2,958 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Coco_2023 said:

Thanks a lot. A question though - how do I check my case on USCIS  status portal  (with A# number)?

I just became current on the latest visa bulletin so I am expecting the IL, perhaps in a few months hopefully...

44 minutes ago, Coco_2023 said:

Thanks a lot. A question though - how do I check my case on USCIS  status portal  (with A# number)?

I just became current on the latest visa bulletin so I am expecting the IL, perhaps in a few months hopefully...

Fyi:

Check case status:

https://egov.uscis.gov/;

check any immigration law violations:

https://www.justice.gov/eoir

My 2 cents

Timeline
8 hours ago, SGtoMurica said:

I agree.

AP for anything should take place BEFORE the consular interview, not AFTER. 

Consulate VO can not identify you until finger print in interview.  I think AP equalvent to USCIS process for green card application in domestic US (up to 180 days).

Guessing VO return a few cases like us to USCIS to check again, if I were a reviewer of USCIS ,need to repeat task, my face also turning red. 

I was sent to AP after my interview for having the wrong RCMP clearance letter which I finally got the correct one and was hoping all will be cleared and visa issued.

waited in Montreal for 3 months and decided to request for my passport since we were having a new baby in June.

September I got another email to provide new RCMP clearance and do another medical.

i can’t deposit my passport till after the holidays when am back from the States.

Very frustrating process lol.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Bestbest7 said:

I was sent to AP after my interview for having the wrong RCMP clearance letter which I finally got the correct one and was hoping all will be cleared and visa issued.

waited in Montreal for 3 months and decided to request for my passport since we were having a new baby in June.

September I got another email to provide new RCMP clearance and do another medical.

i can’t deposit my passport till after the holidays when am back from the States.

Can you please guide me with the process of requesting passport back? I might have to in future if it takes too long 

Thank you,

Edited by BramptonDesi

Timeline
10 hours ago, Bestbest7 said:

Hi @Bestbest7

Were you requested another set of medicals as your original medicals would have expired within 6 months. of your interview.

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Bestbest7 said:

Yes, I did another medical and new RCMP clearance.

The lady in charge of forwarding medical results to US consulate was so helpful since she also told the Visa office that I have been waiting too long and honestly it worked.

Just to confirm, you receievd both medicals and passport request on Dec 10  ? or was the medicals requested any earlier

Timeline
On 12/22/2023 at 3:18 AM, Bestbest7 said:

So you plan to mail in your Canadian passport once you are back in US? How does that work? I thought you need your passport in hand while inside US as Canadian? I’m curious to know as I might be in same situation where I can’t afford to wait in Canada for long period of time just for them to return my passport (once my whole AP is cleared). 

6 hours ago, APRIL2023 said:

So you plan to mail in your Canadian passport once you are back in US? How does that work? I thought you need your passport in hand while inside US as Canadian? I’m curious to know as I might be in same situation where I can’t afford to wait in Canada for long period of time just for them to return my passport (once my whole AP is cleared). 

I think he meant he will mail it in when he is back in Canada.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.