Annie280

How long after did you receive interview date after NVC approved docs? (merged)

29 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello! We submitted our paperwork to NVC on 4/18 and we just received approval from NVC yesterday - YAY!!! I am wondering when we will hear about interview date in Casablanca, Morocco? Does it take a few weeks for us to find out the date of interview? Will NVC notify us by email? If anyone knows how far out they are scheduling too, that will also be helpful. TIA! :)

Edited by Annie280

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

checking the portal for Casa and 2 of the approved visas for spouse 

1.  dq'd 3/9/22  interviewed 5/4/22

2.  dq'd 1/5/22 inteviewed 3/15/22

so, get those originals of I 864 and tax transcripts and proof of US residency sent to Morocco /moroccan will need these for interview

Timeline
1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

checking the portal for Casa and 2 of the approved visas for spouse 

1.  dq'd 3/9/22  interviewed 5/4/22

2.  dq'd 1/5/22 inteviewed 3/15/22

so, get those originals of I 864 and tax transcripts and proof of US residency sent to Morocco /moroccan will need these for interview

Thank you so much! I was thinking of traveling there soon but I know he’ll need the originals in his hands soon. Appreciate you!

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Annie280 said:

Thank you so much! I was thinking of traveling there soon but I know he’ll need the originals in his hands soon. Appreciate you!

air fares are expensive now 

but its nice to be there for moral support 

Best to u both 

Timeline
14 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

air fares are expensive now 

but its nice to be there for moral support 

Best to u both 

Thank you! ❤️ they are very expensive. I am really hoping to be there for the interview, not booking anything yet and hopefully prices will go down. Can I ask what to bring for evidence? should it be all original airline tickets etc? Do you think it's ok to print evidence that was submitted to USCIS and then provide originals that were submitted to NVC? Sorry for all of the questions, just trying to gather everything now! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Annie280 said:

Thank you! ❤️ they are very expensive. I am really hoping to be there for the interview, not booking anything yet and hopefully prices will go down. Can I ask what to bring for evidence? should it be all original airline tickets etc? Do you think it's ok to print evidence that was submitted to USCIS and then provide originals that were submitted to NVC? Sorry for all of the questions, just trying to gather everything now! 

Once the consulate has the petition in hand, the beneficiary will receive the consulate specific information email .. … general rule is copies of everything plus originals of what was uploaded to NVC .. but follow the consulate specific directions ! 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Annie280 said:

originals of everything sent to NVC

you can take additional photos and evidence of visits made since the petition was sent,  but CO will not look at it

they do note the Bene has more to show but they don't want to see things

list of documents needed is on following site

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/CSB-Casablanca.html

Timeline
30 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

originals of everything sent to NVC

you can take additional photos and evidence of visits made since the petition was sent,  but CO will not look at it

they do note the Bene has more to show but they don't want to see things

list of documents needed is on following site

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/CSB-Casablanca.html

Thank you!!! This is super helpful!!

• 3 weeks later...

*** Removed related thread.  Please post your related questions/updates in this thread to keep the discussion in one place. ***

25 minutes ago, Annie280 said:

Is anyone else waiting on an interview? I keep checking the status on CAEC. From what I can see on people's timelines it will say when it has "left" NVC, is that correct? I am really trying to calm my nerves here lol. I haven't sent my husband his binder yet, I am stalling a little in hopes I can hand deliver. I am seeing and heard from a few of you that it takes about 3 weeks after DQ. Please let me know if I am missing anything! Ty guys!! :)

Timeline

Is anyone else waiting on an interview? I keep checking the status on CAEC. From what I can see on people's timelines it will say when it has "left" NVC, is that correct? I am really trying to calm my nerves here lol. I haven't sent my husband his binder yet, I am stalling a little in hopes I can hand deliver. I am seeing and heard from a few of you that it takes about 3 weeks after DQ. We were approved 6/28.  Please let me know if I am missing anything! Ty guys!! :)

Timeline

Check the timeline on Morocco portal (hit the word portal above to take you there)

see R&A and look at their timeline / that's the closest we can come to an answer 

Timeline

BTW  when it leaves NVC,  your notice will tell you when the interview is

NVC and embassy schedule this together and NVC sends the USC the notice by email if u supplied a good ID 

Timeline

It took us about 5 weeks to get the interview.

They usually schedule interviews around the 15th of the month.

So, At this point, expect your interview letter around the week of 15th August.

Good luck

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Timeline
On 7/23/2022 at 10:25 AM, JeanneAdil said:

Check the timeline on Morocco portal (hit the word portal above to take you there)

see R&A and look at their timeline / that's the closest we can come to an answer 

I did, it's kind of hard to figure out to be honest. I do see that some take months for an interview, un;es I am looking at this wrong lol. Thank you for your response! :)

22 hours ago, etrangais said:

It took us about 5 weeks to get the interview.

They usually schedule interviews around the 15th of the month.

So, At this point, expect your interview letter around the week of 15th August.

Good luck

Oh wow, how do you know that? Thank you so much!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.