buffyisveryfuzzy

I-129f Form Rough Draft Completed, have a few questions (merged)

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello, my Fiancée and I have a few questions about our form before we finish it up and send it off. I apologize if I am not supposed to put several questions in one post.

Item 8: Your Mailing Address:

We are going to live in Mexico City while we wait/because we want to. I rented a private mailbox for my correspondence, not just for this purpose. Is it ok to have a private mailbox or a PO box as your mailing address on this form?

Item 9: Physical Address 1:

Is it ok if this changes? When we move to Mexico is it ok if I change this to my parents house? Should I make it my parents house now or after I actually move in October of 2022, leaving my current address in this spot for now?

Item 32: Information About Your Parents:

One of my parents passed away, how do I fill in 36.a. and 36.b. for City and Country of Residence? The last place they lived?

Item 40: My Birth Place:

If 40.a. Birth in the United States is my answer, then I can ignore Items 41 and 42.a. 42.b. and 42.c. correct?

Item 45: Address in the United States where your beneficiary intends to live:

We intend to live in Mexico City while we wait, so the address in this slot is kind of unknown. Is it ok to put my current apartment here then change it later?

Item 54: Proof of Relationship:

How much detail do we actually need to give? We’ve been together for about 2 years and have tons and tons of proof.

Page 8: Additional Addresses

In 5 years I have moved 4 times, I can stick the addresses into the Page 8 3.d. 4.d. Fields just fine. I am confused about the Page Number, Part Number, and Item Number. The continuation of 9a to 12b leaves space for 2 addresses, but 13 begins Employment History, so I can't use 13 in the Item Number.

I-129 Question:

I met my fiancée while she was working here with a TN Visa. She did file an I-129 (Non-Immigrant Worker) Visa which was approved in July 2021, but she quit her job in November 2021, she never received the notice in the mail. We are wondering if it is a problem to file the I-129f with her older I-129 already being approved? Is there any advantage to her I-129 being approved and in the pipeline already, or do we have to restart anyway.

Thank you

Timeline

I am wondering if this, along with a few random photos and hotel receipts, will suffice.

image.png.711c39f625d72ac7a5e08082b4a82be8.png

Thanks!

Edited by buffyisveryfuzzy

If the beneficiary visited you in the US, I would also include her flight ticket, and CBP entry/exit info like I-94.

Edited by EatBulaga

Item 8 & 9, it is okay to have a foreign address. But at some point, you will need to fill out a Change of Address when you move back to the US.

https://www.uscis.gov/addresschange

Item 36.a & 36.b, write "deceased".

Item 40.a, yes to "Birth in the United States". Maybe include a copy of the US petitioner birth certificate, and copy of the petitioner US passport in the I-129F application.

Item 41, If you don't have a Certificate of Naturalization, then select "No", and skip Item 42.

Part2, Item 45, I would leave blank or put your parent's address if you are not sure where you will live in the US. But at some point before the K1 interview, it would be advantageous to establish US domicile and establish US financial support since the K1 is for coming to the US, and use the Change of Address form.

Item 54, put together a pic collage in chronological order. Pics with family are always a plus. I include about 3-4 pages of pics (single-sided) in our I-129F.

Page8 is the IMB info? If you want to add extra info about Page7 beneficiary addresses, you can append to Part8 and list Page 7, Part 2, Item 49-50.

I-129F (fiancee) is a separate visa application from I-129 (worker). You can have more than one visa application as long as the conditions do not conflict. One example of conflict is applying for a K1 while still married, or single but filing for CR1 spouse visa.

Edited by EatBulaga

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

You can also put "Please see attached" in that box and provide a separate statement with may be one paragraph write up. Include any photos or receipts or travel/boarding passes that shows you two met.

Out of curiosity, if she is already here any reason why not just marry and go with AOS now rather than doing the same 1.5 years later?

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

I would reword item 54 to be:

January 2021 USA

April 2021 - February 2022 : USA

March 2022 - present : USA

More concise. More informative.  

Then on separate  sheets of paper document those meetings: plane tickets, hotel receipts, passport stamps, I-94 travel records, and photos. 

If she is spending most of her time in the USA, instead of filing I-129F, while not get married and file an I-130 / I-130A  / I-485 / I-765 / I-131 / I-864 package now?

When she gets her K-1 visa she will have to file all those forms but I-130 and I-130A and her wait to get a employment and travel authorization and green card will take longer. 

Edited by Mike E

Timeline

Thanks all, the reason we don't do the I-130 is because:

1. She is here on a tourist visa and we did not intend to marry during this trip

2. We want to live in Mexico anyway for awhile

3. We're nowhere near ready for a wedding

16 hours ago, buffyisveryfuzzy said:

One of my parents passed away, how do I fill in 36.a. and 36.b. for City and Country of Residence? The last place they lived?

Write "Deceased".

We intend to live in Mexico City while we wait, so the address in this slot is kind of unknown. Is it ok to put my current apartment here then change it later?

Write "To be determined".

We are wondering if it is a problem to file the I-129f with her older I-129 already being approved? Is there any advantage to her I-129 being approved and in the pipeline already, or do we have to restart anyway.

I-129 and I-129F are different petitions, processed independently of each other.

• Ontarkie changed the title to I-129f Form Rough Draft Completed, have a few questions (merged)
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Related thread merged~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.