Rastamike808

DS 160 (Invoice ID Number)

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

We received our letter from the NVC that gave us our case number. I believe the next step is fill out the DS 160 but when we go there, the site is also asking for an invoice id number. This number is not listed in the letter. Is that something we still need to wait for or how can we get it?

10.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
6 hours ago, powerpuff said:

What website exactly?

k1 applicants do not need an invoice ID. It doesn’t come into play at all.

So looking at travel.state.gov it lists the steps.  I click on the link for CEAC and it takes me to a page asking for my case number. I put in the number the nvc sent me then the page reloads and is now asking for an invoice number as well. This is where I am stuck because I cant leave it blank and I'm not sure what else to put in there.

image.thumb.png.23d29ab5d88ecf4889fe4254698e1187.png

image.thumb.png.176e4374fadc9d494c1fe91eb91aadaa.pngimage.thumb.png.295b8fdc8af578c2391e7209322491d7.png

You do not upload anything to NVC/CEAC. You do not create an account or sign in. From now on you’re done with NVC. Now you deal with a consulate and pay fees, fill out a DS-160 on ustraveldocs for the country you’re interviewing in. Please check the guides here on Vj to have more clarity on the process. 

*** Removed duplicate thread.  Please post your related questions in this thread to keep the discussion in one place. ***

13 hours ago, Rastamike808 said:

Im at this same step but I don't understand because we need to login to CEAC to pay the fees. It asks for the invoice id to get in.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Quoted from a post

Im at this same step but I don't understand because we need to login to CEAC to pay the fees. It asks for the invoice id to get in.

if u check the CEAC as immigrant ,  it thinks you are doing spouse visa and for that there NVC invoices and fees

your visa application fee may be paid at bank or embassy /  it will depend on how Cosa Rica handles this

follow the K1 visa guides on USCIS and the Cost Rica embassy site

• After USCIS approves the petition, it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will give you a case number and send your petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your fiancé(e) lives.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, Rastamike808 said:

So looking at travel.state.gov it lists the steps.  I click on the link for CEAC and it takes me to a page asking for my case number. I put in the number the nvc sent me then the page reloads and is now asking for an invoice number as well. This is where I am stuck because I cant leave it blank and I'm not sure what else to put in there.

image.thumb.png.23d29ab5d88ecf4889fe4254698e1187.png

image.thumb.png.176e4374fadc9d494c1fe91eb91aadaa.pngimage.thumb.png.295b8fdc8af578c2391e7209322491d7.png

You are in the wrong place. You on in the Immigration Visa side. You need to click the DS-160 for Non-Immigration visa since you are a K1.

image.thumb.png.c4e12b2da895b1f95bde0f3e02f6df3f.png

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.