Mahrukh29

Approved at Interview but got an email that she is in administrative processing

13 posts in this topic

My mom had an interview at Islamabad embassy on June 13th 2022 her category is IR5 , she was approved by the officer and was given a paper which says congratulations you have met all requirements for visa approval . You will get the passport in two weeks .I waited but nothing after 2 weeks . I tried emailing Islamabad embassy  But then after 3 weeks of interview I got this email which I have attached below . I don't know why did they put her in AP when she was approved . Officer said everything is complete . Whatever documents they asked for my mom showed them plus I already side loaded everything at CEAC portal . Please help me out . If someone goes through the same thing . She was never handed any 221g or refusal letter 

248C8780-F54E-42B2-8277-319F3E643794.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

Unfortunately you are going to have to wait it out.  

It might be days, weeks, months, or years.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Normal for Pakistan to go thru extended AP for additional security checks

Refused does not mean refused and it is a poor term that they now use for the AP 

Visas are never granted till they say "issued" on CEAC site and u have the visa in hand

at this point all the work u needed to do  is done

now, its just patiently wait 

Sometimes they find an issue in the final checks after the interview that they need to do further background on even if they said everything looked good in the interview. Not the first time it’s happened and won’t be the last. You’ll just have to wait unfortunately. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 7/7/2022 at 1:37 AM, Mahrukh29 said:

My mom had an interview at Islamabad embassy on June 13th 2022 her category is IR5 , she was approved by the officer and was given a paper which says congratulations you have met all requirements for visa approval . You will get the passport in two weeks .I waited but nothing after 2 weeks . I tried emailing Islamabad embassy  But then after 3 weeks of interview I got this email which I have attached below . I don't know why did they put her in AP when she was approved . Officer said everything is complete . Whatever documents they asked for my mom showed them plus I already side loaded everything at CEAC portal . Please help me out . If someone goes through the same thing . She was never handed any 221g or refusal letter 

248C8780-F54E-42B2-8277-319F3E643794.jpeg

I hope  your mother get her visa soon. if you dont mind me asking, how long it took from applyinh i130 to getting interview letter? I applied for my mother last week. I want to know rough estimate of time for pakistan. 

2 hours ago, Mill&bill said:

I hope  your mother get her visa soon. if you dont mind me asking, how long it took from applyinh i130 to getting interview letter? I applied for my mother last week. I want to know rough estimate of time for pakistan. 

I applied for her in July 2019 . It's been 3 years now . I am fed up of this immigration journey now . She got her interview email in may 2022 after 3 goddamn years still after approving they put her in AP I don't know what's wrong with isb embassy . 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Unfortunately, there are certain countries that are scrutinized more than others. 

Also, the Trump administration did impose a Green Card ban in 2020.

1 hour ago, jakelake said:

Unfortunately, there are certain countries that are scrutinized more than others. 

Also, the Trump administration did impose a Green Card ban in 2020.

Yes I know and Islamabad is one of those . I have gone through the AP process and it was frustating . Yes for one year it was banned for several categories . Let's hope for the best now . 

They had re-opened my moms Ds-260 at ceac portal which means I need to re-submit few things because the old one I filed it up in 2020 at NVC stage is outdated . Anyways i re-filed it yesterday with all the updated info . 
They also asked for one missing document which is my dad's death certificate which is already there uploaded at NVC stage , so I re-uploaded that too 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 7/10/2022 at 9:11 PM, Mahrukh29 said:

Yes I know and Islamabad is one of those . I have gone through the AP process and it was frustating . Yes for one year it was banned for several categories . Let's hope for the best now . 

for three years😳, thats too long. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.