s75h

Contact info needed

45 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Greetings!

Please read the links about overstaying.

reference: Overstaying Visa In The US: Find Out Its Consequences (visapro.com) and this site as well: What to Do if You Overstay Your USA Tourist Visa - MaiTravelSite

Edited by nelmagriffin

7 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Was wondering that too - possibly US only received the manifest for second flight after first was underweight. I don’t remember which poster here works for airlines but maybe they can chime in. 

It's @JFH

On 7/8/2022 at 11:53 AM, SusieQQQ said:

Was wondering that too - possibly US only received the manifest for second flight after first was underweight. I don’t remember which poster here works for airlines but maybe they can chime in. 

Yes, it was two flights. Manilla to Saudi Arabia and then was supposed to be a two hour layover until the next flight to New York. 

The airline (Saudi Airlines) called me today to ket me know her 2 suit cases arrived in New York today.  Si instead of sending them back to Manilla with her they messed that up. When she was stuck for those two days in Saudi they would not give her the luggage with her medicines in them. Keep in mind she left Manilla July 1st and today is July 9th. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
6 minutes ago, s75h said:

Yes, it was two flights. Manilla to Saudi Arabia and then was supposed to be a two hour layover until the next flight to New York. 

The airline (Saudi Airlines) called me today to ket me know her 2 suit cases arrived in New York today.  Si instead of sending them back to Manilla with her they messed that up. When she was stuck for those two days in Saudi they would not give her the luggage with her medicines in them. Keep in mind she left Manilla July 1st and today is July 9th. 

So she booked Saudi all the way?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

53 minutes ago, s75h said:

for future reference, you should never put medication in checked baggage, always keep it in hand baggage. You can never guarantee that checked baggage will arrive with you, even on a direct flight, and the risk always goes up with connecting flights, even outside of a complex situation like this one.

Edited by SusieQQQ

12 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

for future reference, you should never put medication in checked baggage, always keep it in hand baggage. You can never guarantee that checked baggage will arrive with you, even on a direct flight, and the risk always goes up with connecting flights, even outside of a complex situation like this one.

Yep, completely agree. She made a mistake doing that.

12 hours ago, Boiler said:

So she booked Saudi all the way?

Yes, and the return flight is still active. I used points from my credit card for the round trip ticket. Now my credit card company is trying to talk with the airlines about this but no one with the aurlines answers their phone or replies to their emails. One csr said he was on hold 3 hours with no answer and he ended up having to end the call because his shift ended. At that point is when he sent an email. When I contacted my credit card company a couple days ago to let them know about the baggage arriving in New York instead of Manilla And to check on the status of their progress with the airline that is when they said they’ve had no contact back from them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Having a visa is the responsibility of the traveler. 

I thought the system with a through ticket checked you all the way through but not it seems here.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

47 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Having a visa is the responsibility of the traveler. 

I thought the system with a through ticket checked you all the way through but not it seems here.

I think the issue is more to do with when the US receives the full passenger information for the inbound flight. She may have been checked through earlier but my understanding is the US does not get the info in dribs and drabs, but when the airline either submits the manifest, or when it submits the APIS info (which to my understanding is a few hours before the flight). Maybe JFH can clarify. It’s not the first time we’ve seen someone refused boarding on a connecting flight booked on one ticket. 

• 2 months later...

So today we received a response from the homeland securities redress. It is rather confusing and I would like your thoughts as to what it is saying. If I understand it correctly I think it is saying that they have corrected the problem that kept my mither in kaw from coming into the USA and that if she plans another flight here she is to attach the readdress account number. What do you all think?

Thank you for submitting your Traveler Inquiry Form and identity documentation to the Department of Homeland Security Traveler Redress Inquiry Program (DHS TRIP). DHS’ mission is to lead the unified national effort to secure the country, including U.S. border and transportation security. We take requests for redress seriously, and we understand the inconveniences that additional inspections may cause. DHS strives to process travelers in the most efficient and professional manner possible without compromising our mission to safeguard the United States, its people and its visitors.
When DHS TRIP receives a redress inquiry, we conduct a thorough review of the matter. We consult and share information with other agencies, when appropriate, to relieve you from the burden of seeking redress on an agency-by-agency basis and to address the issue that you identified in your application. We have found that about 2% of the DHS TRIP complainants actually have some connection to the Terrorist Watchlist.
Complaints most often arise either because the traveler’s name and personal information is similar to the name and personal information of another person in systems which contain information from Federal, state, local and foreign sources or because the traveler has been delayed in travel for reasons unrelated to such data, such as by random screening.
DHS TRIP has researched and completed our review of your case. DHS TRIP can neither confirm nor deny any information about you which may be within federal watchlists or reveal any law enforcement sensitive information. However, we have made any corrections to records that our inquiries determined were necessary, including, as appropriate, notations that may assist in avoiding incidents of misidentification.
For your general information, here is how redress helps you when traveling:
1. When traveling by air to or within the United States, DHS recommends that you provide your redress control number (located at the top of this letter) when making your reservations. Providing this information will help prevent misidentifications from occurring during security checks against government records and other information. In most online reservation systems, your redress control number may be entered at the same time you enter your full name and date of birth.
2. When entering the United States from abroad, no additional action is required. Where appropriate, as a result of the redress process, DHS employs a procedure to correct the information used to process travelers at the ports of entry that reduces the chance of misidentifications occurring.

Despite these positive efforts, we cannot ensure your travel will be delay-free. The redress process does not affect other standard screening procedures in place at airports and borders. For example, an individual may be selected for additional screening in order to resolve a walk-through metal detector alarm, because of random selection, or other reasons. While this process may sometimes be stressful, we rely on the patience, cooperation, and understanding of travelers in such cases. The aim of these security measures is to safeguard the people of the United States and visitors to this Nation.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
18 minutes ago, s75h said:

So today we received a response from the homeland securities redress. It is rather confusing and I would like your thoughts as to what it is saying. If I understand it correctly I think it is saying that they have corrected the problem that kept my mither in kaw from coming into the USA and that if she plans another flight here she is to attach the readdress account number. What do you all think?

Thank you for submitting your Traveler Inquiry Form and identity documentation to the Department of Homeland Security Traveler Redress Inquiry Program (DHS TRIP). DHS’ mission is to lead the unified national effort to secure the country, including U.S. border and transportation security. We take requests for redress seriously, and we understand the inconveniences that additional inspections may cause. DHS strives to process travelers in the most efficient and professional manner possible without compromising our mission to safeguard the United States, its people and its visitors.
When DHS TRIP receives a redress inquiry, we conduct a thorough review of the matter. We consult and share information with other agencies, when appropriate, to relieve you from the burden of seeking redress on an agency-by-agency basis and to address the issue that you identified in your application. We have found that about 2% of the DHS TRIP complainants actually have some connection to the Terrorist Watchlist.
Complaints most often arise either because the traveler’s name and personal information is similar to the name and personal information of another person in systems which contain information from Federal, state, local and foreign sources or because the traveler has been delayed in travel for reasons unrelated to such data, such as by random screening.
DHS TRIP has researched and completed our review of your case. DHS TRIP can neither confirm nor deny any information about you which may be within federal watchlists or reveal any law enforcement sensitive information. However, we have made any corrections to records that our inquiries determined were necessary, including, as appropriate, notations that may assist in avoiding incidents of misidentification.
For your general information, here is how redress helps you when traveling:
1. When traveling by air to or within the United States, DHS recommends that you provide your redress control number (located at the top of this letter) when making your reservations. Providing this information will help prevent misidentifications from occurring during security checks against government records and other information. In most online reservation systems, your redress control number may be entered at the same time you enter your full name and date of birth.
2. When entering the United States from abroad, no additional action is required. Where appropriate, as a result of the redress process, DHS employs a procedure to correct the information used to process travelers at the ports of entry that reduces the chance of misidentifications occurring.

Despite these positive efforts, we cannot ensure your travel will be delay-free. The redress process does not affect other standard screening procedures in place at airports and borders. For example, an individual may be selected for additional screening in order to resolve a walk-through metal detector alarm, because of random selection, or other reasons. While this process may sometimes be stressful, we rely on the patience, cooperation, and understanding of travelers in such cases. The aim of these security measures is to safeguard the people of the United States and visitors to this Nation.”

Sounds like its as close as you're going to get to an acknowledgement of an issue on their end. 
1. they investigated something

2. they identified something

3. they did something

4. they issued a redress number for future use

5. the same issue wont happen again and she can travel and hopefully be allowed to board and then enter the US 

2 hours ago, s75h said:

The redress process does not affect other standard screening procedures in place at airports and borders.

Nothing in that response says that the B2 visa is still valid.  If your MIL has any I-94 entry/exit record that shows she overstayed, her B2 visa is void, since she never filed I-539.

2 hours ago, Chancy said:

Nothing in that response says that the B2 visa is still valid.  If your MIL has any I-94 entry/exit record that shows she overstayed, her B2 visa is void, since she never filed I-539.

Nothing in the letter states that her visa is void or talking about an overstay ban. The letter seems to indicate that they saw a problem and fixed it. To me it is not a very good letter and I don’t trust it. I sent an email back to them for clarification. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.