2,958 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, APRIL2023 said:

Did u receive request to submit documents in December? My interview was in April. I had to submit ds5535 and the proper police certificate. I was also told to hold off on sending my police certificate (and passport) until the consulate reaches out, which is when all my APs checks are completed. If they request for your passport then the wait shouldn’t be that much longer? 

Sorry just saw others posting the same question! 

this is strange because you would think that the NVC would have ensure all documents are good and wouldn’t need any further documents post interview. Like my police check or your proof of domicile. I’d always ponder if my improper police certificate had placed me on AP…

18 hours ago, APRIL2023 said:

Sorry just saw others posting the same question! 

this is strange because you would think that the NVC would have ensure all documents are good and wouldn’t need any further documents post interview. Like my police check or your proof of domicile. I’d always ponder if my improper police certificate had placed me on AP…

I agree.

AP for anything should take place BEFORE the consular interview, not AFTER. 

EB-2 NIW in AP since May 2023

On 12/19/2023 at 10:57 PM, northface said:

From my understanding, if those cases that are inconclusive from DOS review should go WOM.Since VO keeps eye on fraud prevention, it hard to prove marriage is true or no, except have a child.  Or how ex ordinary talent have etc. Even further they might challenge birth certificate authentic.

Recently in News a senior 70s doctor was found his father was a foreign diplomat when he was born in US ,so his US citizenship revoked. By law for diplomat's children born in US, no citizenship automatically gained. 

That doctor is a different case. He should have never gotten it in the first place. As a diplomat, they are perfectly aware of their responsibilities but chose not to correct the mistake given that it was to their advantage. 

EB-2 NIW in AP since May 2023

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Has anyone considered filing for adjustment of status I-485 while their IV is stuck is AP/DS-5535? I was told by a lawyer that will not lead to withdrawing your immigrant visa application

13 minutes ago, CondorMantis said:

Has anyone considered filing for adjustment of status I-485 while their IV is stuck is AP/DS-5535? I was told by a lawyer that will not lead to withdrawing your immigrant visa application

Some say you have to withdraw it before as in AOS it asks if you have any previous applications and their status. 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

I just got a response from a different immigration attorney and was told that by filing for AOS, my immigrant visa will be considered withdrawn. It is confusing when two lawyers give contradicting information. 

Hi everyone,

My case has been on administrative processing for almost 12 months. My interview was January 3rd 2023 and was given 221g and DS5535. But finally got a letter in the mail to send in my passport December 10 

just wandering how soon will they process the visa and return my passport since I have to go see wife and kids for Christmas holidays.

your feedback will be appreciated .

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Bestbest7 said:

Hi everyone,

My case has been on administrative processing for almost 12 months. My interview was January 3rd 2023 and was given 221g and DS5535. But finally got a letter in the mail to send in my passport December 10 

just wandering how soon will they process the visa and return my passport since I have to go see wife and kids for Christmas holidays.

Congratulations...did you send second medicals ? 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Coco_2023 said:

Hi everyone - Has there been anybody whose EB2 visa was "rejected" (as opposed to "refused") after a few months of getting a 221g/DS-5535, regardless if WOM is filed or not?

Not sure if anybody here has mentioned about it. 

When did you interview and how long did you wait before rejection?

Also what was the reason for rejection?

1 hour ago, Bestbest7 said:

Hi everyone,

I have sent my passport in September till now they didn't send me the passport back. I was wishing to enjoy the holiday with hubby but it is redio silence from their end.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
22 minutes ago, ak47 said:

Not sure if anybody here has mentioned about it. 

When did you interview and how long did you wait before rejection?

Also what was the reason for rejection?

This actually hasn't happened to me or anybody I know (fortunately!) I'm just wondering to see what is waiting for us at the end of this dark tunnel and what the odds are, since I am almost certain that I'm getting 221g too at the interview day

Timeline
1 hour ago, Coco_2023 said:

This actually hasn't happened to me or anybody I know (fortunately!) I'm just wondering to see what is waiting for us at the end of this dark tunnel and what the odds are, since I am almost certain that I'm getting 221g too at the interview day

Don't worry,  just prepare well and pass in 90%+. 

My lesson is that  should have paid more attention on mock interview, first impression was very crucial to VO, especially ladies' 6th sense you know. I had 8 US NIV visa interviews in my life, giving me pass were all gentlemen. Just for a holiday fun 😊.

Another thing is check yourself on USCIS  status portal  with A# number in advance, which is in notice of action letter from  USCIS. Make sure is clear without any flag comment. That number  will  be your Green card number , might you already knew.

VO has no reason to reject  IV except he/she has strong evidence to convince USCIS. 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
18 minutes ago, northface said:

Don't worry,  just prepare well and pass in 90%+. 

My lesson is that  should have paid more attention on mock interview, first impression was very crucial to VO, especially ladies' 6th sense you know. I had 8 US NIV visa interviews in my life, giving me pass were all gentlemen. Just for a holiday fun 😊.

Another thing is check yourself on USCIS  status portal  with A# number in advance, which is in notice of action letter from  USCIS. Make sure is clear without any flag comment. That number  will  be your Green card number , might you already knew.

VO has no reason to reject  IV except he/she has strong evidence to convince USCIS. 

Thanks a lot. A question though - how do I check my case on USCIS  status portal  (with A# number)?

I just became current on the latest visa bulletin so I am expecting the IL, perhaps in a few months hopefully...

Timeline
7 hours ago, SGtoMurica said:

That doctor is a different case. He should have never gotten it in the first place. As a diplomat, they are perfectly aware of their responsibilities but chose not to correct the mistake given that it was to their advantage. 

I am impressed by this case, DOS has so powerful resources to check a birth certificate issued at 70 years ago, found the evidence to turn down his passport renewal.  Birth certificate also is an anchor stone for children or parent class IV, as we know

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.