170 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
On 6/20/2023 at 12:23 PM, ShazShaz said:

I didn't get any updates on NOA2. I found the approval letter under the documents section, and later got an email from NVC to start next steps. Hence likely you both will be hearing from NVC soon. Stalk your email inbox!!

Congrats on the approval!

Thank you so much!

How long did it take you to hear from NVC, and what was the nature of the email? Our approval notice said it would take 45 days or something like that for the next step to begin.

19 minutes ago, mapi said:

That's promising! Thank you.
I uploaded it on the portal, since my case has been fully digitally so far. The letter was also not stating to either use mail or online (read online that multiple people had this issue).

Mine is also fully digital. However the RFE letter clearly states to mail my responses back. Please follow your letter exactly.

2 hours ago, rubym2020 said:

Thank you so much!

How long did it take you to hear from NVC, and what was the nature of the email? Our approval notice said it would take 45 days or something like that for the next step to begin.

I got my NVC email within 4 days, both USC and beneficiary. The subject is "Notice of Immigration Visa Case Creation". Email address is National_Visa_Center@state.gov.

I tried logging in after 2 days and subsequently paid my AOS and IV fees. I'm now waiting for them to process my payment.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
9 minutes ago, ShazShaz said:

I got my NVC email within 4 days, both USC and beneficiary. The subject is "Notice of Immigration Visa Case Creation". Email address is National_Visa_Center@state.gov.

I tried logging in after 2 days and subsequently paid my AOS and IV fees. I'm now waiting for them to process my payment.

Awesome, thanks for the info! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 hours ago, AK65 said:

Thanks. But now looks like these IOE numbers are not in order as per I-130 petition filed dates, as mine is IOE9460XXXXXX with I-130 NOA1 date of 17th January 2023. Can anyone explain the IOE number sequence for I-130?

They’re approving cases mostly with prefixes IOE09167 and IOE09168. Definitely by next month, they’ll move to IOE09169 and dusting off rest of cases with prefix IOE09168. These prefixes are all June-July 2022 cases. 

Edited by Ted277
Typo

3 hours ago, Ted277 said:

They’re approving cases mostly with prefixes IOE09167 and IOE09168. Definitely by next month, they’ll move to IOE09169 and dusting off rest of cases with prefix IOE09168. These prefixes are all June-July 2022 cases. 

I don't think this prefix is correct. because my priority date is July 15, 2022 and mine is IOE9842. if this is the case then that means mine is far far out. and I'm a US citizen filing I-130. idk if anyone back in February got a message that said due to covid 19 there are back logs and they are mixing the back logs in with everyone else's applications. which is resulting in a longer timeline. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 hours ago, Ted277 said:

IOE9134 is mine so I probably should have been approved already per this? 😔 I’m a usc that filed I-130 for my spouse. 

Field Office: Seattle, WA

10/11/2016 - AOS Package Mailed 
10/14/2016 - Priority Date
11/18/2016 - Biometrics Done

1/21/2017 - EAD Card in hand

5/12/2017 - Interview Scheduled 

06/14/2017 - Interview done 

08/03/2017 - Conditional Green Card received 

N-400 (319b, Military Spouse Overseas) & i-751 Combo

04/30/2019 - ROC Package Mailed
05/10/2019 - Email notification 

05/14/2019 - Extension letter received

05/20/2019 - Priority date for N-400

06/18/2019 - Biometrics

09/23/2019 - Combo N-400 & ROC interview

09/26/2019 -  Oath Ceremony :dancing:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 hours ago, Far and Away said:

I don't think this prefix is correct. because my priority date is July 15, 2022 and mine is IOE9842. if this is the case then that means mine is far far out. and I'm a US citizen filing I-130. idk if anyone back in February got a message that said due to covid 19 there are back logs and they are mixing the back logs in with everyone else's applications. which is resulting in a longer timeline. 

USCIS receive more than 15,000 cases every week. If your Prefix is IOE098, then your case is far out on the end of July, perhaps one of the days in the last week of July. And that’s doesn’t make my assertions wrong coz I’m tracking cases. USCIS approves more than 2,000 I-130 cases a day and they touch cases randomly too. But right now, most of the cases being approved at the moment are IOE09167-68, 69. Check your receipt No. I think you meant to say IOE0918 and not 098.  

Edited by Ted277

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ted277 said:

USCIS receive more than 15,000 cases every week. If your Prefix is IOE098, then your case is far out on the end of July, perhaps one of the days in the last week of July. And that’s doesn’t make my assertions wrong coz I’m tracking cases. USCIS approves more than 2,000 I-130 cases a day and they touch cases randomly too. But right now, most of the cases being approved at the moment are IOE09167-68, 69. Check your receipt No. I think you meant to say IOE0918 and not 098.  

Nope my receipt number is correct IOE9134 and I filed the first week of July. 

Field Office: Seattle, WA

10/11/2016 - AOS Package Mailed 
10/14/2016 - Priority Date
11/18/2016 - Biometrics Done

1/21/2017 - EAD Card in hand

5/12/2017 - Interview Scheduled 

06/14/2017 - Interview done 

08/03/2017 - Conditional Green Card received 

N-400 (319b, Military Spouse Overseas) & i-751 Combo

04/30/2019 - ROC Package Mailed
05/10/2019 - Email notification 

05/14/2019 - Extension letter received

05/20/2019 - Priority date for N-400

06/18/2019 - Biometrics

09/23/2019 - Combo N-400 & ROC interview

09/26/2019 -  Oath Ceremony :dancing:

Well, we are approved too!

June 20: RFE for marriage certificate (even though it was in there)

June 21: response per upload (letter had actually an attachment to mail)

June 22: approval!

6 hours ago, Ted277 said:

no I'm sure my receipt number is correct. I'm not an idiot. I'm just going to say that you think you know what you are talking about but actually don't. I filed mine electronicaly which is faster than mailing. just because my IOE # isn't matching your " theory " and " tracking skills " doesn't mean I don't know how to read my reciept.   

4 hours ago, JaMerican_2019 said:

Nope my receipt number is correct IOE9134 and I filed the first week of July. 

obviously everyones receipt numbers are correct. . TED  the guy who thinks he knows which cases will be approved based on the sequence of the numbers that are in the receipt s isn't 100% accurate. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.