AppalachianBiker

Reverse Course ?

53 posts in this topic

On 7/26/2022 at 5:50 PM, pushbrk said:

So, yes, paying for express service is "mandatory" when actually receiving express service.  Getting the passport back same or next day is what you paid extra for.  I got my passport back in a week.  That's regular service.

Makes sense, I am just not trusting of letting my passport out too long, or leaving at a place. It would be my luck they would have a earthquake and it would be lost.  Plus she had to make about and 2 hour trip to Davao to BI, And having to go back later wouldn't be wise in terms of cost.

I have been going to Philippines since 2007, I was very very disappointed with Philippines, they were so strict with facemask, even driving a car or driving a motorbike.  I was still having malls in some cities asking for vaccines cards to enter.

Seems like to me Philippines went back about 15 years with all the entertainment places closed down permantly, and hotels and bars and clubs.  Many places at night outside of Manila are a major bore now.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
11 hours ago, Palawan said:

Makes sense, I am just not trusting of letting my passport out too long, or leaving at a place. It would be my luck they would have a earthquake and it would be lost.  Plus she had to make about and 2 hour trip to Davao to BI, And having to go back later wouldn't be wise in terms of cost.

I have been going to Philippines since 2007, I was very very disappointed with Philippines, they were so strict with facemask, even driving a car or driving a motorbike.  I was still having malls in some cities asking for vaccines cards to enter.

Seems like to me Philippines went back about 15 years with all the entertainment places closed down permantly, and hotels and bars and clubs.  Many places at night outside of Manila are a major bore now.

OK, then you made a prudent decision for you, but still the fees you paid were by choice and because of YOUR priorities, certainly not "mandatory" as you originally asserted.

The rest of your comments are noted, but not relevant to the OP's questions or concerns.  Living in the Philippines is not for everybody.  I personally would not consider living in Davao.  To compare, I've only been asked for a vax card for my international travel in March.  Never anyplace else.  Never wore a mask driving my car alone (motorcycle yes).  Strange story.  Made a quick trip by air to Cebu from Dumaguete last month.  Parked the car at the airport and walked across the parking lot (Maybe 30 meters) to have lunch.  I put my mask in my pocket because I would need it after lunch, at the airport.  Forgot all about the mask in my pocket, checked in for my flight, and sat in the boarding area a few minutes before I realized I didn't have it.  Nobody said a word about it.  Forgot it was in my pocket too, so boarded, flew, walked through the Cebu airport, got in the taxi, and checked into the hotel, with no mask.  Nobody said a word.  I was amazed.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

14 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Living in the Philippines is not for everybody.  I personally would not consider living in Davao.  

I couldn't live in Davao either, super boring place, stupid slow speed limits, and traffic is horrible.

I enjoy Manila area around Makati and BGC area, but rest of Philippines isn't for me, I can vacation there, but I am so happy to return to the USA.

I saw you said you live in Dumaguete?  What do you think about all those Youtube bloggers pimping out females in the area, even thier gf have YT pimping out girls, I heard now of days they call Dumaguete is aka Epstein Island .

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Palawan said:

I couldn't live in Davao either, super boring place, stupid slow speed limits, and traffic is horrible.

I enjoy Manila area around Makati and BGC area, but rest of Philippines isn't for me, I can vacation there, but I am so happy to return to the USA.

I saw you said you live in Dumaguete?  What do you think about all those Youtube bloggers pimping out females in the area, even thier gf have YT pimping out girls, I heard now of days they call Dumaguete is aka Epstein Island .

I haven't got a clue what you are talking about regarding bloggers pimping out their girlfriends.  Don't really want to talk about it either.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Just a note to all, I've  lived in the orient before. I knew what to expect. I would have never sought a wife in the Philippines without doing a lot of research over the past several years. She is a province gal but resides in the city. I understand 95% of the customs. I know my ability to live and stay in the Philippines is contingent upon my finances and being on good behavior. You'll find me/us in church or a nice little restaurant. She is a tough negotiator on price of good at wet markets and such. There are some that would take advantage of me and some that resent my presence. I understand that. 

Edited by AppalachianBiker

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2022 at 3:06 PM, AppalachianBiker said:

Thank you both. Yes I would maintain and address and banking base in the US and pay taxes if due. I have an accountant that will work with me via email. I guess that I'll pay for.SSRV.(?) visa for an American retiree that would allow.me.to.come.and.gomas needed and I have the funds to open the Philippine bank account as required. Just not quite sure how to proceed yet. As stated, we're both in our sixties and very sure this is what we want. My mother just passed a month ago and I wait to get her buried with my father in Arlington National cemetery. After that I have no relatives left and I am accepted by my new Philippine family so I will be free to move to the Davao City area. 

I’m sorry to hear about your mom ❤️

It sounds like this could be a really good plan for you to spend some time with your new family in the Philippines. And then, at least if you do marry and petition for the CR-1, your then wife will be a resident as soon as she enters the US and you don’t have to worry about AOS like you would with K1. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.