Y3ambouzinek

USCIS service center

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hello everyone. I was wondering if someone of you might have the information that i need regarding the service center. Do I pick the service center or is it picked for me once I send my package. I live in Chicago. I am making my table of contents page and I was told I must put the address where my file will go. Does anyone have some information regarding this topic.? Thank you so much for your time answering my question. 

9 minutes ago, Yambouzinek said:

Hello everyone. I was wondering if someone of you might have the information that i need regarding the service center. Do I pick the service center or is it picked for me once I send my package. I live in Chicago. I am making my table of contents page and I was told I must put the address where my file will go. Does anyone have some information regarding this topic.? Thank you so much for your time answering my question. 

Service center allocation is random.

You won't know which service center the petition is at until you receive NOA2.

We were assigned to Nebraska with NOA1 (quite a few people are assigned there if they file online). 

But somewhere along the way they moved our petition to Vermont.

You have no control over the situation.

My advice is to file and assume you'll receive NOA2 after a year. 

If the petition is approved sooner consider yourself lucky. 

4 minutes ago, Yambouzinek said:

One year... Oh my god. Correct me if i am wrong but I was under the impression that it would be around 6 months.. Thank you.

Usually less than a year... but for your sanity prepare for a year at USCIS before it moves to NVC

Check historical processing times as reported by VJ members here:

CSC= 302 days

VSC= 337 days

TSC= 313 days

NSC= 330 days

NBC= 162 days

and you can follow timelines here:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?op6=All&op66=All&op7=All&op1=i&op2=&dfile=No&op3=5&op4=1&op5=5%2C6%2C8%2C10%2C11%2C13%2C14%2C15%2C16%2C17%2C18%2C20%2C21%2C22%2C25%2C26%2C27%2C28%2C108%2C110%2C111%2C208%2C210%2C211&cfl=0

Timeline

I am sorry to bother you. Is there a way you can send me a link of where are the service centers addresses so i can include it in to my table of content page as well as knowing the service center where i should send my file once is ready please? thank you.

3 minutes ago, Yambouzinek said:

I am sorry to bother you. Is there a way you can send me a link of where are the service centers addresses so i can include it in to my table of content page as well as knowing the service center where i should send my file once is ready please? thank you.

If you are filing an I-130/I-130A for consular processing I suggest you file online:

https://www.uscis.gov/i-130

Here is the list of lockboxes if you want to send the petition by mail. 

https://www.uscis.gov/i-130-addresses

Edited by ROK2USA

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ROK2USA said:

If you are filing an I-130/I-130A for consular processing I suggest you file online:

https://www.uscis.gov/i-130

Here is the list of lockboxes if you want to send the petition by mail. 

https://www.uscis.gov/i-130-addresses

Thank you very much . I appreciate your help. 

Timeline

I am sending a whole package named the CR1 visa. It will be like a thick file folder. I can use any of the address you send me in the link to send the package right. Regardless of being a P.O Box.? Pardon me if i ask so many questions. I am new in trying to send a spousal visa package.

2 minutes ago, Yambouzinek said:

I am sending a whole package named the CR1 visa. It will be like a thick file folder. I can use any of the address you send me in the link to send the package right. Regardless of being a P.O Box.? Pardon me if i ask so many questions. I am new in trying to send a spousal visa package.

3 minutes ago, Yambouzinek said:

You should send it here:

USCIS Elgin Lockbox

U.S. Postal Service (USPS): 

USCIS
Attn: I-130
P.O. Box 4053
Carol Stream, IL  60197-4053

FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries: 

USCIS 
Attn: I-130 (Box 4053)
2500 Westfield Drive 
Elgin, IL 60124-7836

Because you live in Illinois.

Timeline
2 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

Leave 61 a and 61 b blank as these are for people who are filing in the us to adjust status 

Thank you so much for the tip Jeanne Adil. Is it ok if I text you if i have other questions. since i see you are a little more advanced on your file procedure package. I am barely starting. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
7 hours ago, Yambouzinek said:

Thank you so much for the tip Jeanne Adil. Is it ok if I text you if i have other questions. since i see you are a little more advanced on your file procedure package. I am barely starting. 

Get familiar with the steps for the spouse visa

here on VJ under guides or USCIS 

our casa embassy has step by step instructions also / not sure if Tunisia does step by step 

Timeline
4 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

Get familiar with the steps for the spouse visa

here on VJ under guides or USCIS 

our casa embassy has step by step instructions also / not sure if Tunisia does step by step 

humm i dont think Tunisia has step by step instructions but i will try to get familiar with the steps. thank you so much for the kind help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.