2,951 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Fyi, got my visa today. Had our interview on jan 4th, received ds-5535 on the same day. Ap cleared on July and was asked to redo my medical. Submitted the new medical on August. Ceac status updated to issued on oct 11. Consulate shipped visa on the 20th.

7 hours ago, emergence said:

I’m just sad to hear that so many people are getting DS-5535 that close together. The overall percentage of interviewees going into AP must be stupidly high.

Last year Montreal‘s DV had a 60% 5535 rate, whereas the worldwide rate was much lower, something like 20%. The cool thing about DV is that the stats for each consulate are published weekly, and it was apparent that Montreal’s refusal rate was extraordinary. Given that mostly Canadian residents interview at Montreal, it’s a bit strange that we do so poorly compared to most other demographics. 

1 hour ago, Filcan said:

Fyi, got my visa today. Had our interview on jan 4th, received ds-5535 on the same day. Ap cleared on July and was asked to redo my medical. Submitted the new medical on August. Ceac status updated to issued on oct 11. Consulate shipped visa on the 20th.

Congrats, long journey! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, throwitaway said:

Has the summons already been issued by the court? Some districts electronically notify the defendants, like DC, which may explain the CEAC update.

I honestly do not know. The district of my wife's residence is Southern District of Florida, so I believe is filed in that district. Not been made aware of their processes.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Ashley28888 said:

Hello, 

i received ds5535 as well

interview date October 21st - Friday. 
got an email from them on  24th October asking for additional documents. 

Does anyone know How much time do they take to verify paperwork and go thru that ? 

they have my passport

Sorry to hear this Ashley. No one is going to be able to tell you how much time they will take, because it is like a black hole.

take my own case, for example, and hope your results will be different. My interview was October 25–of last year. That is right, I have been in AP for 1 year today. I was given DS-5535 and returned it to them on Oct 28, 2021. Today I am still waiting. May you not have this drag on like it has for me.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ashley28888 said:

Hello, 

Does anyone know How much time do they take to verify paperwork and go thru that ? 

they have my passport

If you have travel plans, i would advise getting your passport back. They kept my passport after the interview and held it for 9 months until they issued my visa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 10/24/2022 at 7:57 PM, Filcan said:

Am I reading this correctly that it took three months from asking you for a new medical to getting your visa in-hand?? It took over a month for the status to change to issued after you submitted the medical? That all seems crazy.

Did you file a lawsuit?

Edited by mymissingpiece

Timeline
30 minutes ago, mymissingpiece said:

Am I reading this correctly that it took three months from asking you for a new medical to getting your visa in-hand?? It took over a month for the status to change to issued after you submitted the medical? That all seems crazy.

Did you file a lawsuit?

Took 2 months to issue my visa from the time the new medical was sent. No lawsuit. 

They requested new medical on july 14. I was able to book a july 27th appoint for my new medical. New medical was electronically sent on august 11. Status updated to issued on october 11.

Edited by Filcan
None

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Filcan said:

Correct! Exactly 3 months it turned to issued. August 11, the medical was sent according to the dr’s office. October 11, the status updated to issued. On my visa though, it said the visa was issued on october 20.

no lawsuit by the way.

That sucks you waited so long, but at least you have it now! We filed a lawsuit July 26 and just got asked for a new medical Oct 14. The medical should be submitted to the consulate tomorrow. Really hoping we don’t have to wait another 2+ months too 😣

Timeline
6 minutes ago, mymissingpiece said:

That sucks you waited so long, but at least you have it now! We filed a lawsuit July 26 and just got asked for a new medical Oct 14. The medical should be submitted to the consulate tomorrow. Really hoping we don’t have to wait another 2+ months too 😣

I suggest that you send an email to the consulate once your medical is sent to let them know. If your medical gets sent electronically, consulate won’t acknowledge receipt. 

Timeline
11 hours ago, mymissingpiece said:

from my personal experience. I've noticed that the 2 month wait is standard once you submit something during this process. Though I am sure there may be others for which it was more or less than 2 months. Prayerfully, things speed up for all of us who are in limbo. 

IR-1/CR-1

Canada

February 2021 - Sent I-130

July 2021 - Sent expedite request

July 2021 - Approved 

August 2021 - NVC Welcome Letters

November 2021 - NVC requests missing documents

December 2021 - Submitted missing docs to NVC

May 2022  Notice of interview appointment

June 2022 - Interview + put in AP

March 2023 - AP complete + second medical requested by consulate

April 2023 - new medical submitted, visa status changed to issued

May 2023 - Entry into US

Timeline
18 hours ago, Ashley28888 said:

Hello, 

they have my passport

Our interview was on June 8, we received DS 5535 on June 9th, and replied by June 10th. They kept my husband's passport too, and four months later we are still waiting. Hopefully that gives you an idea. We have not asked for his passport back but we are seriously contemplating on going for a WOM if we don't hear anything by November. 

IR-1/CR-1

Canada

February 2021 - Sent I-130

July 2021 - Sent expedite request

July 2021 - Approved 

August 2021 - NVC Welcome Letters

November 2021 - NVC requests missing documents

December 2021 - Submitted missing docs to NVC

May 2022  Notice of interview appointment

June 2022 - Interview + put in AP

March 2023 - AP complete + second medical requested by consulate

April 2023 - new medical submitted, visa status changed to issued

May 2023 - Entry into US

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.