2,958 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, throwitaway said:

Did you have a missing medical or document? It takes them like 6 weeks minimum to review that stuff once it comes in. 

i certainly hope that part is over !! lol, my interview was back in November ! I was missing my medical (it came in late... receptionist on the phone said it would get there on time.) and an incorrect police certified background check. 

Just now, bobobobobo said:

i certainly hope that part is over !! lol, my interview was back in November ! I was missing my medical (it came in late... receptionist on the phone said it would get there on time.) and an incorrect police certified background check. 

Yeah, if you were refused because of something missing it’s pretty straightforward. Bad timing with the holidays, and an embassy that seems to move in slow motion - I wouldn’t be too worried. It should resolve soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, kryptonite said:

Hi everyone, I finally have some great news. My status changed from "Ready" to "Issued" on December 23, 2022. I received tracking info on December 29, 2022 and received my passport on January 3, 2023. I also successfully crossed to the US on January 3 as well. Got really busy over the holidays and with the moving that I didn't get the chance to update you all.

The tracking would have been received sooner and the passport as well however, due to the Christmas and New Year holidays, it was delayed. Regardless, happy to finally be done with this entire process!

Congratulations again @kryptonite!

Timeline

The paralegal for the law firm contacted us yesterday to say that they spoke to the US attorney and that they had instructed the consulate to send request for new medical and asked when we were planning to send that in...

Of course, they have sent me no such request! At this point, it is hard not to believe that is not a game.

5 hours ago, bobobobobo said:

Congratulations !! i'm happy for you :) (Curious how you didn't have an application ready status- so i'm still a little wary whether i'm accepted or not)

Did you have to pay for premium delivery to get the tracking ?

Thanks so much! I paid premium delivery to get it to my house but I don’t believe you pay extra for tracking. You get that regardless. 

10 hours ago, kryptonite said:

Hi everyone, I finally have some great news. My status changed from "Ready" to "Issued" on December 23, 2022. I received tracking info on December 29, 2022 and received my passport on January 3, 2023. I also successfully crossed to the US on January 3 as well. Got really busy over the holidays and with the moving that I didn't get the chance to update you all.

The tracking would have been received sooner and the passport as well however, due to the Christmas and New Year holidays, it was delayed. Regardless, happy to finally be done with this entire process!

Oh thats good really happy for your man. I also wanted to ask did u paid the USCIS immigration fee on the day you received the passport with the visa packet and everything or how long before we are suppose to travel US?

14 hours ago, kryptonite said:

Congratulations! Thanks for coming back to update after being issued

3 hours ago, AnimeLover89 said:

Oh thats good really happy for your man. I also wanted to ask did u paid the USCIS immigration fee on the day you received the passport with the visa packet and everything or how long before we are suppose to travel US?

You should pay the fee before entering the US on your visa. You can also pay the fee after, but it will delay your card. Your visa will have an expiry date, enter before that date. 

6 hours ago, AnimeLover89 said:

Thank you so much! I paid it the day I received my passport and I did it online. I had plans of crossing to the US the same day as well and I was actually worried if it would cause issues paying online in case there was a delay in processing the payment but nope, all good! I’m pretty sure you can pay it later too but, I would suggest doing it before attempting to cross. 

2 hours ago, throwitaway said:

Congratulations! Thanks for coming back to update after being issued

Thank you! And yes, of course!

Timeline

Now my DS-260 on CEAC IV site says "re-opened". No mention of a medical. Wth am I supposed to do with that. Law firm is useless at guidance, consulate will take weeks to respond. I am fed up.

Timeline
1 hour ago, ice-qube said:

Now my DS-260 on CEAC IV site says "re-opened". No mention of a medical. Wth am I supposed to do with that. Law firm is useless at guidance, consulate will take weeks to respond. I am fed up.

That's rather confusing, I've only heard of that happening if some information is missing or needs to be updated or if it's been over a year since the DS-260 was signed (and you haven't had your interview yet). In your case, the only thing that is possible is info needs updating (i.e. the medical), it may take them a minute to indicate that and what else (if anything) needs updating. You've been patient this long, give them another month or so. At least there is movement on your case, even if it is still endlessly frustrating. Who is your law firm btw?

IR-1/CR-1

Canada

February 2021 - Sent I-130

July 2021 - Sent expedite request

July 2021 - Approved 

August 2021 - NVC Welcome Letters

November 2021 - NVC requests missing documents

December 2021 - Submitted missing docs to NVC

May 2022  Notice of interview appointment

June 2022 - Interview + put in AP

March 2023 - AP complete + second medical requested by consulate

April 2023 - new medical submitted, visa status changed to issued

May 2023 - Entry into US

Timeline
5 hours ago, PZibran325 said:

That's rather confusing, I've only heard of that happening if some information is missing or needs to be updated or if it's been over a year since the DS-260 was signed (and you haven't had your interview yet). In your case, the only thing that is possible is info needs updating (i.e. the medical), it may take them a minute to indicate that and what else (if anything) needs updating. You've been patient this long, give them another month or so. At least there is movement on your case, even if it is still endlessly frustrating. Who is your law firm btw?

Law firm is Hacking. The whole thing is a mess really. You know things like that, just little things like this, they delay someone for months, because just clarifying any detail takes literally weeks. It is soooo tiresome.

Timeline
5 hours ago, PZibran325 said:

Paralegal from Hacking says they will try to ask US attorney for guidance about this, but I can't say I am optimistic that I will get a clear answer. There are too many broken telephone links here and the consulate is always barely responsive. Looking at it in cold realistic terms, it looks like *someone*  has set me back at least yet another a month from what it needed to be here, because the clarification for what I am supposed to do next may literally take two weeks...

Timeline
7 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

Paralegal from Hacking says they will try to ask US attorney for guidance about this, but I can't say I am optimistic that I will get a clear answer. There are too many broken telephone links here and the consulate is always barely responsive. Looking at it in cold realistic terms, it looks like *someone*  has set me back at least yet another a month from what it needed to be here, because the clarification for what I am supposed to do next may literally take two weeks...

Your case has been so weird. I strongly feel like the consulate somehow really messed up with you…. Like they lost your file or something egregious like that…

I wish there was a way to sue them to recover damages caused…

But yes, atleast I hope this means they will actively look at your case and resolve it quickly.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
4 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Your case has been so weird. I strongly feel like the consulate somehow really messed up with you…. Like they lost your file or something egregious like that…

I actually can't help feeling that they did this on purpose--not for egocentric reasons, I am not so important at all--but it is so ridiculous that it becomes harder to explain this by incompetence alone. Why? I have no idea. It isn't right that others be pushed ahead and I keep languishing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.