AppalachianBiker

Reverse Course ?

53 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
4 hours ago, Palawan said:

Then you will be paying 2500 for a ACR card after your first visa extension, and wasting time going to BI and paying more. I think I just paid 8600 peso for a 2 month extension.

That would be 2500 php once a year and about 3k (without express fee) for each two months.  One can also do 6 months for about 7k.  That's PHP.  Somebody said earlier that 2000p was $60.  It's not.  Currently 2000p is $36.  Lots of misinformation in this thread.

I would never even consider an SRRV (even the $1,500 one for veterans) until you're CERTAIN about both the relationship AND living in the Philippines.  There are low cost agencies locally that can help with that.  No need for a lawyer.  It's not a legal process.  I'm on two month extensions now because I may want to travel out of the country within six months.  I did four six month extensions in a row during COVID.

Best onward ticket solution is buy any one way to anywhere outside the Philippines from Orbitz on your US departure day.  Once you get the confirmation email, you have 24 hours to login and cancel it for a full refund.  I've done this three times with no problems. I do not wait until I'm in the PI to cancel it but I don't cancel it within a couple hours either.

Correction to whomever said two months was the longest extension available. It's not.  Six months is available, after you get your first extension.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

On 7/25/2022 at 3:25 PM, pushbrk said:

That would be 2500 php once a year and about 3k (without express fee) for each two months.  One can also do 6 months for about 7k.  That's PHP.  Somebody said earlier that 2000p was $60.  It's not.  Currently 2000p is $36.  Lots of misinformation in this thread.

I am pretty sure Express Fees are mandatory 

I just did a 3 month extension and valid thru September 14th, 2022 and my first extension for month was 2,030 peso, and my next extension for 2 months was 6,360 peso.  We are looking at 8,000 peso for 3 months. Just a FYI

I would never even consider an SRRV (even the $1,500 one for veterans) until you're CERTAIN about both the relationship AND living in the Philippines.  There are low cost agencies locally that can help with that.  No need for a lawyer.  It's not a legal process.  

Philippines Government actually has an agency that pays a person to do SRRV, The American pays nothing.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Palawan said:

I am pretty sure Express Fees are mandatory 

Things can vary by office, but express fees in Dumaguete are mandatory only for six month extensions and for the first extension after entry.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Palawan said:

I just did a 3 month extension and valid thru September 14th, 2022 and my first extension for month was 2,030 peso, and my next extension for 2 months was 6,360 peso.  We are looking at 8,000 peso for 3 months. Just a FYI

I entered after an out and in in March.  My costs are nothing near that.  We're on the same track. I'm valid until September 19th.  I picked up my passport yesterday along with change from the 3,000p I paid for the extension.  The fees are what they are but I've heard some offices are playing some games with express fees and other issues.

1,500 USD that you may NEVER see again, is a lot of money.  For a non veteran, it's a minimum of 10k USD for an SRRV.  If you think they are so great, get one.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

7 hours ago, Palawan said:

Davao and surrounding cities like Digos City are so boring and really nothing to do or eat for me.  Do you like Davao? I find the traffic to be horrible there, and the dirty streets make it a no go for me

As compared to what ? Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles? 

I'm at least more up to date than some on here. I was in Davao City when Sara Duterte won the Vice Presidential office. I'll read comments on here but I'll go my own way, and Mary my fiancee and live in the Philippines. 

Another prediction from me is that I think Sara will be the President eventually. 

Edited by AppalachianBiker

On 7/25/2022 at 5:05 PM, pushbrk said:

I entered after an out and in in March.  My costs are nothing near that.  We're on the same track. I'm valid until September 19th.  I picked up my passport yesterday along with change from the 3,000p I paid for the extension.  The fees are what they are but I've heard some offices are playing some games with express fees and other issues.

1,500 USD that you may NEVER see again, is a lot of money.  For a non veteran, it's a minimum of 10k USD for an SRRV.  If you think they are so great, get one.

Are you still in Philippinines?

I am back in USA now, I had some stuff going on but got out of there as soon as I could, I was so sick of having to wear a mask everywhere, even outside or alone in a car.

On 7/25/2022 at 6:17 PM, AppalachianBiker said:

I'm at least more up to date than some on here. I was in Davao City when Sara Duterte won the Vice Presidential office. I'll read comments on here but I'll go my own way, and Mary my fiancee and live in the Philippines. 

Another prediction from me is that I think Sara will be the President eventually. 

I am more shocked Marcos was elected.  From what I have seen with 3 different presidents, nothing changes in the Philippines, You still have corruption in government and systemic poverty is widespread in the country.  I just don't see any hope unless Marcos does what his father did and martial laws the country and runs it as a dictator

Timeline
3 hours ago, Palawan said:

Are you still in Philippinines?

I am back in USA now, I had some stuff going on but got out of there as soon as I could, I was so sick of having to wear a mask everywhere, even outside or alone in a car.

I just told  you I picked up my passport yesterday.  Except for one three week trip to the USA and a quickie round trip to Guam, I've live here almost 5 years as a tourist.  Sending somebody else to do it, maybe they thought you were in a hurry.  Maybe  you were.  Maybe somebody cheated you.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

38 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

I just told  you I picked up my passport yesterday.  Except for one three week trip to the USA and a quickie round trip to Guam, I've live here almost 5 years as a tourist.  Sending somebody else to do it, maybe they thought you were in a hurry.  Maybe  you were.  Maybe somebody cheated you.

I have the receipt, my wife sister did it. I was in hospital with broken hip sustained in the Philippines, I was bedridden almost. She was able to do it same day and not have to leave the passport, I looked on receipt I don't see anything about express fee on there, I had to show the extension to immigration at NAIA when I left last week for USA.

Timeline
8 hours ago, Palawan said:

I have the receipt, my wife sister did it. I was in hospital with broken hip sustained in the Philippines, I was bedridden almost. She was able to do it same day and not have to leave the passport, I looked on receipt I don't see anything about express fee on there, I had to show the extension to immigration at NAIA when I left last week for USA.

So, yes, paying for express service is "mandatory" when actually receiving express service.  Getting the passport back same or next day is what you paid extra for.  I got my passport back in a week.  That's regular service.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.