Mononoke28

Date of when DS-230 is generated

106 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline
the brain damaged cockroach dance !

:lol::lol::lol:

I hope your 230 is good so that doesn't have to happen!

As for me, well, they generated the IV fee bill on the 16th and so far we haven't received it. Don't even ask me about the I-864. No clue whatsoever. See I thought I was all clever and had figured out the NVC-they generate it on Monday, mail it out on Tuesday, it'll get to me by Saturday....but no. Therefore I am still waiting to receive the bill 11 days later. Not like I'm looking forward to paying it anything, but I always worry about things getting lost.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
the brain damaged cockroach dance !

:lol::lol::lol:

I hope your 230 is good so that doesn't have to happen!

As for me, well, they generated the IV fee bill on the 16th and so far we haven't received it. Don't even ask me about the I-864. No clue whatsoever. See I thought I was all clever and had figured out the NVC-they generate it on Monday, mail it out on Tuesday, it'll get to me by Saturday....but no. Therefore I am still waiting to receive the bill 11 days later. Not like I'm looking forward to paying it anything, but I always worry about things getting lost.

course i am doing it all from uk - it takes weeks and weeks - just under 3 actually, to receive all the letters

that is a long time - i dont think they mail it for days - then they send it to some centre in deutschland and they sit on it for a while and it arrives yellow with age and damp from all the rain and the places it has been

3 weeks for every one !

ok you can't do the visa fee bill but anything i could do short cut wise - i did saved very many weeks so far (i hope)

and of course you can't courier the bills to a po box so that adds 6 days + every time

dont worry the mail will be fine but slow

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Heina,

You should be getting your IV Bill any time soon. And yes, waiting for the NVC to finish each step is very annoying but what can you do?

I have a question for Erica since she's all done with them. Once the automated message said that your case was completed at the NVC, did your husband call the NVC to find out when the interview was? Or did he call the Department of State? Did he talk to a live person or was it automated as well? I'm still confused about how they let you know when the interview date is. :huh:

Thanks Erica!

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline
Heina,

You should be getting your IV Bill any time soon. And yes, waiting for the NVC to finish each step is very annoying but what can you do?

I have a question for Erica since she's all done with them. Once the automated message said that your case was completed at the NVC, did your husband call the NVC to find out when the interview was? Or did he call the Department of State? Did he talk to a live person or was it automated as well? I'm still confused about how they let you know when the interview date is. :huh:

Thanks Erica!

Diana

when you are done with nvc you are done with em

Your Embassy send you a check list about 2 or 3 weeks after case complete at nvc- you tick to say you have the police certificate /birth cert etc etc and have arranged the medical

then they send packet 4 which is the interview date

the medical can be weird so no booze night before etc as they do a blood test and they are still pilgrims you know and very puritan about things.

I will get totally ratted and buy some cannabis when i get home after ! (its a joke folks)

Funny my USC wife did not have to do a medical to get her UK green card - or fingerprints - or police certificate

or a chip under the skin on her neck

..ok ok that one was an exageration now - but you will see in 2017

Edited by saywhat

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline
Heina,

Thanks Erica!

Diana

Your Embassy send you a check list about 2 or 3 weeks after case complete at nvc- you tick to say you have the police certificate /birth cert etc etc and have arranged the medical

the medical can be weird so no booze night before etc as they do a blood test and they are still pilgrims you know and very puritan about things.

I will get totally ratted and buy some cannabis when i get home after ! (its a joke folks)

Drugs...the reason we're in the middle of an IR-1 case right now instead of happily married with one on the way...don't even get me started!

I guess I should clarify-we are actually married...the happily was the key word.

Edited by Heina

-Oscar the Grouch

Timeline
Heina,

Thanks Erica!

Diana

Drugs...the reason we're in the middle of an IR-1 case right now instead of happily married with one on the way...don't even get me started!

I guess I should clarify-we are actually married...the happily was the key word.

I passed the K1 medical and had a skinful of lager the night before (sat in tiny room in london alone) so the medical aint that bad.. but i am abstaining 48 hours before this one..

I wouldn't like to be too happily married - i bet the years go by fast and boring coz nothing happens and you dont appreciate the nice times if its all nice... one needs some contrast... When I get better after a nasty cold I feel absolutely wonderful

Beware the 3 rings of marriage

the engagement ring

the wedding ring

the bore-ring !

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

Funny my USC wife did not have to do a medical to get her UK green card - or fingerprints - or police certificate

Oh Alan, you know what? Your case is different than mine since the NVC asked for all those documents to be sent with the DS-230, police certificate, birth certificate, marriage certificate, all that stuff. So we won't be getting a checklist. In our case, the NVC schedules the interview at the embassy before they mail our paperwork to them and then they send us packet 4 which is the interview letter. All we have to do is do the medical stuff.

But I do know that I can find out when the interview date is BEFORE I get packet 4 in the mail. I just don't know who gives me that info, the NVC or the DOS. :unsure:

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline

Oh Alan, you know what? Your case is different than mine since the NVC asked for all those documents to be sent with the DS-230, police certificate, birth certificate, marriage certificate, all that stuff. So we won't be getting a checklist. In our case, the NVC schedules the interview at the embassy before they mail our paperwork to them and then they send us packet 4 which is the interview letter. All we have to do is do the medical stuff.

But I do know that I can find out when the interview date is BEFORE I get packet 4 in the mail. I just don't know who gives me that info, the NVC or the DOS. :unsure:

Diana

ah right ! thats because Colombia is not a 'standard post' like london ? - i was forgetting..

sorry about that disinformation !

alan

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline
Heina,

Thanks Erica!

Diana

I passed the K1 medical and had a skinful of lager the night before (sat in tiny room in london alone) so the medical aint that bad.. but i am abstaining 48 hours before this one..

I wouldn't like to be too happily married - i bet the years go by fast and boring coz nothing happens and you dont appreciate the nice times if its all nice... one needs some contrast... When I get better after a nasty cold I feel absolutely wonderful

Beware the 3 rings of marriage

the engagement ring

the wedding ring

the bore-ring !

Ok now I'm getting started lol! My husband's drug tests were clean of course, as he hasn't used any drugs since he experimented with cocaine as a teenager about 3 or 4 times, he doesn't even smoke and rarely drinks. But about 3 months before our K-1 interview he had stuck his finger into a baggie and licked his finger to taste what was inside of it, as he has seen police officers in Mexico do to identify a substance (which to me is stupid but whatever I don't make the rules) that some guys would have eventually tried to sell to his younger siblings. For that reason he is a drug addict according to the Mexican corrupt panel physician and their rent-a-psychiatrist. So we have spent the past 2 years (1 more to go) getting Javier drug tested every few months, psychologically evaluated and "treated" for his drug problem, getting married, and filing the I-130 so when all is said and done, we'll be walking out with a 10 year green card and those #### won't get anymore of our money. So there! Haha, that was fun.

-Oscar the Grouch

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Diana,

I have read somewhere on VJ that it is DOS who you call for the interview date.

Rika

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Timeline
Ok now I'm getting started lol! My husband's drug tests were clean of course, as he hasn't used any drugs since he experimented with cocaine as a teenager about 3 or 4 times, he doesn't even smoke and rarely drinks. But about 3 months before our K-1 interview he had stuck his finger into a baggie and licked his finger to taste what was inside of it, as he has seen police officers in Mexico do to identify a substance (which to me is stupid but whatever I don't make the rules) that some guys would have eventually tried to sell to his younger siblings. For that reason he is a drug addict according to the Mexican corrupt panel physician and their rent-a-psychiatrist. So we have spent the past 2 years (1 more to go) getting Javier drug tested every few months, psychologically evaluated and "treated" for his drug problem, getting married, and filing the I-130 so when all is said and done, we'll be walking out with a 10 year green card and those #### won't get anymore of our money. So there! Haha, that was fun.

I didnt want to ask but jeez that's a long journey !

I have never been too careful where i stick my fingers either but that's another story...

Good for you for sticking with it...you deserve a straight run at the green card for doing that

He will do well in the USA -fighting long and hard for something is appreciated ...

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

Hey at least he'll get his 10 year card and not have to pay the almost $600 we're going to pay for it.

Thanks Rika!

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline
Hey at least he'll get his 10 year card and not have to pay the almost $600 we're going to pay for it.

Thanks Rika!

Cost me a lot more than that but it was my fault...I came back to the Uk with 6 weeks to go before adjustment of status to green card - don't ask !

Only way we could be together after that was for Carolyn to come here to the UK and slog out a year in an expensive rented house

If you put all the costs together including flights home for her and a car etc it would be more like $20k +visa

Still it's our (my) fault and nobody elses so i can't complain. Tell you what though - I have made 2 times K1 applications + adjustment of status and now a CR1 - and I am FINISHED with it.

SO FINISHED ! If I hit problems now I wouldnt mess for 3 years being rehabilitated - it would be come and live in the Canary Islands or nothing....

I am exhausted with it... oh well off to Cornwall until Thursday and then when I get back I will be onto the NVC to see if we have 'completed' or whether it's Tenerife here we come !

I have a special bottle of wine ready for 'case completed ' day- it wont be the end of the process but it will be a milestone

seems about 10 days from receipt of the 230 is 'normal'

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

I'll let you know when mine completes!

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline
I'll let you know when mine completes!

I wanted you and i to complete on the same day but fedex delayed me so i reckon you will be at 'yay' stage before me..

I won't be far behind though... One of the toughest year's for many years but it will all be over soon...

I think I will start a business being the receiving point for applicants from overseas so i can receive petitions and send em in

my office will be across the street from NVC in new hampshire so they can be filed 15 seconds after 'generation' and the client informed 10 seconds after that.

I wouldn't have to be a lawyer to do that...

I would have a colour laser for doing the bar codes etc so they would just email em to me and they would be perfect

how about that !

moresheep400100.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.