one...two...tree

Survey: 1 in 12 U.S. workers admit using illicit drugs

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Life is full of decisions and choices. You can play the game and make a good living...or you can smoke dope and choose a career at a menial job where they seek weak minds and a strong back at low wages.

Hmm, what about the

lawyers, local politicians, THE DOCTOR WHO 2 YEARS LATER PREFORMED A QUADUPLE BI-PASS SURGERY ON MY GRANDMOTHER :blink: , judges, business owners... you name it.

This doesn't surprise me at all.

When I first started working in the offshore oilfields of the Gulf of Mexico in the early 1980's dope smoking was a huge problem at that time. The oil companies would fly narcotics sniffing dogs out to the production platforms occassionally to root out narcotics use at the facility. They found weed out there often, but it was always stashed in public areas and couldn't be pinned on anyone. None of the dope smokers on my shift ever got busted this way.

The major oil companies got more sophisticated as time went on and eventually started screening people before they got onboard the helicopters or boats through full time narcotics sniffing dogs on location and random bag searches by private security guards. Only the big buck major oil companies have the cash to do this level of screening.

The smaller companies have been relying mostly on the whiz quiz (urine analysis) to nail dope smokers. The smaller companies started doing that back in the middle 1980's and it pretty much has weeded out the dope smokers. We all get periodically tested randomly by lottery. To work in the Federal offshore oil leases it is required by law to submit to drug testing.

Drug testing works. It is the standard in many dangerous and hazardous industries to keep the workplace drug free and safe.

What about people who smoke marijuana at home but not on the job?

All of these companies that do random drug screens also have a substance abuse policy where an employee can come forward voluntarily for treatment without fear of job loss. If they get busted during a random whiz quiz or if they refuse to submit to testing they are terminated. They have to seek treatment before they get busted...not repent afterward.

So what about people that smoke weed only at home? They know the policy. We are required to read and sign acknowleging that we understand the policy. There are 3 choices: quit doing dope, quit your job, or take your chances.

Life is full of decisions and choices. You can play the game and make a good living...or you can smoke dope and choose a career at a menial job where they seek weak minds and a strong back at low wages.

true..allot of companies will refer to eap if the ee come forth for help

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

Hmm, what about the

lawyers, local politicians, THE DOCTOR WHO 2 YEARS LATER PREFORMED A QUADUPLE BI-PASS SURGERY ON MY GRANDMOTHER :blink: , judges, business owners... you name it.

Gimme a break. I seriously doubt the type of people working offshore, for the railroads, or a multitude of skilled trades will become doctors or lawyers after getting fired. They would most likely move down rather than up in life. I have know a number of professional stoners that take jobs well below their capabilities just so they can pursue the stoner lifestyle. So be it! It's their life.

You can bet the bank that the AMA and the Bar Association will never make their members do drug screening. They are more of a fraternal type of organizations that are all about protecting their own. Ditto for politicians. It takes a lot to get kicked out of their tight little circles.

I can assure you that drug screening by the corporations are all about protecting their own interests rather than concern for employees. I figured that out long ago.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hmm, what about the

Gimme a break. I seriously doubt the type of people working offshore, for the railroads, or a multitude of skilled trades will become doctors or lawyers after getting fired. They would most likely move down rather than up in life. I have know a number of professional stoners that take jobs well below their capabilities just so they can pursue the stoner lifestyle. So be it! It's their life.

You can bet the bank that the AMA and the Bar Association will never make their members do drug screening. They are more of a fraternal type of organizations that are all about protecting their own. Ditto for politicians. It takes a lot to get kicked out of their tight little circles.

I can assure you that drug screening by the corporations are all about protecting their own interests rather than concern for employees. I figured that out long ago.

Nevermind, I misunderstood your point. I didn't realize that you were only talking about people who work for employers who do random drug screenings.