2,958 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, jessmcad said:

What about this?

If they ask about the last 5 years, does the beyond matter?

This link show you what happen when you appear for interview. CO have system to search you in the system. to see if AP is required on not. Generally they ask for your travels in last five years outside USA. I would not mention my visits beyond five years unless CO ask. 

Edited by Leo The Great

2 hours ago, tas005 said:

How long it could take when they just asked for updated Resume only and not DS5535? Any idea, I noticed for IR1/CR1 they ask for DS5535. However, they ask for Resume only for those applied for B1/B2 or K1 visa.

Your visa class is not relevant. 

DS-5535 can and is requested from every category, including NIV, when deemed appropriate. 

Resume is usually TAL - which you can expect to take several months or more. 

Edited by throwitaway

43 minutes ago, jessmcad said:

Hi everyone. My interview is in December in Montreal and I am super scared of receiving the DS-5535. I just got news that a friend of mine received a DS-5535 from because the beneficiary in the case travelled to Israel and Jordan within the past 5 years, therefore was on his DS-160 and stamped in his passport. 

I went to Israel but 6 years ago, so it is not listed in the DS-160 nor is it stamped in my passport. There is no sign of my travels there throughout this application. Is there any other way they will know I went? It is outside the asked about 5-year span. 

Very scared. 

If they’re concerned they’ll ask you at interview. 

2 hours ago, Leo The Great said:

Consulate used to ask for Resume only when the DS-5535 was not introduced.

Resume can be asked from any IR/CR category depending on your education background or work experience in addition to DS-5535.  Would you mind telling what is your education background /work experience? 

In general if the AP can be resolved at consulate level, it will be relatively quicker but if your case is going to DC for clearance then it may take longer. Since they kept your passport and gave you 221g at the spot, you case may resolve quickly.

Your case is the first in VJ community where they asked for Resume only without DS-5535

Masters degree in Electronics Engineering and experience with Telecom companies. How would I know if case is at Consulate level or DC? In my CEAS profile still its showing interview will be schedule and not saying that case is AP, However in visa status check it says refused and updated twice. 

Also, when they gave me 221 g form it was written as “supplemental questions will be sent to you by email” but in the email they said case is AP now and only requested for updated resume only. 

The word “supplemental questions” refer to DS5535?? Or resume only can also be consider as “supplemental question” ??

I replied and sent my resume to the same email address from which I received an email, is it enough or do I need to send through courier as well? 

20 minutes ago, tas005 said:

Masters degree in Electronics Engineering and experience with Telecom companies. How would I know if case is at Consulate level or DC? In my CEAS profile still its showing interview will be schedule and not saying that case is AP, However in visa status check it says refused and updated twice. 

Also, when they gave me 221 g form it was written as “supplemental questions will be sent to you by email” but in the email they said case is AP now and only requested for updated resume only. 

The word “supplemental questions” refer to DS5535?? Or resume only can also be consider as “supplemental question” ??

I replied and sent my resume to the same email address from which I received an email, is it enough or do I need to send through courier as well? 

Electronics Engineering is not in TAL list publicly available. It is hard to tell where your AP ends up until you receive visa stamp. There is annotation on visa that says "Clearance received on ....".  That mean your case went to DC for clearance

supplemental questions refer to DS-5535. and it is checked on 221g. The DS-5535 email from consulate contains online link for DS-5535 form now a days. Updated resume is mentioned in the same email if requested.  It is up to you to mail the hard copy to consulate or not. 

At this point all you can do wait like other members are suggesting.

Edited by Leo The Great

Hi all. My fiance had his interview this morning and unfortunately we got the DS-5535. The agent said he would approve us but the computer is flagging our case. My fiance traveled to Israel (to visit family) and Jordan 4 years ago. He was asked about that and traveling to the West Bank. We are assuming its because of that. We are devastated. He got his passport back. Where do we go from here? What are the current processing times?

6 minutes ago, Abriel said:

Hi all. My fiance had his interview this morning and unfortunately we got the DS-5535. The agent said he would approve us but the computer is flagging our case. My fiance traveled to Israel (to visit family) and Jordan 4 years ago. He was asked about that and traveling to the West Bank. We are assuming its because of that. We are devastated. He got his passport back. Where do we go from here? What are the current processing times?

Sorry to hear about that. Please enter your information in the following spreadsheet for benefit of others in AP

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jV7rzX2eCRVoEDRhOtN9a6hDoHRLNEf1P3ZGZbQ0_Dc/edit#gid=0

You may look at it to get some idea about AP - Generally AP completion time varies from 2 - 6 months plus. Most of the member interviewed in Mar/April 2023 are still waiting for AP clearance. 

Edited by Leo The Great

30 minutes ago, Leo The Great said:

Electronics Engineering is not in TAL list publicly available. It is hard to tell where your AP ends up until you receive visa stamp. There is annotation on visa that says "Clearance received on ....".  That mean your case went to DC for clearance

supplemental questions refer to DS-5535. and it is checked on 221g. The DS-5535 email from consulate contains online link for DS-5535 form now a days. Updated resume is mentioned in the same email if requested.  It is up to you to mail the hard copy to consulate or not. 

At this point all you can do wait like other members are suggesting.

in the 221 g paper they gave me, CO crossed check on “supplemental question” line and asked me to wait for the email, in interview upon my asking, CO didnt even tell me anything what to submit  that it will be resume or ds5535 form she only said just wait for the email and after you will send what we actually required your case will be resolved within few weeks or months and kept my passport.

I was wondering, what if they actually needed Ds5535 and resume both, but accidentally forgot to type for DS5535 in the email, and they were waiting for DS5535 which I didnt send as not requested? In that way my case will be hanging in there without progress, however after sending my CV case status got updated twice two consecutive days. I checked email i received several times up and down there is no link or even mentioned about ds5535 form. I am really worrier now.

@tas005

>>>in the 221 g paper they gave me, CO crossed check on “supplemental question” line and asked me to wait for the email, in interview upon my asking, CO didnt even tell me anything what to submit  

Same here but we received email with DS-5535 link + request for resume

In our case email subject line contains MTL###, Last Name, First Name - DS-5535

if your email does not say DS-5535, just wait rather than asking consulate for DS-5535

Edited by Leo The Great

18 minutes ago, Leo The Great said:

@tas005

>>>in the 221 g paper they gave me, CO crossed check on “supplemental question” line and asked me to wait for the email, in interview upon my asking, CO didnt even tell me anything what to submit  

Same here but we received email with DS-5535 link + request for resume

In our case email subject line contains MTL###, Last Name, First Name - DS-5535

if your email does not say DS-5535, just wait rather than asking consulate for DS-5535

Thanks a lot Leo, sign of relief, I just checked my email subject was

MTL**** LN,FN - Visa Application

Timeline

The embassy is not bothered to look at the DS5535 queue for most applicants. I am about to complete 8 months by next weekend but have just received template replies.

Also looking at the number of WOM's being dismissed looks like it is a DEAD end now. It is a Nightmare and not sure when it is going to get better.

There have been no date update until we enquire that means that they have not touched the File since it is put in DS5535. They definetly are working on some other priorities like the conflicts happening  accross the world. 

I always believed that things would start moving in 6 months but that was never true.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~One post advocating fraud has been removed. That discussion will end now, any further discussion will result in admin action.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

4 hours ago, ak47 said:

The embassy is not bothered to look at the DS5535 queue for most applicants. I am about to complete 8 months by next weekend but have just received template replies.

Also looking at the number of WOM's being dismissed looks like it is a DEAD end now. It is a Nightmare and not sure when it is going to get better.

There have been no date update until we enquire that means that they have not touched the File since it is put in DS5535. They definetly are working on some other priorities like the conflicts happening  accross the world. 

I always believed that things would start moving in 6 months but that was never true.

Hey

Can you add yourself to the spreadsheet tracker so we can all benefit from comparing everyone's timelines. TIA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.