mapi

Question about meeting financial requirements. (split)

9 posts in this topic

On 6/27/2022 at 12:49 AM, Crazy Cat said:

If the income will not continue when you relocate to the US, then you can not include it as current annual income.  If your income will continue after relocating to the US, it can be used.   Your ability to support a new immigrant is based on your income over the next 12 months after re-establishing domicile.   

I'm sure @pushbrk can explain it clearly.

Thanks. That's a useful piece of information! Can you provide a source for that?

I am in a more difficult situation. My wife (petitioner) and I (beneficiary) are going to file coming week.

For now, we're both in the Netherlands, but she might move within her American company into a post-PhD program that will start next year (around or just before we will enter the US). Which will put our US income (only on her name) on 120k+, meaning that it will provide above poverty line for both of us, for the coming 12 months.

Would that be sufficient to count in and how can we proof such a thing?

*** This post was split from another thread. Please do not ask questions about your case in other member's threads. 

VJ Moderation 

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

she works for an American company .  there is no  issue as this is US income 

that company would be taking out the necessary federal taxes,   medicare and SS 

and the USC would be filing US tax returns 

16 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

she works for an American company .  there is no  issue as this is US income 

that company would be taking out the necessary federal taxes,   medicare and SS 

and the USC would be filing US tax returns 

Well, she works for an American company, but the office she works for is in the Netherlands.

Dutch employment contract for now etc.

The US contract will start then when we move (probably). 

Maybe it's just more safe to use my mother in law as a joint sponsor.

Just now, mapi said:

Well, she works for an American company, but the office she works for is in the Netherlands.

Dutch employment contract for now etc.

The US contract will start then when we move (probably). 

Maybe it's just more safe to use my mother in law as a joint sponsor.

She can upload evidence showing the job will continue after the move. 

This is allowed. 

1 minute ago, ROK2USA said:

She can upload evidence showing the job will continue after the move. 

This is allowed. 

Thank you ROK2USA. That's helpful!

When it comes to that point in a few months, I'll post here how things went.

3 minutes ago, mapi said:

Thank you ROK2USA. That's helpful!

When it comes to that point in a few months, I'll post here how things went.

Not sure of when your wife will move back it usually takes 1.5 -2 years for the entire process. You might get lucky and have your I-130 approved in under a year but most people have their petition approved between 8-13 months. Then another 3 months at NVC and maybe a month to interview. So, you and the wife should prepare for the possibility of a brief separation. 

1 minute ago, ROK2USA said:

Not sure of when your wife will move back it usually takes 1.5 -2 years for the entire process. You might get lucky and have your I-130 approved in under a year but most people have their petition approved between 8-13 months. Then another 3 months at NVC and maybe a month to interview. So, you and the wife should prepare for the possibility of a brief separation. 

Yeah. The processes times seem to be long nowadays. We are not in a hurry, but she might need to move a bit earlier indeed. We discussed it and prepared for a separation of ~2 months, but I can fly there and work remote with my job. Depending on when the interview etc is

10 minutes ago, mapi said:

Yeah. The processes times seem to be long nowadays. We are not in a hurry, but she might need to move a bit earlier indeed. We discussed it and prepared for a separation of ~2 months, but I can fly there and work remote with my job. Depending on when the interview etc is

FYI: You aren't allowed to work in the US without authorization. Even remotely for a non-US based company. 

So, visits on ESTA are fine but visiting and working is not okay. 

Good luck! And get that application in soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.