2,958 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, PNWUnited said:

When the documents arrive to the mail processing location, they only get picked up on Mondays and Thursdays- so depending on the time they arrive, it may add a few extra days to actually get picked up. My document arrived at the facility on the Friday before Canadian Thanksgiving, so it unfortunately added an additional week before it even got picked up. Even after that, it took 6 weeks and 5 days for the status to change to "application received" (so 7.5 weeks from the time it arrived at the mail facility), which I assume is when they finally manage to look at the document. The process is certainly painfully slow :(

ah thanks for the timing information. and yea from what i see, the turnaround time from when they get documents to visa issues is about 5-6 weeks

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

15 hours ago, LAMA9 said:

Thanks for the intel.  AP cases (simply missing or incomplete documents, medical hasn't arrived or RFEs) are one thing but DS-5535 is a whole other ballgame.  Did they specifically comment on the DS-5535 case wait to improve?  

It seems there is now a mix on this thread of just 221g APs and DS-5535 cases, which can make it confusing as to what people's circumstances are.  Waiting 30 days in DS-5535 is nothing and you can expect months to go (dare I say could be a year or longer).  We tried the congressman and senator route while  a few months into DS-5535 and it went absolutely no where.  They got the same canned response we did and they don't hold any jurisdiction over federal department of state to get them to move any faster on "security issue vetting" which DS-5535 is. (all of us criminal Canadians).  

Whichever camp you are in (AP or DS-5535) I wish you best of luck!  My DS-5535 cleared last month after 11 months and 3 ish months after filing a WOM. 

I got a DS-535 but they kept my passport. I just don't understand how Im supposed to not have my passport for a year while they process my application... And then they say my application will be paused if I ask to retrieve my passport. Just doesn't make sense.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Tikitch said:

I got a DS-535 but they kept my passport. I just don't understand how Im supposed to not have my passport for a year while they process my application... And then they say my application will be paused if I ask to retrieve my passport. Just doesn't make sense.

Not a whole lot of this process is understandable unfortunately. But I am praying all of us start hearing some good news in near future.

IR-1/CR-1

Canada

February 2021 - Sent I-130

July 2021 - Sent expedite request

July 2021 - Approved 

August 2021 - NVC Welcome Letters

November 2021 - NVC requests missing documents

December 2021 - Submitted missing docs to NVC

May 2022  Notice of interview appointment

June 2022 - Interview + put in AP

March 2023 - AP complete + second medical requested by consulate

April 2023 - new medical submitted, visa status changed to issued

May 2023 - Entry into US

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, Tikitch said:

What's your visa category again?  I'm sorry if you already said, but I don't have he energy to go back and find it and your profile doesn't contain it.  It could be that for your particular visa they plan to process it faster, hence keeping your passport, which has happened in some visas that are not K1& IR-1/CR-1.  And perhaps for your visa category, there is a rule that they need to have it for your case to remain in que.  They continue to process family based visas with or without a passport as they expect people need to have their passports to visit their fiancees and spouses while they wait (how kind of them).  Are you DV,  or employment based? 

On 12/2/2022 at 5:41 PM, LAMA9 said:

What's your visa category again?  I'm sorry if you already said, but I don't have he energy to go back and find it and your profile doesn't contain it.  It could be that for your particular visa they plan to process it faster, hence keeping your passport, which has happened in some visas that are not K1& IR-1/CR-1.  And perhaps for your visa category, there is a rule that they need to have it for your case to remain in que.  They continue to process family based visas with or without a passport as they expect people need to have their passports to visit their fiancees and spouses while they wait (how kind of them).  Are you DV,  or employment based? 

I'm CR1-Ir1 :(

Hi 

I just want to ask you guys how long embassy sends he actual  response for your email .today I send the email and I just received the normal response 

(we are very busy and your email in line)

Thank you 

Timeline

so my congressperson got a response back today that the embassy still havent received the requested information (passport, photos, etc).

Canada post shows delivered to their third party sorting facility on November 10. i realize there is a bit of a delay in embassy actually getting the document from their sorting facility, but its now 3.5 weeks!

anyone else who submitted document have any data on how long it took for embassy to get their documents from the sorting facility?

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

23 minutes ago, BatmanFlow said:

so my congressperson got a response back today that the embassy still havent received the requested information (passport, photos, etc).

Canada post shows delivered to their third party sorting facility on November 10. i realize there is a bit of a delay in embassy actually getting the document from their sorting facility, but its now 3.5 weeks!

anyone else who submitted document have any data on how long it took for embassy to get their documents from the sorting facility?

It’s probably sitting in a pile for a CO to review, and because the CO hasn’t reviewed it, it hasn’t been marked as received internally. 

Frustrating. 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, throwitaway said:

It’s probably sitting in a pile for a CO to review, and because the CO hasn’t reviewed it, it hasn’t been marked as received internally. 

Frustrating. 

i hope this is the case and not that my documents are now in nowhere land.

blah i wish they can just confirm that they have been received and are waiting review. at least that way i wont have this added stress of making sure the documents are ok.

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

Hello everyone. 

Not sure if I am at the right place but just needed some suggestions. I had my interview for ir1 at the montreal embassy on the 7th November 2022. I was approved and everything. The CO told me everything is good and told me that he will recommend me for the visa, kept my passport and told me I should receive my passport with the visa and everything within 2-3 weeks. The next day I checked my CEAC status it showed "REFUSED". I was not given 221g or anything. The CO kept my passport along with the police certificate. Its been 4 weeks and the status still shows "REFUSED". Is it normal? I haven't received any email or anything. I am a Pakistani living in Canada on a worker status. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.