2,958 posts in this topic

Hi

@Fayisa did they asked you regarding new medical.i think your medical was expired.you and me received same time for Ds5535 .but only difference they kept my passport 

thank you in advance 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/30/2023 at 1:00 PM, Mjuve said:

My K-1 Visa status changed to READY today. had a 221g on my interview on June 27 with no additional documents or information needed. Today completes 9 weeks and been refused for the whole time since the day of the interview with few updates. It still shows Immigrant VISA. Is this a good sign? I just don't want to get my hopes up and get disappointed. anyone has a similar situation with being refused for a while then changed to ready?

My status changed to Application received on August 31st, then changed to Approved on Sept 6th, is issued next? I just hate the message it has under the status mentioning this "The consular officer has approved your application subject to final processing by the consular section that is necessary to issue your visa. When its complete the status will changed to issues. 

However, a final screening step must be completed prior to issuance that could lead a consular officer to conclude that you are not eligible for a visa."

It also changed from Immigrant to Non-Immigrant which I think all are good signs for K-1, but I just can't relax since its been 10 weeks since interview with no DS-5535. Anyone knows how long it will take to "Issued" or anyone has been "approved" but didn't receive a visa? sorry for over thinking this. I just seen people change from "approved" to "issued" same day or within two days. 

5 hours ago, Gha said:

Hi

@Fayisa did they asked you regarding new medical.i think your medical was expired.you and me received same time for Ds5535 .but only difference they kept my passport 

thank you in advance 

Hello yes my medical is expired, I have emailed them 2 weeks ago regarding the new medial but they asked me to submit the passport first before getting the new medical. They said because medical expired so fast so they want me to submit the passport first. 

Edited by Fayisa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
12 minutes ago, ShawnK said:

Hello guys, just note , recently  a judge dismissed a case that had been pending in admin processing for 16 months, judge said not unreasonable, this was Aug 1. 

Be careful wasting money on WOM, they won't approve them anymore.

Any chance you can share the specific case?

54 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Any chance you can share the specific case?

Told by lawyer I checked in with, I've been asking around. He said the judge dismissed the case (had been pending for 16 months after the interview ) and now US attorney is running with this. Atleast he is honest. 

I guess if you do file, anyone who does,  make sure your lawyer has lots of experience with fighting a motion to dismiss, ask them about it in detail, how they would respond etc..

23 minutes ago, Fayisa said:

Hello guys, I am wondering how long it takes to get visa issued after submitting your passport ? Please share your experiences. Thanks 

Hi Fayisa, 

Please refer to the groups tracking spreadsheet. There are a few added on there that have been completed and you can see the timelines. Maximum seems to be less than two months from sending passport to receiving it back in hand. Others are quicker.

Please add your dates to the tracker to help others in the future! :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jV7rzX2eCRVoEDRhOtN9a6hDoHRLNEf1P3ZGZbQ0_Dc/edit#gid=0

1 hour ago, LYV said:

Hi Fayisa, 

Please refer to the groups tracking spreadsheet. There are a few added on there that have been completed and you can see the timelines. Maximum seems to be less than two months from sending passport to receiving it back in hand. Others are quicker.

Please add your dates to the tracker to help others in the future! :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jV7rzX2eCRVoEDRhOtN9a6hDoHRLNEf1P3ZGZbQ0_Dc/edit#gid=0

Thank you for your answer 😊 🙏  I will add myself to the last. 

11 hours ago, ShawnK said:

Hello guys, just note , recently  a judge dismissed a case that had been pending in admin processing for 16 months, judge said not unreasonable, this was Aug 1. 

Be careful wasting money on WOM, they won't approve them anymore.

I know plenty of people with successful WOM recently. Choose a good lawyer is my advice.

On 9/11/2023 at 5:20 PM, Fayisa said:

Hello guys, I am wondering how long it takes to get visa issued after submitting your passport ? Please share your experiences. Thanks 

Mine was  6 weeks to get my visa issued and CEAC changed to Issued.

Yes it seems that they e been I undated with so many they are starting to push back. Generally judges think 2-3 years from filing to approval wait time is reasonable.

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Our case status just changed from Refused to Issue today. Thanks all for the help!. Our interview time was July 17th, and got refused under 221(g) with returned passport. We sent in multiple emails and on August 23rd Consular requested our passport. Finally today, Sept 14th,  status changed from Refused to Issued. 

Edited by Maple Yang

24 minutes ago, Maple Yang said:

Our case status just changed from Refused to Issue today. Thanks all for the help!. Our interview time was July 17th, and got refused under 221(g) with returned passport. We sent in multiple emails and on August 23rd Consular requested our passport. Finally today, Sept 14th,  status changed from Refused to Issued. 

Hi @Maple Yang did you have a D5535 or were you just missing a document? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.