annab864

Any experiences with TSA PreCheck enrollment with expired Green card and extension letter?

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 minutes ago, SS_SS said:

My understanding is that nexus members can only use GE machines that exist in Canadian airports which have a pre-clearance system with the US. So if you're flying from let's say Paris to JFK, you wouldn't be able to use Nexus at JFK global entry. But if you were flying from a Canadian pre clearance airport to the US , you can use nexus in the GE kiosks in those airports. 

You can use Nexus at any Global Entry machine. If you are near an interview center for Nexus it still has a slight advantage over Global overall aside from not being able to get the fee reimbursed on a CC. 

Nexus carries all the same benefits as Global Entry in addition to having access to quick lanes at land crossings into Canada that Global does not. 

3 hours ago, TastyCake said:

The same government that gives us the USCIS also gives us the TSA.  Medicare for All proponents should think about this for a moment.

Scary truth right here. Hopefully it gets resolved soon, i’m so tired of waiting for everything government related! 

Interesting! When I did my own Precheck as the USC, I was told my husband who has an extension letter and expired green card can't apply for it at all. I had no idea others had different experiences.

2 hours ago, Sarah&Facundo said:

Interesting! When I did my own Precheck as the USC, I was told my husband who has an extension letter and expired green card can't apply for it at all. I had no idea others had different experiences.

You probably found someone who had no idea how to handle extension letter, which is unfortunately quite common with the ROC process.  Asking a supervisor to intervene might have helped 

Edited by Moe428

• 1 year later...
On 6/21/2022 at 1:45 PM, Moe428 said:

I applied for TSA precheck with expired 2 year GC + extension letter 2 months ago. Initially the employees who take fingerprints etc were confused and thought it wouldn't work, then they made some calls and were told to move the expiration date 2 years forward.

I still haven't received the number yet 60 days later, although that's unrelated to having an expired GC + extension letter.  I called them and they said they are just backed up.

Hi there, when you applied for global entry with your expired GC and extension letter, did you just put the expiry date of the extension letter (your expiry date + however long the letter extends it for) on the Global entry app? Thinking of trying this as well. My situation is ROC (I-751). Thank you. 

1 hour ago, L and J C said:

Hi there, when you applied for global entry with your expired GC and extension letter, did you just put the expiry date of the extension letter (your expiry date + however long the letter extends it for) on the Global entry app? Thinking of trying this as well. My situation is ROC (I-751). Thank you. 

I didn't go for global entry - I was going for TSA PreCheck.  But the TSA PreCheck employee did exactly what you mentioned and it worked.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.