Maam1819

Evidence of a bonafide marriage

24 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Maam1819 said:

Do I just need 1 of these or is it best to try to get more?

1060D801-83BC-455D-A235-042702BB8484.jpeg

My husband just had his interview today and passed it. The whole process took less than a year. Heaven bestowed upon us the greatest lawyer imaginable. And he got our I-130 approved with minimum evidence. We sent a few pictures, our marriage license, boarding passes/passport stamps, and then the basic biographic info. I also wrote a letter explaining our relationship history, as well as some of the evidence we submitted. This process isn’t as dramatic as some people like to make it seem. There’s A LOT of hope. Don’t despair…just submit the best evidence you have of time spent together. Best of luck to you. 

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jorgedig said:

Pictures are fine, but they usually do not confirm duration of visits.  It sounds like you have spent more time together in person than most going through that consulate.

Passport stamps from your trips together, and from your 2 month stay in Morocco are good evidence.  

I don't know if @Jeanne Adil has seen this thread, but she always mentions the importance of the male Moroccan's mother's approval.  Sounds like you have spent lots of time with family there.

Oh his mother and I are very close. I often hung out with her when he and I needed time apart. We have pictures together. She’s the sweetest thing. I text her but only with gifs and pictures because we don’t share a common language. She also cannot write in her native language due to no education.  I’m also very close with his father and sister. We all text on a daily basis. 

Timeline
28 minutes ago, ilikepotatoes said:

My husband just had his interview today and passed it. The whole process took less than a year. Heaven bestowed upon us the greatest lawyer imaginable. And he got our I-130 approved with minimum evidence. We sent a few pictures, our marriage license, boarding passes/passport stamps, and then the basic biographic info. I also wrote a letter explaining our relationship history, as well as some of the evidence we submitted. This process isn’t as dramatic as some people like to make it seem. There’s A LOT of hope. Don’t despair…just submit the best evidence you have of time spent together. Best of luck to you. 

CONGRATULATIONS THATS AMAZING 🤩!!!! IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS! I can’t wait to be able to post the same thing!🎉💗✈️🥳🤩

Timeline
19 hours ago, Maam1819 said:

He uses the card often

He also just deposited $14k in my bank account will that help or hinder us? @Mike E since that’s funny to you I’m not sure why… we actually do combine our money even living so far apart. This is a very real 8 year relationship so I’m not sure why that would be surprising that we have the same credit card account and he gives me money 

Edited by Maam1819

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
22 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Pictures are fine, but they usually do not confirm duration of visits.  It sounds like you have spent more time together in person than most going through that consulate.

Passport stamps from your trips together, and from your 2 month stay in Morocco are good evidence.  

I don't know if @Jeanne Adil has seen this thread, but she always mentions the importance of the male Moroccan's mother's approval.  Sounds like you have spent lots of time with family there.

she has spent a lot of time with family

trying to help her with the I 130 process but she has the issue with his overstay and South Korea and the ROC 

OP

getting ahead of the process as these things to commingle will come at the NVC Stage and by then ,  u married this year and u can add him to your 2022 tax returns with the W7 form getting the ITIN   

Casa does expect to see that u file as married and u begin to commingle assets

but all this is at least a year off from time of u filing the spouse petition so,  unwind,  relax,   take a deep breathe and go a bit slower in your decisions 

and u know why i say "go slower"  from our talks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
6 hours ago, Maam1819 said:

He also just deposited $14k in my bank account will that help or hinder us?

It could hinder you since large transfers of money between a petitioner and beneficiary who don’t live together raise suspicions of immigration fraud. 

6 hours ago, Maam1819 said:

@Mike E since that’s funny to you I’m not sure why… we actually do combine our money even living so far apart. This is a very real 8 year relationship so I’m not sure why that would be surprising that we have the same credit card account and he gives me money 

I will drop out of this thread now.  

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
9 hours ago, Maam1819 said:

He also just deposited $14k in my bank account will that help or hinder us?

Agreed that this sort of transactions specially by the beneficiary to the petitioner may not go well. It may seem like someone is offering money to marry and immigrate.

I included receipts of money transfers that i sent to my then gf and later wife but they were in couple of 100s every now and then.

Include anything that shows you two together or trying to be together. Travel evidences like boarding passes, itineraries, passport stamps, hotel booking, any gifts to each other, banking accounts showing one as authorized user or beneficiary, photos at various time period with frens, family members, and such.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

unforunately USCIS also uses the I 130 form when a person is here in the US (as in a K1 visa) and they are doing AOS to get their green card 

so,  the forms indicate the things like signed lease,   joint accounts and all that to show the K1 fiancee is now married to USC and they have started to set up a home

but for a nonresident alien spouse most do not (and would not be expected to have ) those joint accounts and /or assets

Timeline
5 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

unforunately USCIS also uses the I 130 form when a person is here in the US (as in a K1 visa) and they are doing AOS to get their green card 

so,  the forms indicate the things like signed lease,   joint accounts and all that to show the K1 fiancee is now married to USC and they have started to set up a home

but for a nonresident alien spouse most do not (and would not be expected to have ) those joint accounts and /or assets

Ahhhh that makes more sense now

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.