2,958 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

To make matters worse, my friend just got engaged to a girl from South East Asia. She barely speaks English and has no formal training of any kind and they got accepted in under a year. This system is absolutely broken when an uneducated ESL speaker can get in before a university educated native English speaker. Feeling super (removed) off today.

Edited by Ontarkie
by-passing language filter

Timeline

Hi everyone, been following this thread for a bit. My husband interviewed in Montreal on April 27 and was asked to fill out a DS-5535 which we submitted a few days later. The last update to his case was May 8 until one on July 11. We haven't heard anything from the embassy in regards to that update and it was unsolicited. Curious if anyone else that interviewed around that time has seen any updates or movement or if random updates with no communication is typical. We're over two years in at this point and super frustrated like the rest of you. 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, cala2023 said:

Hi everyone, been following this thread for a bit. My husband interviewed in Montreal on April 27 and was asked to fill out a DS-5535 which we submitted a few days later. The last update to his case was May 8 until one on July 11. We haven't heard anything from the embassy in regards to that update and it was unsolicited. Curious if anyone else that interviewed around that time has seen any updates or movement or if random updates with no communication is typical. We're over two years in at this point and super frustrated like the rest of you. 

Nope...Waiting from March.

HI, guys please help me, my lawyer told me the priority date announced for August and is back to October 2017 for my category it means I must wait 2 years for my priority case be current and we must voluntary dismiss our case in court? It means I have to wait 2 years my case be currents just because I was in AP 

Timeline

Hello everyone. I had my interview yesterday and unfortunately was refused due to the birth certificate translation document. The officer handed me a refusal letter and on it she highlighted a form (ds-5535) and told me to fill it out. The link does not work. Can someone please help. It also says to send the document along with the passport. Is this normal?

1 hour ago, Nadzz said:

Hello everyone. I had my interview yesterday and unfortunately was refused due to the birth certificate translation document. The officer handed me a refusal letter and on it she highlighted a form (ds-5535) and told me to fill it out. The link does not work. Can someone please help. It also says to send the document along with the passport. Is this normal?

Sorry to hear about that. Can you tell what is issue with birth certificate translation and what is the requirements for translation?

2 hours ago, Nadzz said:

You should let them know the link doesn’t work. This is a new thing and most people here sent 5535 by email. 

Hello everyone, i need help pls, my wife did ab interview back in Feb and they placed her on AP. They requested her passport and some police clearance in March. She was out of the country the whole time. She wasn't able to send her passport. Now that we are back she would like to send her passport and the police clearance they requested but the issue is the medical has expired this month. They didn't requested a new medical exam yet. Should we contact them or she can go to the Dr office and do the medical without their request. Please help us. 

Thank in advance 

I'm trying to figure out what caused us to go into AP. Is it the Military service and answering Yes to "Do you have any specialized skills or training, including firearms, explosives, nuclear, biological, or chemical experience?"

22 hours ago, throwitaway said:

More

From what I have heard, most AP clear in 3 months so I am staying hopeful. 

On 7/21/2023 at 5:41 PM, Jvisa said:

HI, guys please help me, my lawyer told me the priority date announced for August and is back to October 2017 for my category it means I must wait 2 years for my priority case be current and we must voluntary dismiss our case in court? It means I have to wait 2 years my case be currents just because I was in AP 

Wow, I am so sorry to hear that. This is so frustrating. 

EB-2 NIW in AP since May 2023

On 7/21/2023 at 3:35 PM, cala2023 said:

I have a similar timeline. I was interviewed on May 10th and placed into AP then. 

On 7/21/2023 at 10:28 AM, Canucklehead said:

To make matters worse, my friend just got engaged to a girl from South East Asia. She barely speaks English and has no formal training of any kind and they got accepted in under a year. This system is absolutely broken when an uneducated ESL speaker can get in before a university educated native English speaker. Feeling super (removed) off today.

I share your pain. My spouse and I are in our late 20s and early 30s, highly educated, pay taxes in the highest bracket in the US, had our work featured on news outlets like CNBC and NYTimes, and still treated like ####### by the US immigration system. Some days we wonder if we are better off just abandoning this whole immigration process and moving to a different country instead. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.