2,958 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Family said:

You have reached out directly to the consulate, so plenty of record established that actions were taken..so your worry there is unfounded.

Like you, I am weary of paralegal updates…especially when I hear they enter very limited G-28 s ( mandamus only) . 
You just keep up efforts to communicate with consulate…I would even consider an email to consulate w cc copy to attorney…innocently say you are under the impression there must be a lost email ( spam ?) instructing you to re do medicals.

The paralegal, as per the US attorney, referenced "EDP" or "Electronic Document Processing", like as if it should be something I am familiar with. Do you know this platform? The only electronic platform I have interfaced with for uploading documents to the National Visa Center/Consulate is CEAC. 

10 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

The paralegal, as per the US attorney, referenced "EDP" or "Electronic Document Processing", like as if it should be something I am familiar with. Do you know this platform? The only electronic platform I have interfaced with for uploading documents to the National Visa Center/Consulate is CEAC. 

It’s exactly what you know it to be CEAC…and it’s definitely referring to updating the DS-260 that was unlocked. ..

The eDP application allows NVC staff and post users to review documents submitted in CEAC. Docs for visa processing. KCC staff reviews CEAC Web and updates the

https://2017-2021.state.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/electronic-Document-Processing-eDP-PIA.pdf

Edited by Family

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Family said:

It’s exactly what you know it to be CEAC…

The eDP application allows NVC staff and post users to review documents submitted in CEAC. Docs for visa processing. KCC staff reviews CEAC Web and updates the

https://2017-2021.state.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/electronic-Document-Processing-eDP-PIA.pdf

OK so I intuited right... I am not sure the paralegal even has any idea what I am talking about when I said CEAC.

12 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

OK so I intuited right... I am not sure the paralegal even has any idea what I am talking about when I said CEAC.

That you are on point with ..so unless you talk directly to the attorney, you won’t get much help or clarification on exactly what the government attorney “communicated”.

4 hours ago, bobobobobo said:

also, @kryptonite, where did you get your tracking info? do they just email it to you? 

Yes, I got two emails pretty much back to back. One was from usvisa-info saying “The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Montreal has released document related to your Visa application to our courier Purolator” it then provided my tracking number and some other info. The second email was from Purolator providing me with my tracking and pretty much the same email you would get if you got tracking info for any other shipment of yours.

Timeline

Congrats to those that have recently been approved…finally!  And to those that are still waiting like me, hang in there!

My question…is it the same Visa Officer that interviewed us, that eventually finalizes the case, or does it reside with others?  And if we happen to know the full name of the Visa Officer, would it be helpful to connect with them directly?  

I was interviewed back in November and issued DS5355 and immediately completed it.  Last update to case was Dec 2.

Lawyer thinks they issued this to me to stall the case as my 2 year marriage was approaching at end of Dec.  my case was changed from CX1 to FX1 at interview, therefore permanent status, not conditional.  can’t actually issue until that date has passed.

hoping this is true.  Meanwhile also in Dec my Nexus renewal application was approved for another 5 years! I know totally unrelated but still…

Edited by MikeBr
Update

1 hour ago, MikeBr said:

My question…is it the same Visa Officer that interviewed us, that eventually finalizes the case, or does it reside with others?  And if we happen to know the full name of the Visa Officer, would it be helpful to connect with them directly?  

Usually it’s the same CO that adjudicates your case in the end, after they’ve received your clearance from the number of other agencies that are now involved. There’s some guidance about this in 9FAM. 

Remember that the 221g slip you received at interview leaves out your CO’s name - I’m inclined to believe this is intentional. 

Unfortunately, connecting with the consulate or even directly with the CO likely won’t get you anywhere - they’re waiting on your security clearance, and they won’t waive it in almost all circumstances. 

1 hour ago, MikeBr said:

Lawyer thinks they issued this to me to stall the case as my 2 year marriage was approaching at end of Dec.  my case was changed from CX1 to FX1 at interview, therefore permanent status, not conditional.  can’t actually issue until that date has passed.

If I’m not mistaken, if you were issued at interview and waited until after your 2 year anniversary to cross, you would’ve been converted anyway. Seems like a lot of effort on their part for your benefit, when they could have just told you to wait a little bit before crossing and then issued your visa. 

14 hours ago, bobobobobo said:

Hey guys, good news, today the status changed from "application received" to "Approved"-- i'm just a little bit  nervous about it since I've seen the others said theirs said "Issued" instead? Should I be waiting for that instead?

also, @kryptonite, where did you get your tracking info? do they just email it to you? 

16th dec (refused) -> 28th dec -> 03 jan -> 04 jan (application received) --> 06 jan (approved)

Congratulations I'm happy for you 🎊🎊. From what I read I think once they sent back your passport that's when they change the status to Issued.

I'm hoping to get approved soon. Monday would make it 5 weeks since I've submitted a missing document to the embassy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Tiabeanie said:

Congratulations I'm happy for you 🎊🎊. From what I read I think once they sent back your passport that's when they change the status to Issued.

I'm hoping to get approved soon. Monday would make it 5 weeks since I've submitted a missing document to the embassy.

Thank you!! and that's good to know, i'm really glad.

I'm sure you'll get approved anytime soon now :) Think I sent my police record a week or two after my interview (Nov 08 interview) and got it approved just yesterday, so I think our timeline may be similar in that sense

Timeline
1 hour ago, throwitaway said:

Usually it’s the same CO that adjudicates your case in the end, after they’ve received your clearance from the number of other agencies that are now involved. There’s some guidance about this in 9FAM. 

Remember that the 221g slip you received at interview leaves out your CO’s name - I’m inclined to believe this is intentional. 

Unfortunately, connecting with the consulate or even directly with the CO likely won’t get you anywhere - they’re waiting on your security clearance, and they won’t waive it in almost all circumstances. 

If I’m not mistaken, if you were issued at interview and waited until after your 2 year anniversary to cross, you would’ve been converted anyway. Seems like a lot of effort on their part for your benefit, when they could have just told you to wait a little bit before crossing and then issued your visa. 

Thank you.  This is true but at this point one can only hope that this is a possibility.  Technically they could not have issued me a true FX1 status on interview date as I did not meet the category at that time.  I think my VO also has been on Christmas holidays during the last couple of weeks, so security clearance may now be sitting on his desk for his return (if this is the case).  Lawyer will follow up next week if still no change.

during interview he said he has to issue me DS5355 due to random circumstances.  Then he said only answer the questions within email, do not send any attachments and do not worry about proper formatting, etc.

Edited by MikeBr
Update

1 hour ago, bobobobobo said:

Thank you!! and that's good to know, i'm really glad.

I'm sure you'll get approved anytime soon now :) Think I sent my police record a week or two after my interview (Nov 08 interview) and got it approved just yesterday, so I think our timeline may be similar in that sense

I had my interview on October 31st but I found out 3 weeks after my interview (via emailing the embassy) that I needed to submit a new police record to the embassy (which it was delivered in the first week of December). If my timeline follows yours in terms of submitting a missing document (since it sounds like you got approved 6-7 weeks after submitting a missing document) I'm hoping to be approved no later than the end of January. Again congratulations!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, throwitaway said:

Correct. My interview was CR-1. We crossed the border the day after our 2nd anniversary and my received GC was statused as IR-1. If it had been incorrect, an I-90 could have been filed to fix this error. 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

7 hours ago, MikeBr said:

Thank you.  This is true but at this point one can only hope that this is a possibility.  Technically they could not have issued me a true FX1 status on interview date as I did not meet the category at that time.  I think my VO also has been on Christmas holidays during the last couple of weeks, so security clearance may now be sitting on his desk for his return (if this is the case).  Lawyer will follow up next week if still no change.

during interview he said he has to issue me DS5355 due to random circumstances.  Then he said only answer the questions within email, do not send any attachments and do not worry about proper formatting, etc.

Haha, that’s exactly what my CO at MTL said too. “Some people like to format it really nice but you don’t need to do that” 

Timeline
49 minutes ago, mam521 said:

Correct. My interview was CR-1. We crossed the border the day after our 2nd anniversary and my received GC was statused as IR-1. If it had been incorrect, an I-90 could have been filed to fix this error. 

I get that.  But on my file during interview, along with the 221g form issued to me, it was noted that I am FX1, and I was still a CX1 at that point 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, MikeBr said:

I get that.  But on my file during interview, along with the 221g form issued to me, it was noted that I am FX1, and I was still a CX1 at that point 

Won’t matter. If you enter the US after your 2yr anniversary, it will change. 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.