2,958 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
42 minutes ago, PZibran325 said:

Well I’ve done it and signed an agreement to move forward with a WOM. I wish I’d done it sooner just the act of signing has been a huge relief 

Congrats, it was a very hard decision for me if you recall, but in the end, was the only way out of it. May your case be finished much faster!

Timeline
6 hours ago, Fayisa said:

How long you have waited before signing the WOM?

8 months. I should have signed with a lawyer two months ago but I wanted to give m more time due to the holidays.

5 hours ago, ice-qube said:

Congrats, it was a very hard decision for me if you recall, but in the end, was the only way out of it. May your case be finished much faster!

I do recall and I struggled with similar dilemmas as you did also I signed with PIC 

Edited by PZibran325

IR-1/CR-1

Canada

February 2021 - Sent I-130

July 2021 - Sent expedite request

July 2021 - Approved 

August 2021 - NVC Welcome Letters

November 2021 - NVC requests missing documents

December 2021 - Submitted missing docs to NVC

May 2022  Notice of interview appointment

June 2022 - Interview + put in AP

March 2023 - AP complete + second medical requested by consulate

April 2023 - new medical submitted, visa status changed to issued

May 2023 - Entry into US

Timeline
On 2/9/2023 at 2:21 PM, ice-qube said:

Well that's just it, what constitutes coming back and forth in this context. How much back and forth is too much, in other words...

I can tell you I crossed back and forth 8-10 times in the first 5 weeks (first time was 1-day after entry) on just the stamped Visa and then received GC in the mail.  I cross almost every weekend back and forth and have had no issues whatsoever either with visa or GC and have been doing so for 9 months now. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, cdndesro said:

I can tell you I crossed back and forth 8-10 times in the first 5 weeks (first time was 1-day after entry) on just the stamped Visa and then received GC in the mail.  I cross almost every weekend back and forth and have had no issues whatsoever either with visa or GC and have been doing so for 9 months now. 

Good to know. do they question why you are doing that at all?

Timeline
14 hours ago, ice-qube said:

Good to know. do they question why you are doing that at all?

No not at all.  You shouldn't worry about doing this at all - it is normal, legal and very common to move back and forth, especially in the early days of moving.

23 minutes ago, lomnd said:

Does anyone have experience of the ceac visa status showing as Refused but you're actually approved?

Got an email today that my passport is being returned to me and yet when I checked ceac it's showing refused.... Just being anxious here.

Thank you!

Didn't happen to me however I have heard such things before. Sometimes, the officers forget to update the online system.

31 minutes ago, lomnd said:

Does anyone have experience of the ceac visa status showing as Refused but you're actually approved?

Got an email today that my passport is being returned to me and yet when I checked ceac it's showing refused.... Just being anxious here.

Thank you!

How do you know you’re approved? They could be returning it because they can’t issue yet due to AP. Unless your case status is Issued, you’re not yet issued. 

16 minutes ago, throwitaway said:

How do you know you’re approved? They could be returning it because they can’t issue yet due to AP. Unless your case status is Issued, you’re not yet issued. 

I don't know if I'm approved. I am hoping someone can share an experience they had in the past that's similar. Thank you!

25 minutes ago, Mmk2112 said:

Didn't happen to me however I have heard such things before. Sometimes, the officers forget to update the online system.

Got it, thank you! I'm hoping that's the case :) again, just being anxious! Lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
21 hours ago, lomnd said:

Thank you!

It pretty much always shows "refused" before it moves into "issued" status.  Pretty normal, but definitely causes alarm.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

We actually got an email from the Embassy saying that the AP was complete and that an officer would be adjudicating the visa again. No timeline as for when that will happen but they said they will contact us if they need anything. Does this mean the DS 5535 has been concluded? 

We contacted a State Senator but no communication from them, so unknown if that played any role in the email we received. 

Edited by F3MTL

1 hour ago, F3MTL said:

We actually got an email from the Embassy saying that the AP was complete and that an officer would be adjudicating the visa again. No timeline as for when that will happen but they said they will contact us if they need anything. Does this mean the DS 5535 has been concluded? 

We contacted a State Senator but no communication from them, so unknown if that played any role in the email we received. 

Great news man. COuld you please confirm your interview date and if you filed WOM?

10 minutes ago, Mmk2112 said:

Great news man. COuld you please confirm your interview date and if you filed WOM?

Interview was in June 2022. No WOM. 

Forgot to mention, we followed up with the embassy inquiring about the case, and about 3 weeks later, they replied saying AP was complete. Not sure if the Senator request played any role in it.

1 minute ago, F3MTL said:

Interview was in June 2022. No WOM. 

Forgot to mention, we followed up with the embassy inquiring about the case, and about 3 weeks later, they replied saying AP was complete. Not sure if the Senator request played any role in it.

Great news. I hardly doubt it if Senetor played any role. Regardless, happy for you and 9 months timeline without WOM.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.