zafi

RFE for both Parents I-130

8 posts in this topic

Hello guys my parents live in pakistan. I have filed two I-130 for my parents. I just received an RFE for both petitions. The reason is that my birth was registered late. They are asking more evidence. My question is that if I submit two photocopies of the NADRA FRC for both petitions separately along with RFE is that going to be sufficient?

26 minutes ago, zafi said:

Hello guys my parents live in pakistan. I have filed two I-130 for my parents. I just received an RFE for both petitions. The reason is that my birth was registered late. They are asking more evidence. My question is that if I submit two photocopies of the NADRA FRC for both petitions separately along with RFE is that going to be sufficient?

What documents does the RFE list as possibly acceptable? Is the FRC listed on there? Do they say anything about a possible DNA test?

RFE letter gives us option to submit one out of bunch of documents. FRC is not listed there. The list includes Government record, Hospital Records, Church record, school record etc. In Pakistan they do not put in mother's name on school certificates. It has only my father's name.

Edited by zafi

Hm. DoS reciprocity implies FRC is acceptable in general in place of BC but can you get one that was issued within a year of your birth or at least when you were very young? If not I think the same issue applies. (Also note that reciprocity table itself states school records are often reviewed.) my understanding is that if what you submit is not acceptable, they do not issue another RFE but then move to reject the petition. So I’d advise you to be very sure about what you submit.
If they suggest dna as an option, honestly I’d do that. It’s an expensive option but it works.

You must submit all other evidence requested in this letter. Petitions lacking sufficient primary or secondary evidence may be denied despite DNA evidence.

If you choose to undergo DNA testing, please note that:

DNA testing is VOLUNTARY.

You are responsible for all costs of DNA testing and related expenses (such as doctor's fees and fees to transmit testing materials and blood samples) are exclusively your responsibility.

Submitting to DNA testing does NOT guarantee approval of the petition.

This is what RFE letter says which means I will have to submit primary or secondary evidence with DNA results because DNA results alone are not enough

6 minutes ago, zafi said:

You must submit all other evidence requested in this letter. Petitions lacking sufficient primary or secondary evidence may be denied despite DNA evidence.

If you choose to undergo DNA testing, please note that:

DNA testing is VOLUNTARY.

You are responsible for all costs of DNA testing and related expenses (such as doctor's fees and fees to transmit testing materials and blood samples) are exclusively your responsibility.

Submitting to DNA testing does NOT guarantee approval of the petition.

This is what RFE letter says which means I will have to submit primary or secondary evidence with DNA results because DNA results alone are not enough

Yup, that’s what they say, but I have never heard of a single instance (mine included) where DNA (obviously done via one of their approved labs) was rejected by uscis as a basis for parent-child relationship. 
From what you’ve said, you don’t have a ton of evidence, so in your case I’d submit what you have (seems to be FRC and, for your father, school records? Anything else?) and do DNA. My preference would be to get as much as possible to them to prevent the petitions being denied.  Anyway - it’s your case, your decision.

8 hours ago, zafi said:

How much does DNA would cost us? How would DNA testing work when my parents are in Pakistan and I am in the US?

I don’t know how much it costs for Pakistan. The authorized labs have associate labs in relevant countries - your parents do theirs there, you do yours in the US and the labs will deal with getting them together and doing the relevant testing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.