to giving dates 'generated' so yes its a case of calling every tuesday very early without fail and then using the previous day when they say 'it is coming out to you this week'

we had some problems figuringb out messages when they stayed on ' missing docs' even though ds230 was generated..

now its saying checklist received' when it means ds230 received

so we reckon we have it figured now - so we all have our ds230 lodged and ticking and we are trying to guess the 'case complete ' date

from the looks of erica's timeline, about a week from the date it went on the system (2 days after receipt) is about right...

it will be a big relief when we get that and all we have to do is flush our bodies of all the drugs and alcohol and flesh eating viruses so we are ready for the medical...

After deep consideration i think this system is designed to make the uncommitted fall out during the process. No way could someone have designed it like this...

anyway last lap (we hope)

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

The problem is that the NVC, the automated person amd an actual customer service rep, no loger say "such and such form has been generated". In my case they were very fishy about saying whether it was generated or mailed out. After I got the actual DS-230, I saw that the date was the Monday of the week they said it might be mailed out. They're being very careful with the info they give out since they are so behind in processing paperwork, so saying that it was "generated" (they don't like that word by the way), or "mailed" out puts them in a sticky situation if it wasn't really generated that day or week.

I've been advising people here to assume the DS-230 was generated the week they say it might be mailed out even if the NVC doesn't confirm it. It will save them about 2 weeks unless they want to wait for it.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey guys,

a question to those who already received DS-230 bar code sheet (Alan? Diana?)

The format of the name and address of the agent:

DOE Jane Pretty <---- is this correct (LAST First Middle name) ??

Address (from Jamie's shortcuts DS-230 v.2.2):

Anytown, USA 12345

Shouldn't it be

Anytown, CA 12345, USA <---- ?

Thank you in advance :)

Rika

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Timeline
Hey guys,

a question to those who already received DS-230 bar code sheet (Alan? Diana?)

The format of the name and address of the agent:

DOE Jane Pretty <---- is this correct (LAST First Middle name) ??

Address (from Jamie's shortcuts DS-230 v.2.2):

Anytown, USA 12345

Shouldn't it be

Anytown, CA 12345, USA <---- ?

Thank you in advance :)

Rika

ok i am looking at my 'real' ds-230 coversheet which arrived 2 days ago...

your address should be identical to the correspondence which they already send you -iv fee bill etc ? all the correspondence from them will have an identical address format for you

and the agent ? should be identical to the address which you supplied on the agent form or - if you sent an email, the address on the email if different

yeas just dig about in your file and see how they addressed their letters to you - and copy that

they had a screwy address for me 'great britain and northern ireland' but i used that and the real cover sheet is identical...

ask again if i am not clear

alan

Edited by saywhat

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

Oooohh,

I see... you would not know about the US address, because they send everything to UK, and even that in a screwy way :whistle:

I am not the agent BTW, so I don't get NVC letters... OK, I guess I will have to poke my agent (he hates paperwork, and I foresee some resistance and complaining there) :P

Thank you Alan,

...NVC is still thinking over your problem?

Rika

your address should be identical to the correspondence which they already send you

alan

CR-1 Timeline

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Timeline
Oooohh,

I see... you would not know about the US address, because they send everything to UK, and even that in a screwy way :whistle:

I am not the agent BTW, so I don't get NVC letters... OK, I guess I will have to poke my agent (he hates paperwork, and I foresee some resistance and complaining there) :P

Thank you Alan,

Rika

your address should be identical to the correspondence which they already send you

alan

Yes NVC still chewing on it.. Carolyn thinks she got a tentative 'promise' that if she sent her 'State' taxes form, then they would mark it complete...

I fedexed the form Friday and it arrived 9.45am monday...Still checking auto message all the time...

On Friday I sent an email with more info for them and also a fax. There is a ton of evidence that her absence is temporary and therefore fits the rules. We even have a letter from London saying that they wont take our case because she has temporary status in the UK and to file in Nebraska.

We are getting no sleep and we both feel ill. Day after day after day

I don't like to log on to VJ much as all the 'case completes' make me sad and I feel like everyone had a good party and got home smiling - but I am the one who got mugged on the way home and lost my front teeth.

We will call them Thursday eve and try ask for the same lady who promised us - if they still say no then our 1 year project is finished for now and we will have to rethink. To think I may have spent a year in this house in this horrible area in the worst weather since the ice age - just to be with Carolyn and to do the visa - for nothing

I think the situation is barbaric

alan

moresheep400100.jpg

Oooohh,

Thank you Alan,

Rika

alan

Yes NVC still chewing on it.. Carolyn thinks she got a tentative 'promise' that if she sent her 'State' taxes form, then they would mark it complete...

I fedexed the form Friday and it arrived 9.45am monday...Still checking auto message all the time...

On Friday I sent an email with more info for them and also a fax. There is a ton of evidence that her absence is temporary and therefore fits the rules. We even have a letter from London saying that they wont take our case because she has temporary status in the UK and to file in Nebraska.

We are getting no sleep and we both feel ill. Day after day after day

I don't like to log on to VJ much as all the 'case completes' make me sad and I feel like everyone had a good party and got home smiling - but I am the one who got mugged on the way home and lost my front teeth.

We will call them Thursday eve and try ask for the same lady who promised us - if they still say no then our 1 year project is finished for now and we will have to rethink. To think I may have spent a year in this house in this horrible area in the worst weather since the ice age - just to be with Carolyn and to do the visa - for nothing

I think the situation is barbaric

alan

Hey Alan, hang in there. You will get through this, and you and Carolyn will be in Florida before you know it. Just keep that balcony image in your mind during your long walks, and before you know it the picture in both your minds will become a reality.

There are a lot of "happy celebrations" on this forum, but most understand the frustrations you are going through, and this forum can also provide a great supportive environment to vent your frustrations as well.

Keep going. NVC will release you soon.

And don't be a stranger to VJ!! :wacko:

Timeline

Yes, definitely. Don't be a stranger because I check this NVC forum everyday to see if you have any good news to share.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline
Yes, definitely. Don't be a stranger because I check this NVC forum everyday to see if you have any good news to share.

Diana

Hey Diana

checking auto line every 2 hours - i am so SICK of that guys voice !

plan is for Carolyn to call them tomorrow night but might suggest tonight as they got the state tax form that they asked for Monday 9.45am...

it's a balance between pushing for a result and trying not to rile them...

If Carolyn has to go back alone and start everything up for us, I am going to move my furniture out of this rented house in this area i hate (only moved here for Carolyn's job) and back to my place in the Yorkshire Dales, and then go sit it out in Tenerife with my son until they finally admit she is an American who is deserving of consideration....

Perhaps she should find the supervisors car in the car park at NVC new hampshire and sit on his hood until he admits she exists and is there.

Sorry to other readers of this thread who feel it is somewhat 'off topic' but the 'domicile' thing is something that can REALLY hurt you if you are not in the U.S. and it's worth learning all the twists and turns if you ever get into this horror prison

If we succeed then I will do a summary post with all the things we had to produce... most veejayers think that if there are no drugs/crimes attached to them and they have enough income, then its just form filling - it isn't - there is a man eating crocodile in this process and it just grabbed our legs...

alan

Edited by saywhat

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

Alan,

it may be a totally crazy idea, but... if the worst happens and NVC wants more than they already got from you...

May be it is possible to rent a cheapy apartment somewhere in the US (in the worst kind of neighborhood) in your wife's name? If it is not possible to do long distance, it is definitely possible to do in a "long weekend" trip. Electricity and gas can be dealt with over the phone/I-net.

And if you find a friendly landlord in a Mexican neighbourhood, he will give you a month-to-month lease and may agree to do all the paperwork by mail.

So she would have a lease and electricity bill + may be a heating bill. Expensive I know, but may work :devil:

Don't give up,

(L)

Rika

CR-1 Timeline

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Timeline
Alan,

it may be a totally crazy idea, but... if the worst happens and NVC wants more than they already got from you...

May be it is possible to rent a cheapy apartment somewhere in the US (in the worst kind of neighborhood) in your wife's name? If it is not possible to do long distance, it is definitely possible to do in a "long weekend" trip. Electricity and gas can be dealt with over the phone/I-net.

And if you find a friendly landlord in a Mexican neighbourhood, he will give you a month-to-month lease and may agree to do all the paperwork by mail.

So she would have a lease and electricity bill + may be a heating bill. Expensive I know, but may work :devil:

Don't give up,

(L)

Rika

That's a good idea Rika, we want to rent a place in Tampa so Carolyn reckons she would go there and try get a place on a month to month or a 3 month max...she could do all the admin for gas/phone/rent/internet etc and get a car..it will be lonely for her to go to anew state on her own and try do all that..

She doesn't have to stay there of course, there is no reason why she can't pop back here once she has established some more evidence of domicile.. domiciled doesnt mean imprisoned in and restricted to the USA

But we have read the instructions over and over again and we have done everything thats shown under the instructions on the I-864 under part 4 (B) and having a place of residence is not necessary for domicile if its temporary absence - so we are hoping she will prevail tomorrow...

watch this space !

alan

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

I have a feeling they will close your case as soon as they receive the new stuff you sent them. No reason to be RFE'd again.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline
I have a feeling they will close your case as soon as they receive the new stuff you sent them. No reason to be RFE'd again.

Diana

Thanks Diana - you give me hope - just checked auto line 5.32pm eastern and no change but carolyn has typed a huge list of ammunition for tomorrow night based purely on the I-864 instructions part 4 section B ! - she is a formidable gal so if I was them i would quit now ! She did a fantastic job last friday and got the operator to go and check with a supervisor after which she got the 'promise' or 'intention' re case complete

ok i will check auto twice tomorrow then let her loose on em same time tomorrow night here...we are prepared for NVC to be really harsh towards her so a 'pass' would be wonderful and a life changing event

Don't ask me what I think about the idea to just hand out green cards to illegals after what we have been through so far since January 9th

I will keep the readership informed on the twists and turns...

alan

moresheep400100.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.