2,958 posts in this topic

And the Group gets another new member. YAY. Interview was March 6th, interview seemed to go well, interviewer was nice and had good conversation. All going well and then just like it was nothing they issued me the 221(g). Received Ds-5535 in an email later the same day. I offered more information I had to support our case which they looked at very briefly and they then stated that there was nothing I could show them or do right there to avoid this action. I was told that a certain percentage of Visa's just don't get issued at the time of interview. Very disheartening to be here but at least we're not the only one's. Thoughts with anyone who have kid's that are dealing with this. Terrible to put legitimate families through this hardship.

3 minutes ago, Gha said:

Hi guys

i have quest embassy is asking my cv or resume so do they mean my job letter from my current employer or they want job letter from my future employer in USA

plz give me help

thank you 

They want a piece of paper summarizing your schooling and professional experience.  See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Résumé
Anything possibly sensitive, should be as detailed as possible. 

Edited by Lemonslice

16 hours ago, throwitaway said:

Usually 6-8 weeks for the missing document to be reviewed by a CO.

Today Ceac Portal is showing issued instead of refused updated date is 7th which is today. It means my visa is  approved ?

33 minutes ago, Irish89 said:

And the Group gets another new member. YAY. Interview was March 6th, interview seemed to go well, interviewer was nice and had good conversation. All going well and then just like it was nothing they issued me the 221(g). Received Ds-5535 in an email later the same day. I offered more information I had to support our case which they looked at very briefly and they then stated that there was nothing I could show them or do right there to avoid this action. I was told that a certain percentage of Visa's just don't get issued at the time of interview. Very disheartening to be here but at least we're not the only one's. Thoughts with anyone who have kid's that are dealing with this. Terrible to put legitimate families through this hardship.

I've been lurking here since this exact thing happened to us, Jan 11th interview. Exactly as you described it. I think some of them surely have to be random selection. We have two little kids and expecting a third. It's a nightmare. Hope you are one of the lucky ones and it's over sooner rather than later!

@Delafere  Unfortunately I feel like we are in for the long haul here as there are no cases on here that look like they get processed any sooner than 12 months in IR-1. We are already preparing to be filing a WOM whenever we reach the time of waiting long enough to be eligible to file one as we even without kids are finding the long distance to be very tough. I'd be interested to share our timelines and any updates we receive in the meantime.

Feel for you and your family being separated at this time. Hope you get some good news very soon.

Hey. Question for all concerned. Has anyone emailed back their DS-5535 with additional evidence as attachments? The interviewer didn't take any of my spouses W2's, tax return and employment letter which I thought was of high importance?

Also my Passport expires sooner than the expected time in which we will see any final decision from DS-5535. Anyone have experience in a similar situation?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, Gha said:

Hi guys

i have quest embassy is asking my cv or resume so do they mean my job letter from my current employer or they want job letter from my future employer in USA

plz give me help

thank you 

They want your resume

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

16 hours ago, Gha said:

I already sent my questionair email last January but yesterday I received a mail they are asking cv or resume .what should I write more in resume because I already informed my job history 

Thank you 

The CV or resume is a written summary of your education, work history and skills. You must send one every time you apply for a new job - so you should have one already-.

There are plenty of samples and templates online if you need help writing yours.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.