426 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 hours ago, JoeMc said:

Wow, it has been quiet in here for a while. Still waiting for any movement here... How is everyone else doing?  

I never posted updates here, but I got my citizenship on March 15th. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Nice surprise this week - got approved! Been sitting on "case received" since Aug 2022 and has now moved to "case was approved". Fingerprints must have been reused and the interview waived. I haven't applied for N400 yet.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
On 6/13/2024 at 10:51 PM, TDB said:

Nice surprise this week - got approved! Been sitting on "case received" since Aug 2022 and has now moved to "case was approved". Fingerprints must have been reused and the interview waived. I haven't applied for N400 yet.

Congratulations!!! I am hoping that we get some good news soon. (Also hoping to avoid an RFE, that they reuse the biometrics, and that they waive the interview...)

I-751 Timeline

● Aug 11, 2022 / I-751 / Submission to USCIS

● Jun 20, 2024 / I-751 / Biometrics, i.e. fingerprint and photo

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Yesterday (6/20/24) our case status changed to "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken"

I hope we sent enough evidence in the initial submission to have the interview waived and avoid an RFE. Fingers crossed...

I-751

2022-08-11     Case Was Received
2024-06-20    Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken

I-751 Timeline

● Aug 11, 2022 / I-751 / Submission to USCIS

● Jun 20, 2024 / I-751 / Biometrics, i.e. fingerprint and photo

On 6/21/2024 at 11:03 AM, JoeMc said:

Yesterday (6/20/24) our case status changed to "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken"

I hope we sent enough evidence in the initial submission to have the interview waived and avoid an RFE. Fingers crossed...

I-751

2022-08-11     Case Was Received
2024-06-20    Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken

We got the same thing, even though we are September filers.

Keep us posted!  Wishing you an approval without interview or RFE!

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed
June 2024 - Biometrics Reused
July 2024 - Approved (NO INTERVIEW) and GC received.

• 2 months later...

Received RFE on August 13, almost 2 years after I filed. The RFE was for the divorce decree, as at the time of filing our divorce wasn’t finalized. Even though we initially had a strong case (we met through work and had known each other for a few years before we started dating), I’m dreading the interview just because a divorce makes the case look suspicious… Replied to the RFE as soon as I could, case status got updated when they received my response, haven’t heard from them since. 
If anything can teach you patience, immigration can. 

K1 visa journey:                                                                       AOS:

Filed I-129f: February 22, 2019                                              AOS+EAD package sent: February 15, 2020

NOA1: February 28, 2019                                                       Biometrics: March 17, 2020

NOA2: May 14, 2019 (75 days from NOA1!)                       EAD approved: July 21, 2020

NVC received: June 07, 2019                                                EAD received: August 7, 2020

NVC case # assigned: June 13, 2019                               

NVC left: June 25, 2019

Consulate received: June 27, 2019

Interview: August 5, 2019 🤞

Visa received: August 6, 2019

US entry: November 19, 2019

Marriage: December 31, 2019

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.