2,951 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Raptor23 said:

Thank you so much for this!! i just called them and they just said "if the tracking says its been delivered then for sure they picked it up because they pick it up everyday ..." I'm not sure if he was being short with me cause it's the end of the work day here... I'm going to try to call again tomorrow earlier in the day and see if they will actually check for me that it was picked up by the consulate; like they did for you.  Goodluck with everything!  And thank you so much again!!!

A year ago PNWUnited from this thread found out from Clipper Ship Supply that the consulate picks up mail only on Mondays and Thursdays. The consulate is slow in processing the incoming mail, so I wouldn't be surprised if that schedule is still the same, but it would be interesting to find out otherwise.

19 hours ago, tas005 said:

Yeah, but i am just wondering why they are sending back the passport, do they usually send passport without a visa on it ?

Sometimes it’s sent back so you can hold on to it as they’ve realized 221g will last longer than they thought. It would be unusual for them to send back an issued passport with the status not reflective of that.

22 hours ago, Phil_K_IR1 said:

After almost exactly 2.5 months from being given a 221g to submit a CV, we finally got an email from them (as a reply to one of ours asking if they got everything and if there's anything else they need) saying: "We acknowledge receipt of the documents you have provided. This case is currently pending review by a consular officer. As soon as the review is complete, the Visa Unit will advise of the next steps if anything else is needed to complete processing the case. "

We assumed that it was a name hit for security clearance, we're wondering if others had similar experiences with a similar reply and if approval is around the corner, or does this mean they haven't even initiated the security check because an officer hadn't reviewed it? 

Thank you in advance, this is such a dumb process. Still hoping we won't get a 5535 after it's already been nearly 3 months since our interview (Nov 9, 2023). 

I also received a request to send my CV and did not receive DS-5535 form. However, they asked me to send in additional information via email (Names & DOB of siblings & children; current & former spouses/partners, phone numbers & email addresses used in the last five years, prior passport numbers and country of issuance). This information was already mentioned on DS-260 so I'm surprised when they asked it again.

I have been in AP for 8 months now (May 2023).

EB-2 NIW in AP since May 2023

21 hours ago, tas005 said:

Hello everyone,

My case (IR1) was in AP for last 2.8 months, they only requested CV after my interview which was sent the next day but they kept my passport. Today just few minutes ago I received an email from U.S. DoS Visa system and Purolator with the tracking number, seem like they are sending back my passport? my visa status still showing Refused but last updated date change to "today" with the same status "Refused" My question is that are they sending back the passport with visa or without visa, as status didnt changed to Ready or issued. I am really nervous.

Please keep us posted on whether the visa was issued with your passport.

The consular officer kept my passport after the interview too. And after 1 hour or so, I was informed that I have been placed in AP, asked for my CV + additional info (not DS-5535), and told me to pick up my passport.

8 minutes ago, SGtoMurica said:

I also received a request to send my CV and did not receive DS-5535 form. However, they asked me to send in additional information via email (Names & DOB of siblings & children; current & former spouses/partners, phone numbers & email addresses used in the last five years, prior passport numbers and country of issuance). This information was already mentioned on DS-260 so I'm surprised when they asked it again.

Oh god..... I'm sorry :( 

here I was being optimistic.. 

was there a gap period between sending the CV and when they asked for that info? Seems like it's a security check based on what my gut tells me.

EDIT: just saw your next post, yeah they gave us the passport back on the spot, I guess knowing that it can take "however long". Interesting you were asked the additional info and the CV at the same time - we were only asked the CV. Hm. 

Edited by Phil_K_IR1

12 minutes ago, Phil_K_IR1 said:

Oh god..... I'm sorry :( 

here I was being optimistic.. 

was there a gap period between sending the CV and when they asked for that info? Seems like it's a security check based on what my gut tells me.

EDIT: just saw your next post, yeah they gave us the passport back on the spot, I guess knowing that it can take "however long". Interesting you were asked the additional info and the CV at the same time - we were only asked the CV. Hm. 

They emailed me for the CV first, and around 1.5h they emailed second time for the additional information. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
23 minutes ago, SGtoMurica said:

I received a print out during the interview that explained why your visa case is refused based on 221g.  On it I was asked to submit required documents (proper rcmp check, passport and ds5535 form). 

@SGtoMurica and @Phil_K_IR1, did you receive this as well? Like the form specifically stating ds5535? Just curious to know. 

This whole system is BS…

2 minutes ago, APRIL2023 said:

I received a print out during the interview that explained why your visa case is refused based on 221g.  On it I was asked to submit required documents (proper rcmp check, passport and ds5535 form). 

@SGtoMurica and @Phil_K_IR1, did you receive this as well? Like the form specifically stating ds5535? Just curious to know. 

This whole system is BS…

We were also given a 221g. 
on it there wasn't anything specifically mentioned other than "mail passport when asked to" to them.

the officer said we'd get an email with a request and the same day we got an email asking for only an updated CV. 
we've sent that in for a while now.. no need for DS5535 for us, or additional questions, but still waiting

Timeline
43 minutes ago, ShawnK said:

Is anyone ever going to get any requests for a medical? Seems nothing has moved since Jan 2023 interviewers got medical requests in late Sep and early October.  

Are there any Feb or March users lurking out there who have received a request? This is getting very concerning.

From March--

nothing yet.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.