deemabrouk

First day Home Alone!!!!

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Moh will wash dishes and vacuum (he just called to report that he finished vacuuming). He loves the upright vacuum (his family has an old style vacuum). That and the garbage disposal. He thinks that's the coolest! He also helps me cook occasionally. Basically he's my sou chef. One time he cooked on his own but made me sit in the kitchen with him to supervise.

:lol:

Dag you're a brave woman! I don't trust letting anyone (including my husband ) do my laundry.

I asked mine about it and he said "don't count on me for that please".

Actually he also said that about making the beds, doing the dishes, cooking....lol

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

well I cant really say anything... cause In egypt i DID dye one of his underwears Pink... I swear he will never let me forget it! :whistle:

06.14.2006 - Got Married in Alexandria, Egypt :) :) :)

05.23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!! inshallah.......

*** Interview is a SUCCESS !!!! *** now for a speedy AP!! inshallah...

06.18.2007 - Starting to Freak Out over this AP #######

06.27.2007 - Visa In Hand.. Alhamdulillah!

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

07.24.2007 - Mailed in AOS & EAD together to Chicago

It doesn't matter what you say

I just can't stay here every yesterday

Like keep on acting out the same

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

And make-believe we never needed

Any more than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
:lol: i remember when nessa saw the clothes dryer, she thought that was pretty neat :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Awchhh, well it's not good to stay alone by urself

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Ya know, it really makes you take a step back, and think about the creature comforts we have in the western world that make our chores easier, and how we take them for granted. It must be daunting for someone to come into our part of the World, and see all these things, and go ####### do I do with this, or how do I use this, or what is it for!!

And the people are genuinely amazed and overwhelmed by it.

Heaven help my kids if they ever had to go back to manual labour washing the dishes, they have grown up in the dishwasher age!!

Deemabrouk, your story was genuinely enlightening, and heartwarming....

Jodee

Edited by jodee

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
well I cant really say anything... cause In egypt i DID dye one of his underwears Pink... I swear he will never let me forget it! :whistle:

Ok good, I'm not the only one! (except it was only pink in one "prominent" area)... :whistle:

timeline doesn't matter.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

thanks everyone for sharing these stories...so funny and cute..sitting at the neighbor's tree so cute.....

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Filed: Timeline

I love these stories. I dont really have one of thoes, and probably wont when my hubby comes as our countries are almost the same when it comes to living conditions. How ever I do remember the first time I stayed with him in the UK I was so confused becase I was trying to do some laundry and I could not for the life of me figure out where the dryer was. I remember him clearly telling me that he had a washer and dryer at home. So the first day that I put the laundry in the washer I looked and looked the dryer and nothing was found. I even opened the mini fridge a few times thinking it was the dryer in disguise. LOL Finally when I could not see it gave up and asked my hubby where the famouse dryer was. He looked at me cracked up and told me that the wahser and dryer where all in one. It washes your laundry and then you set it to dry it out. That was just so weird for me. I never heard of something like that and and boy did I feel lika ding dong. I was just brought up with a big washer and dryer at home, not some small all inclusive washer -dryer combo machine . I figured they do that because the UK is so friggin cram packed that they try and save every inch of space. Its bad enough living conditions are so tight in London, I guess they cant spare space for extra appliances.

Thats one of the things that I love about the US the BIG SPACE. My hubby is just amazed at how cheap everthing is here compared to the UK. He just laughs and cant believe that I pay 99 cent for a double cheese burger at the Mc Donald's, the dollar menu is apparently unheard of over there. oh yeah also.... when we went to Mc D's in London they asked me if I wanted "CURRY" sauce? I was like ####### ?? Why would I want curry sauce, at first I thought I was hearing things or they were being rude to me because my husband looks south asian so I said excuse me??? Then they asked me again if I wanted curry sauce and I said UMMM NO I don't think so, why on earth would I want curry sauce for my Mc D's meal? Ketchup or a jalapeño would do just fine thank you. LOL Then they were looking at me weird jajaja. I got my ketchup but not my Jalapeño =0( Till this day I just think its funny that in the UK Mc Donals offers curry sauce as a condiment.....just werid, then again they catering to the population there which has lots of Indian and Pakistani immigrants. Heck I remeber the first time I got off the plane in London and I honestly was getting worried thinking that I had gotten off in the wrong counrtry. So strange, my idea of what London demographics was like was so different from reality.

Edited by The_dip_sticks

I figured they do that because the UK is so friggin cram packed that they try and save every inch of space. Its bad enough living conditions are so tight in London, I guess they cant spare space for extra appliances.

Heheehee, yup, when you live in London and your flat's so tiny that the fridge just about has to double as a nightstand, then combined washer-driers seem like a genius invention. Cheaper than buying two separate appliances, too! ;)

I like this thread - nice stories! :)

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I love these stories. I dont really have one of thoes, and probably wont when my hubby comes as our countries are almost the same when it comes to living conditions. How ever I do remember the first time I stayed with him in the UK I was so confused becase I was trying to do some laundry and I could not for the life of me figure out where the dryer was. I remember him clearly telling me that he had a washer and dryer at home. So the first day that I put the laundry in the washer I looked and looked the dryer and nothing was found. I even opened the mini fridge a few times thinking it was the dryer in disguise. LOL Finally when I could not see it gave up and asked my hubby where the famouse dryer was. He looked at me cracked up and told me that the wahser and dryer where all in one. It washes your laundry and then you set it to dry it out. That was just so weird for me. I never heard of something like that and and boy did I feel lika ding dong. I was just brought up with a big washer and dryer at home, not some small all inclusive washer -dryer combo machine . I figured they do that because the UK is so friggin cram packed that they try and save every inch of space. Its bad enough living conditions are so tight in London, I guess they cant spare space for extra appliances.

Thats one of the things that I love about the US the BIG SPACE. My hubby is just amazed at how cheap everthing is here compared to the UK. He just laughs and cant believe that I pay 99 cent for a double cheese burger at the Mc Donald's, the dollar menu is apparently unheard of over there. oh yeah also.... when we went to Mc D's in London they asked me if I wanted "CURRY" sauce? I was like ####### ?? Why would I want curry sauce, at first I thought I was hearing things or they were being rude to me because my husband looks south asian so I said excuse me??? Then they asked me again if I wanted curry sauce and I said UMMM NO I don't think so, why on earth would I want curry sauce for my Mc D's meal? Ketchup or a jalapeño would do just fine thank you. LOL Then they were looking at me weird jajaja. I got my ketchup but not my Jalapeño =0( Till this day I just think its funny that in the UK Mc Donals offers curry sauce as a condiment.....just werid, then again they catering to the population there which has lots of Indian and Pakistani immigrants. Heck I remeber the first time I got off the plane in London and I honestly was getting worried thinking that I had gotten off in the wrong counrtry. So strange, my idea of what London demographics was like was so different from reality.

In Casa their Mcds had the McArabic, best i remember it was pretty good. Ahmeds sister had a washing machine but of course he didnt know how to control and i sure didnt, nothing like i had seen and even after a phone call with her instructing him we couldnt get it going Now the discussion is getting his mom the thing that cleans the floor by electricity :whistle: i ask what she had been using and he goes and gets the broom and dust pan to show me over the cam, so i guess that will be her and the dads anniversary present this year.

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Other Country: Algeria
Timeline

:lol: these little stories are just soooo cute and heartwarming!! I m hoping to add mine soon. My husband should be here finallyl finally about the 3rd week August now .We are waiting for the passport to be sent back to him.

He plans on flyiing form Algiers to Montreal on the new direct flight -then i was gonna have a one way ticket from Montreal to western Canada where I am but he vetoed that idea! - his great plan/dream whatever you want to call it is to take the Greyhound bus from Montreal to Calgary!!

I said to him -but that will take almost 3 days to get here -and you have to make 3 bus changes -what if you get lost? what if you miss your bus, what if someone robs you?? But he is chaoui and wants to have this little adventure so what can i do -ive waited so long; whats an extra 3 days i suppose -but i can just imagine what sort of adventures -or misadventures he might get into along the way -where they speak french he will do fine -but once he gets out past toronto its pretty well english most of the way-so that should prove to be interesting...ill be worried about him the whole way thru -my biggest fear is that he will get off the bus and go for a cigarette and it will leave somewhere without him -then he will be stranded in the middle of nowhere with nothing! :P

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
So today was his First day home Alone for my husband.. :lol: I decided to drive home for lunch..

After I got home I noticed this look on his face.. lol.. And apparently the fire alarm kept on going off ( found there is a electrial problem going on.. triggering the alarm to go off)... he didnt know what was happening... 4 hours it was going off.. stopping and starting... :blink: then the landlord came and asked if he was cooking.. he said No i am doing laundry..... lol.. he did 4 loads of laundry in the TUB!!! He said he could not figure out how to use the washing machine... which i DID show him step by step AND i only gave him a small pile to do.. but whatever :P there was piles of wet clothes in the sink.. floor and in the tub!

he seems to be doing ok though.. eatting banana's and nutella all day :thumbs:

:lol:

:lol: I love this story so much I read it to my mother!

Divorced. To hell with him.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

What a sweet story

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

you guys are brave, Dee. My husband's been here 2 and a half years and I STILL dont let him touch the laundry. but he also likes the vacuum, never complains to do that chore. He'll vacuum and mop like a champ and he loves it when its his turn to feed the cats. I think he likes the way they crowd around and meow at him and he gets to be the big provider. :D

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
How cute! I left mine alone for a bit and he just cleaned the heck out of my house, so it worked out. I asked him about learning the washer and dryer though and he said NO, not at this time. ?? Like what time would be better?

Nice to see you here Julianna.

Hope to see you posting more.

:star:

Cute story Dee. :)

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.