BearAndKoala

Room N

25 posts in this topic

Good evening again, everyone.

So this is kind of a panic post. My fiancé is currently at St. Luke's, and they discovered her scars from her depression during her college days (seven years ago) on her wrist. Now she's waiting to be evaluated in "Room N"

That depression came from an abusive brother, an absent (but now returned) father, and the awful memory of a near assault at a college party. She's left that all behind and changed dramatically, and it shows. Should we be worried? Her interview is scheduled on July 16th.

Edited by BearAndKoala

1 hour ago, BearAndKoala said:

Good evening again, everyone.

So this is kind of a panic post. My fiancé is currently at St. Luke's, and they discovered her scars from her depression during her college days (seven years ago) on her wrist. Now she's waiting to be evaluated in "Room N"

That depression came from an abusive brother, an absent (but now returned) father, and the awful memory of a near assault at a college party. She's left that all behind and changed dramatically, and it shows. Should we be worried? Her interview is scheduled on July 16th.

UPDATE: She was given a "Mental Status Examination" appointment on July 12th. She's freaking out, overthinking and very stressed. She left that pain behind and now it feels like they're dragging her back into it. I'm trying to calm her down, is there any advice y'all can give that'll help settle her nerves?

Did she ever get treated for her depression? It would help to bring medical records from previous mental health providers to document whatever treatment she received and to prove she's over that dark period in her life.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
7 hours ago, BearAndKoala said:

She's freaking out, overthinking and very stressed.

And that's what they want to be sure she is in ok condition. 

7 hours ago, BearAndKoala said:

She left that pain behind and now it feels like they're dragging her back into it.

How would they know she left that pain behind without asking her? How would they know she is not in the same state she was at the time? This is her best opportunity to convince them how she has recovered in these many years. It's not like they are questioning to blame her, it's just a protocol to see her current state. If she is in good state, there won't be any issues. 

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Yes I am aware that this is procedure and we're confident she will pass it. Our worry is missing her interview. I was incorrect before, her interview is scheduled for the 14th. Will she get her results on the day of her examination on the 12th? She's travelling with family and needing to get a new interview will be a huge strain on us.

2 hours ago, BearAndKoala said:

Yes I am aware that this is procedure and we're confident she will pass it. Our worry is missing her interview. I was incorrect before, her interview is scheduled for the 14th. Will she get her results on the day of her examination on the 12th? She's travelling with family and needing to get a new interview will be a huge strain on us.

She will not get the results until she finished the evaluation. It is VERY important for her to not stress and remain calm. Being stressed, worried, agitated will hurt her not help her.

2 minutes ago, RO_AH said:

She will not get the results until she finished the evaluation. It is VERY important for her to not stress and remain calm. Being stressed, worried, agitated will hurt her not help her.

I am reminding her of that, thank you.

I've read the evaluation takes a few hours. If she finishes the evaluation on the 12th, will she then receive her full medical exam results that day and not have to reschedule her interview?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

She will appear for the interview regardless of medical results. No need to reschedule the interview. Not sure if the medical gets sent directly to the embassy or gets handed to her. Usually the embassy will ask to mail or drop the medical at a given address they will make a final decision on the visa after that. Generally another interview isn't required.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
26 minutes ago, arken said:

She will appear for the interview regardless of medical results. No need to reschedule the interview. Not sure if the medical gets sent directly to the embassy or gets handed to her. Usually the embassy will ask to mail or drop the medical at a given address they will make a final decision on the visa after that. Generally another interview isn't required.

That's not the way Manila works. They will not interview without completed medical. 

1 hour ago, BearAndKoala said:

I am reminding her of that, thank you.

I've read the evaluation takes a few hours. If she finishes the evaluation on the 12th, will she then receive her full medical exam results that day and not have to reschedule her interview?

Her results are sent to the Embassy.

18 hours ago, BearAndKoala said:

Has she completed her vaccination at SLEC yet?  Was she given a copy of her vaccination worksheet?  If not, she will need to return to SLEC.  If she is not able to complete her final visit to SLEC before her current interview date, she will not be allowed to proceed with the visa interview and will have to re-schedule.

13 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Has she completed her vaccination at SLEC yet?  Was she given a copy of her vaccination worksheet?  If not, she will need to return to SLEC.  If she is not able to complete her final visit to SLEC before her current interview date, she will not be allowed to proceed with the visa interview and will have to re-schedule.

She has not, but she will be returning to SLEC on the 12th for her mental state examination. Can she receive it then?

5 minutes ago, BearAndKoala said:

She has not, but she will be returning to SLEC on the 12th for her mental state examination. Can she receive it then?

It will depend on the result of her examination.  The SLEC staff will notify her if she needs to re-schedule her interview or not.  If the staff directs her to the immunization room after her mental health evaluation, she will likely get her worksheet on the same day and will not need to re-schedule her interview.  She will be allowed to proceed with the interview as long as she gets her medical results anytime before her interview date.  Even 1 day before is ok.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.