320 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Ramirez65 said:

You know you can get that information instantly on Emma?  When you open Ask Emma, just type in Live Agent and go through the steps to get to a live person.  You can ask them where your case is being processed and they'll answer you immediately.  I do that every couple of months.

I haven't found where this is yet when on the USCIS site.  I don't see it on the menu.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 2/14/2023 at 11:25 PM, aaroncv3 said:

Good find.  I also explored web crawlng and scraping USCIS for IOE cases.  I got the idea from this guy's videos:  https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC-j8oeknNu89pFRZLEWSwwQ

He is not scraping IOE cases, but WSC, if I recall correctly.  So, I wrote a script to crawl and scrape 40,000 cases near my IOE case number.  My assumption was that a pattern would emerge.

Based on my findings, of the 40,000 possible case numbers near mine, less than 10% actually existed in USCIS.  Of that percentage, there did not appear to be any relationship between the case number, the case type, and the last action date.

So, however a case is numbered, it does not follow the same numbering standards as the paper filings received into other service centers.

This may be done to add a layer of obscurity to protect customers (that is, us).  Or it may be done for other reasons.  It may be only a marginally less obvious numbering system that I just didn't intuitively see.  I can't say for certain.

All this to say, don't be either encouraged nor discouraged to see IOE case numbers before or after yours to receive action. 

They are not in sequential order.

This morning I was telling my Software Engineer son about your data scraping on USCIS and how I check 100 different sources to try to come up with one little nugget of information.  He sent me this and said "Mom, this is you."  He's not wrong 😝

Charlie Day GIFs | Tenor

Timeline
4 minutes ago, aaroncv3 said:

I haven't found where this is yet when on the USCIS site.  I don't see it on the menu.

Go here:  https://www.uscis.gov/tools/meet-emma-our-virtual-assistant

When you scroll down this page, the Ask Emma feature will pop up in the upper righthand corner of the screen.

4 minutes ago, Ramirez65 said:

This morning I was telling my Software Engineer son about your data scraping on USCIS and how I check 100 different sources to try to come up with one little nugget of information.  He sent me this and said "Mom, this is you."  He's not wrong 😝

Charlie Day GIFs | Tenor

Super relatable! 🤣

22 minutes ago, Ramirez65 said:

Go here:  https://www.uscis.gov/tools/meet-emma-our-virtual-assistant

When you scroll down this page, the Ask Emma feature will pop up in the upper righthand corner of the screen.

Wow, fantastic.  I was able to find out that my case was transferred as soon as it arrived, from Texas to Potomac.  I updated my VJ Timeline.

Timeline
1 hour ago, aaroncv3 said:

Wow, fantastic.  I was able to find out that my case was transferred as soon as it arrived, from Texas to Potomac.  I updated my VJ Timeline.

Awesome!  I check from time to time to make sure it's still in that processing center because I know they transfer cases around a lot and don't notify you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Feb Filers, 

Today is our one year anniversary of submitting. Our Processing Time tab on USCIS has shown "Your case is taking longer than expected to process" for months. I've heard that others have a date on their tab. Anyone else have the same "taking longer than expected" message? 

1 minute ago, tonyrako said:

Hi Feb Filers, 

Today is our one year anniversary of submitting. Our Processing Time tab on USCIS has shown "Your case is taking longer than expected to process" for months. I've heard that others have a date on their tab. Anyone else have the same "taking longer than expected" message? 

Yep, me.  Started mid-January.  I'm not worried about it.  Based on my research prior to the estimated date, it is not an accurate reflection of reality.  I'm guessing that better information can be gleaned by following the progress report topics here.

Don't get discouraged, things do seem to be moving, it's just that the estimate on USCIS doesn't really aid in clarity the way we might hope it would.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, aaroncv3 said:

Yep, me.  Started mid-January.  I'm not worried about it.  Based on my research prior to the estimated date, it is not an accurate reflection of reality.  I'm guessing that better information can be gleaned by following the progress report topics here.

Don't get discouraged, things do seem to be moving, it's just that the estimate on USCIS doesn't really aid in clarity the way we might hope it would.

I agree. I'm not discouraged. Sure, it would be nice to see a date on there, preferably one that is very soon, but just curious to know if others had that same message, which I assumed was the case. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, tonyrako said:

I agree. I'm not discouraged. Sure, it would be nice to see a date on there, preferably one that is very soon, but just curious to know if others had that same message, which I assumed was the case. 

Mine started out at 3 months and kept counting down until the dreaded "taking longer than expected."  It's been this way since October.  I think this is a feature they're testing out for the future (to support their claim that they're enhancing their technology) and we're just seeing it in beta form.  

1 minute ago, Ramirez65 said:

Mine started out at 3 months and kept counting down until the dreaded "taking longer than expected."  It's been this way since October.  I think this is a feature they're testing out for the future (to support their claim that they're enhancing their technology) and we're just seeing it in beta form.  

Haha i remember when they added that tab, and I thought, "This is just like the government, to take credit for the passage of time!"

AR2 and NOA2 I-130 Approval literally minutes ago!

I-130 online filing.

2022/FEB/05 : PD to TSC

2022/FEB/05 : Case silently transferred to Potomac

2022/FEB/05 : AR1

2022/JUL/16 : uploaded unsolicited evidence

2022/JUL/19 : uploaded more unsolicited evidence

2023/FEB/17 : AR2, NOA2

my timeline

Timeline
7 minutes ago, aaroncv3 said:

AR2 and NOA2 I-130 Approval literally minutes ago!

I-130 online filing.

2022/FEB/05 : PD to TSC

2022/FEB/05 : Case silently transferred to Potomac

2022/FEB/05 : AR1

2022/JUL/16 : uploaded unsolicited evidence

2022/JUL/19 : uploaded more unsolicited evidence

2023/FEB/17 : AR2, NOA2

my timeline

Congratulations - I am so happy for you!!  😍

18 minutes ago, Ramirez65 said:

Congratulations - I am so happy for you!!  😍

Thanks!  The journey isn't over, of course, this is just a major milestone.  I think you can fairly expect an update soon, too, actually, just in the last week i saw my VJ estimate go down, and today was ahead of the estimate it gave just hours before the AR2.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.