2,958 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, US2197 said:

Which address do we send in passports? and do we have to send in the DS 260 updated page or just submit it?

I logged into the CEAC site again, where I originally did the DS 260. The status for DS 260 had changed to “reopened”. I went through the entire form, updated what I needed. Then I submitted it and saved the confirmation page with barcode. They want a copy of the confirmation page mailed to them along with everything else they are asking 

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We’re coming up on 60 days since we got the DS-5535. I will probably send an inquiry to the consulate in the coming days. 

Any recommendations on when we should start thinking about WoM?

Timeline
3 hours ago, emergence said:

We’re coming up on 60 days since we got the DS-5535. I will probably send an inquiry to the consulate in the coming days. 

Personal layman opinion here: 60 days is still pretty early. If it was to go to court, I don't think it would be successful, and nowadays it seems the government is starting to push back on these suits. I would at least give it 120 days before you even start considering it. 

Timeline

we did my moms medical yesterday at Dr Lyndon

and today my sister mailed out the passport, updated police cert, updated DS 260 bar code page, passport pics, and updated I864 affidavit of support form along with 2021 tax transcript. they asked a lot of stuff!

now its waiting time for them to get all this and process it. hopefully not too long of a wait

no WOM

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

Timeline
29 minutes ago, BatmanFlow said:

and today my sister mailed out the passport, updated police cert, updated DS 260 bar code page, passport pics, and updated I864 affidavit of support form along with 2021 tax transcript. they asked a lot of stuff!

now its waiting time for them to get all this and process it. hopefully not too long of a wait

no WOM

case updated today. i assume this is likely for the medical they received online.

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

47 minutes ago, BatmanFlow said:

no WOM

What was the address you guys mailed it to? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
23 hours ago, emergence said:

We waited 90 days to reach out to the Consulate to follow up. When we didn’t get anywhere from that, we reached out to an attorney for WOM. And then it took us 4 weeks to file suit from there (lots of back and forth with the attorney first). 

We are still waiting for our visa, and have received a 60-day extension on the first deadline. But, we have been asked for a new medical so we are hopeful that we’ll get out of AP and issued this month. 

The order of processing WOMs and motions to dismiss all seem random to me - not necessarily based on how long you’ve waited. Some who have waited less time since DS-5535 get approved no problem, and others who have waited longer have gotten motions to dismiss arguing they haven’t waited long enough. It’s random and makes no sense. Your lawyer will help fight that motion though. 

So all that to say, 60 days might be a bit too quick, but we reached out after 90 days and they took on our case.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, US2197 said:

What was the address you guys mailed it to? 

when they reach out to you, they give you instructions on how to generate a courier return label, which has the address it goes to. you just take the instructions to the post office and they do the rest

ours was a address in Sainte-Catherine, Québec. this looks like a mail sorting facility for the embassy.

Edited by BatmanFlow

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

We received an email from US Consulate that my infant daughter's passport is being returned to us already. We haven't heard back yet regarding mine or my husband's passports. We also do not know if our Diversity Visas are approved because our Case Number is showing up as invalid on CEAC website. Any experience similar to this? We're hoping this is a positive thing. Thanks!

On 11/2/2022 at 3:14 PM, Ashley28888 said:

Good Afternoon All,

after the additional processing and 5535, they received the documents i sent them.

they finally approved and issued my visa.

interview date - October 21st

email for additional document - October 24th

sent the document back to them - October 25th

Embassy emailed they received document - November 1st

Visa Approved - November 1st

Visa Issued - November 2nd

Hi Ashley28888! Did the embassy email you regarding the approval of your visa? I only received an email of the return of the passport notice. Did you get an email like that too? Thank you!

4 minutes ago, Ashley28888 said:

Yes my visa status changed to issued. 

embassy didn’t email me saying it’s approved. 
I just got the passport tracking. 

recieved passport with the stamp on. 

Sorry for a dumb question but I've multiple folks say that there status has changed after the interview. Which system shows the status change? Apologies for an ignorant question.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.