2,958 posts in this topic

One of my parents was given 221(g) during the interview to submit online DS-5535 form and resume. Passport was returned at the interview.  We submitted documents on October 6. Since then the status updated 7 times. What does it mean? 

I am assuming it will stop updating at some point. Is this correct assumption?

Edited by Leo The Great

1 hour ago, Leo The Great said:

One of my parents was given 221(g) during the interview to submit online DS-5535 form and resume. Passport was returned at the interview.  We submitted documents on October 6. Since then the status updated 7 times. What does it mean? 

I am assuming it will stop updating at some point. Is this correct assumption?

Yes it will eventually stop for a while. By the @Leo The Great the CO also issued me 221(g) and asked for my resume and DS-5535 submission. I have a PhD in Chemical Engineering. Would you mind if I ask what’s your dad’s educational background?

19 minutes ago, Ahmad0606 said:

Yes it will eventually stop for a while. By the @Leo The Great the CO also issued me 221(g) and asked for my resume and DS-5535 submission. I have a PhD in Chemical Engineering. Would you mind if I ask what’s your dad’s educational background?

Information Technology (master's degree).

Edited by Leo The Great

9 minutes ago, Leo The Great said:

Information Technology (master's degree). He was given 221(g) few years back first time when he applied for B1/B2 visa with request to submit resume but clearance was received within a month.

It's pretty normal, I got SAO'ed for my B1/B2 a few years ago in Toronto, clearance took a month, consulate requested the passport the next day. Got SAO'ed again this time around for the IV, also took a month, except MTL sat on it for like 6 weeks, had to have my lawyers follow up twice. 

I'd say have your lawyer follow up (with a G-28 attached) every week or so, the worst MTL can do is to ignore you, but it may also light a fire under their asses and send you a passport request 🙂

5 minutes ago, ALC said:

It's pretty normal, I got SAO'ed for my B1/B2 a few years ago in Toronto, clearance took a month, consulate requested the passport the next day. Got SAO'ed again this time around for the IV, also took a month, except MTL sat on it for like 6 weeks, had to have my lawyers follow up twice. 

I'd say have your lawyer follow up (with a G-28 attached) every week or so, the worst MTL can do is to ignore you, but it may also light a fire under their asses and send you a passport request 🙂

Thanks. We don't have lawyer. We can inquiry consulate as you said.  What is G-28 (may be lawyer authorization to email consulate)?

Edited by Leo The Great

On 10/17/2023 at 8:49 PM, niloo said:

Hello 

I received the 221g white paper at interview, they asked for a joint sponsor.  I sent back the i864 form and the w2 and tax return, including my passport as well. They received it on 18th September and uploaded on CEAC on 15th September.  Last updated was on 28th September. 

This is my 5th week. Do you think it's better to send them an email or just wait?

Hello Niloo, Is there any update on your case ? When is your last update ?

On 10/10/2023 at 7:16 PM, Darkknight574 said:

Hi Guys,

I'm a Canadian Citizen and got approved for EB2-NIW a while ago. My interview was last week of July and I submitted my DS5535 on the first week of August. I got one update on end of August and no change since then.

I'm planning to attend a conference in US next month and wanted to get your opinion on this topic. Can I visit US as a visitor with my Canadian passport, while waiting for my immigration visa and DS5535? Are they going to ask me questions regarding my immigration file at the boarder?

Thanks for your help.  

You won't have any issues entering US with your Canadian passport despite DS-5535.

EB-2 NIW in AP since May 2023

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
19 hours ago, Fayisa said:

Hello Niloo, Is there any update on your case ? When is your last update ?

My last update date is still 28 September( the second update), still nothing hopefully to hear back on Monday. 

Just now, Gha said:

@Fayisa I remember last year in first of November they sent a request for new medical 3 to 5 visa journey members 

I think just wait and email then in November 

thank you 

Thank you @Gha for your response, hopefully will hear from them in November. Any update on your side ? Are you considering WOM?

@Fayisa they are no update since june

in June they said wait for six month .plz don’t ask about anything.my six months complete in December.after December if no update then I will see

thank you 

Edited by Gha

25 minutes ago, Gha said:

@Fayisa they are no update since june

in June they said wait for six month .plz don’t ask about anything.my six months complete in December.after December if no update then I will see

thank you 

Six months for real? Any reason for that so long? Or is it because of the type of visa you applied?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.