mitzab

IR5 and visit visa for parents

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

any help and comments from our esteemed and knowledgable members will be highly appreciated.

my cousin's parents have visited US multiple times from Pakistan on visit visas between 2013 and 2018.

They applied for another visit visa in 2019, and they recieved a 221g for submission of further information, they responded back immediately and the status moved to administrative processing and stayed like that for almost a year(the embassy kept the passport after the interview) after almost a year or more the parents requested the passport back for other travel and assumed that the visa application is dead. 

In the Feb of 2022 they applied for another visit visa and recieved the same exact 221g and the parents responded back to it right away and since then nothing, this time they did not keep the passports. 

Now cousin just recently became a US citizen and filed i130 for the parents IR5 in April.

1) Now, is there a way to ask the embassy about the status? and get more information?

2) Should the parents terminate the visit visa application? is it even possible?

3) Will this 221g be an issue for the immigrant visa? (It is a very simple 221g which had been responded back to with all the information they requested, i have copy pasted it below)

4) Any other advice or comment will be great here to help them out.

Much thanks 

This was the 221g that was recieved both times and was responded to both times.

Dear Visa Applicant: Thank you for interviewing at U.S. Embassy, Islamabad. Your visa application has been refused under Section 221(g) of the Immigrant and Nationality Act pending the submission of the requested information below. 

a.       Your travel history outside your country of residence over the last 15 years, including locations visited, date visited, source of funds, and length of stay; 

1.       [Type response here] 

2.       [Continue…] 

b.       All prior passport numbers and country of passport issuance; 

2.       [Continue…] 

c.       The names and dates of birth of any siblings (full, half, step, adopted), living or deceased; 

2.       [Continue…] 

d.       The names and dates of birth of any children (minor and adult), living or deceased; 

1.       Type response here] 

2.       [Continue…] 

e.       The names and dates of birth of any former spouses or civil/domestic partners, living or deceased; 

2.       [Continue…] 

f.        All of your addresses where you have lived during the last 15 years, including dates of residence; 

2.       [Continue…] 

g.       All phone numbers you have used in the last five years, including primary, secondary, work, home, and mobile numbers; 

2.       [Continue…] 

h.       All email addresses you have used in the last five years, including primary, secondary, work, personal, and educational addresses; 

2.       [Continue…] 

i.        All social media platforms and unique user names/handles for any websites or applications, including social media, you have used to create or share content (photos, videos, status updates, etc.) as part of a public profile within the last five years; 

2.       [Continue…] 

j.        Your prior occupation(s) and employers for the last 15 years. Include employer name, dates of employment, employer address, telephone number, your job title, and a job brief description; 

2.       [Continue…] 

• Jan 26, 2021 = NOA 1 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Sep 8, 2021 = NOA 2 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Nov 16, 2021 =  K1 visa issued in Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Jan 20, 2022 = POE Dallas, Texas
  • Feb 14, 2022 = AOS (I-451, I-131, I765) Filed
  • Feb 20, 2022 = Receipt notice for all three received
  • March 21, 2022 = Biometrics in Dallas, Texas
  • August 9, 2022 = EAD (I-751 approved)
  • August 13, 2022 = EAD and SSN received (SSN applied with EAD)
  • September 6, 2022 = AP (I-131 approved)
  • September 13, 2022 = AP (I-131 receieved) 
  • March 15, 2023 = I-485 approved (interview waived, New SSN received without DHS wording)
  • March 31, 2023 = GC in hand (Total time from NOA-1 to GC in hand 794 days)

17 minutes ago, mitzab said:

any help and comments from our esteemed and knowledgable members will be highly appreciated.

my cousin's parents have visited US multiple times from Pakistan on visit visas between 2013 and 2018.

They applied for another visit visa in 2019, and they recieved a 221g for submission of further information, they responded back immediately and the status moved to administrative processing and stayed like that for almost a year(the embassy kept the passport after the interview) after almost a year or more the parents requested the passport back for other travel and assumed that the visa application is dead. 

In the Feb of 2022 they applied for another visit visa and recieved the same exact 221g and the parents responded back to it right away and since then nothing, this time they did not keep the passports. 

Now cousin just recently became a US citizen and filed i130 for the parents IR5 in April.

1) Now, is there a way to ask the embassy about the status? and get more information?

2) Should the parents terminate the visit visa application? is it even possible?

3) Will this 221g be an issue for the immigrant visa? (It is a very simple 221g which had been responded back to with all the information they requested, i have copy pasted it below)

4) Any other advice or comment will be great here to help them out.

Much thanks 

This was the 221g that was recieved both times and was responded to both times.

Dear Visa Applicant: Thank you for interviewing at U.S. Embassy, Islamabad. Your visa application has been refused under Section 221(g) of the Immigrant and Nationality Act pending the submission of the requested information below. 

a.       Your travel history outside your country of residence over the last 15 years, including locations visited, date visited, source of funds, and length of stay; 

2.       [Continue…] 

b.       All prior passport numbers and country of passport issuance; 

2.       [Continue…] 

c.       The names and dates of birth of any siblings (full, half, step, adopted), living or deceased; 

2.       [Continue…] 

d.       The names and dates of birth of any children (minor and adult), living or deceased; 

2.       [Continue…] 

e.       The names and dates of birth of any former spouses or civil/domestic partners, living or deceased; 

2.       [Continue…] 

f.        All of your addresses where you have lived during the last 15 years, including dates of residence; 

2.       [Continue…] 

g.       All phone numbers you have used in the last five years, including primary, secondary, work, home, and mobile numbers; 

2.       [Continue…] 

h.       All email addresses you have used in the last five years, including primary, secondary, work, personal, and educational addresses; 

2.       [Continue…] 

i.        All social media platforms and unique user names/handles for any websites or applications, including social media, you have used to create or share content (photos, videos, status updates, etc.) as part of a public profile within the last five years; 

2.       [Continue…] 

j.        Your prior occupation(s) and employers for the last 15 years. Include employer name, dates of employment, employer address, telephone number, your job title, and a job brief description; 

2.       [Continue…] 

I wouldn’t call that a ‘simple 221g.’   In fact, it is a DS-5535, often given to Pakistani applicants for further vetting.

I would not expect them to get a non-immigrant visa, now that they want to immigrate.

Whatever issues that led to the DS-5535 being given to them will likely persist through the immigrant visa process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

This is the ds 5535 for additional security checks

they will not receive a tourist visa now as the petition for immigration is in computers/   they can withdraw the application for tourist visas

and as Jorgedig says,  they will have to fill out the same questions for the CO at the IR5 interview so they should research any travel dates and all other questions to be prepared to answer them

formally they can be given (or sent to them) the actual ds 5535 questionarie but many of these questions are now included in the ds 260

the following is the complete ds 5535 

https://www.nafsa.org/_/File/_/amresource/DS5535.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.