2,951 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, PZibran325 said:

just out of curiosity when did you hire your lawyer file your WOM? I'm trying to get an idea of how long it may take from hire to approve

I hired Hacking Law on or around October 13. Now, I took a few days to fill out all their stuff required for the law suit to be prepared, but that's just me. They eventually filed the lawsuit on October 24. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, ice-qube said:

I hired Hacking Law on or around October 13. Now, I took a few days to fill out all their stuff required for the law suit to be prepared, but that's just me. They eventually filed the lawsuit on October 24. 

thank you, appreciate it

IR-1/CR-1

Canada

February 2021 - Sent I-130

July 2021 - Sent expedite request

July 2021 - Approved 

August 2021 - NVC Welcome Letters

November 2021 - NVC requests missing documents

December 2021 - Submitted missing docs to NVC

May 2022  Notice of interview appointment

June 2022 - Interview + put in AP

March 2023 - AP complete + second medical requested by consulate

April 2023 - new medical submitted, visa status changed to issued

May 2023 - Entry into US

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

@Canucklehead ask someone to link you to the purgatory spreadsheet (DS5535 case tracking); I'm sorry you're here

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

17 hours ago, ice-qube said:

I am rooting for all of you to settle this nightmare ASAP. I have received my passport with the stamp from the consulate and I am good to go at the time of my choosing. A lot to settle up here first however. I am thinking about entering for a few days and coming back, although I am apprehensive about CBP giving me a hard time about not just moving down in one shot. Some people have reported being hassled by them when entering...

Happy for you and congratulation. Question is what will happen next after we filed WOM ? Wondering what should we do after 60 days? 

19 hours ago, ice-qube said:

I am rooting for all of you to settle this nightmare ASAP. I have received my passport with the stamp from the consulate and I am good to go at the time of my choosing. A lot to settle up here first however. I am thinking about entering for a few days and coming back, although I am apprehensive about CBP giving me a hard time about not just moving down in one shot. Some people have reported being hassled by them when entering...

They won’t, unless you keep coming back and forth, that’s usually when they start scrutinizing. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Jvisa said:

Happy for you and congratulation. Question is what will happen next after we filed WOM ? Wondering what should we do after 60 days? 

Once you file WOM, you have to wait for the government to be served, and then for the US attorneys to answer before the 60 day deadline (once served). Usually, they ask for a delay and the court usually grants it. The law firm handling your case should give updates to you when these events happen.

44 minutes ago, throwitaway said:

They won’t, unless you keep coming back and forth, that’s usually when they start scrutinizing. 

Well that's just it, what constitutes coming back and forth in this context. How much back and forth is too much, in other words...

1 minute ago, ice-qube said:

Once you file WOM, you have to wait for the government to be served, and then for the US attorneys to answer before the 60 day deadline (once served). Usually, they ask for a delay and the court usually grants it. The law firm handling your case should give updates to you when these events happen.

Well that's just it, what constitutes coming back and forth in this context. How much back and forth is too much, in other words...

Hi Ice-Qube-

We filed with Hacking as well and they mailed out the case to Montreal on Jan. 31st. Do you happen to remember how much time passed from them mailing it to your received date? I am trying to piece together a bit of a timeline. :)  Thanks!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, addpeace said:

Hi Ice-Qube-

We filed with Hacking as well and they mailed out the case to Montreal on Jan. 31st. Do you happen to remember how much time passed from them mailing it to your received date? I am trying to piece together a bit of a timeline. :)  Thanks!

Well, Hacking had sent out the summons on Oct 26, and the last defendant acknowledged being served on November 15. So, roughly three weeks from them sending out to when they were all served.

57 minutes ago, Gha said:

Hi 

@Tiabeanie I am asking did you get your email response because I sent a mail to embassy more then a week but no response yet 

thank you 

Hi there,

The embassy responded today to the email that I've sent them 14 days ago. The last time I emailed them it took them 12 days to email me back. I'm not sure what's the reason for them taking long to respond to emails it gives me a bad feeling that they're taking even longer to process cases. Give them up to 2 weeks to respond back. I got the same generic reply unfortunately:

"Good Afternoon,

Thank you for contacting us.

We acknowledge receipt of your e-mail and the additional documents you have provided.

This case is currently pending to be reviewed by the Visa Unit. As soon as this review is complete, the Visa Unit will advise of the next steps if anything else is needed to complete processing the case"

Again waiting over 2 months for them to look over 1 document. This is ridiculous.

5 hours ago, ice-qube said:

As usual, it’s discretionary, I know some people that went back and forth maybe 6-7 times before the final move and they didn’t get hassled until maybe the 4th time.. they always had a good reason to not have moved yet and it was well within the 12 month window, so they were waved through anyway. 

Personally, I’m over the hassle and stress of immigration so I’m keeping my final move as simple as possible and limiting the back and forth as much as I can. 

Edited by throwitaway

7 hours ago, Jvisa said:

The lawsuit is filed and the government then has 60 days to respond. Sometimes they request extensions. You don’t really do anything until the government responds, which they either issue, extend, or fight. Whatever they do then informs your next steps. 

Hello everyone, I have read this thread multiple times, I feel for anyone going through this AP process after waiting long enough for the IL. Sadly my wife got AP for missing documents (police clearance from Kenya) and DS 5535. We were in shock, we are married for 2 years and we have a son. It is sad this happening after waiting this for 2 years for this process. What we can do in this matter? Also where we can send the missing document, the officer didn't tell her how she can send it. 

Thank you 

Edited by Fayisa

15 hours ago, throwitaway said:

The lawsuit is filed and the government then has 60 days to respond. Sometimes they request extensions. You don’t really do anything until the government responds, which they either issue, extend, or fight. Whatever they do then informs your next steps. 

If they extend what should I do ,,and really should I do anything what response law firm must do????

so worried,Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.