320 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
8 hours ago, aaroncv3 said:

You're right on track with almost all of us here.  I'd bet that it is normal to wonder if somehow our own case was the exception, and that it got lost while everyone else is getting approved, but--at this point--the opposite appears to be true.  Anyone already approved is the exception, and we are the normal ones.

I believe that being "unexceptional" is actually the better camp to be in, while waiting for a benefit from the government.

I've also heard the story you quoted, but the fact is that it doesn't matter.  We all did the best we could under the circumstances at the time. 

Worrying doesn't change it.  And since we did our best--and continue to--regret also doesn't belong to us.  Leave it for those that didn't ever try. 

There are couples breaking up for far more whimsical matters than that of government leadership. *We are blessed!*  All of us here get the benefit of enduring the loss of our most valuable asset, *time*... in exchange for a more meaningful and intentioned life with our better-half, *who is also enduring it with us.*

Thank you for this - it's exactly what I needed to hear today.  I appreciate you putting this all into perspective and bringing me back to what is really important.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, aaroncv3 said:

Worrying doesn't change it.  And since we did our best--and continue to--regret also doesn't belong to us.  Leave it for those that didn't ever try. 

There are couples breaking up for far more whimsical matters than that of government leadership. *We are blessed!*  All of us here get the benefit of enduring the loss of our most valuable asset, *time*... in exchange for a more meaningful and intentioned life with our better-half, *who is also enduring it with us.*

Bygod, this brought me to tears. 

You have an exceptional heart, and an exceptional way with words to prove it.

Thank you for writing that. ❤️

Timeline

Good morning February filers,

I just want to put out some positive vibes to everyone here.  Although I've been down in the dumps lately and not very optimistic, today I woke up with a different attitude!  I feel like we're all so close to getting approved.  I follow a website called hilites today (https://hilites.today/) - it was created by a fellow filer like ourselves who figured out how to manipulate the data and show how many cases are approved for each category.  Keep in mind it's not all inclusive - I don't think he's able to scrub all the data (so all cases may not be included) but it's a good snapshot of what's going on.  I usually go through the I-130 approvals and look at a few that are close to my case number to see their timeline and I see a lot of February filers there.  Keep the faith everyone.....I really believe God's timing is perfect!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ramirez65 said:

I just want to put out some positive vibes to everyone here.  Although I've been down in the dumps lately and not very optimistic, today I woke up with a different attitude!  I feel like we're all so close to getting approved.  I follow a website called hilites today (https://hilites.today/) - it was created by a fellow filer like ourselves who figured out how to manipulate the data and show how many cases are approved for each category.  Keep in mind it's not all inclusive - I don't think he's able to scrub all the data (so all cases may not be included) but it's a good snapshot of what's going on.  I usually go through the I-130 approvals and look at a few that are close to my case number to see their timeline and I see a lot of February filers there.  Keep the faith everyone.....I really believe God's timing is perfect!

That's the spirit!!! I think it's also important to follow your specific service center bc they are all so different. I am in Potomac and today I saw the first February case approved!!! The guy has a PD of Feb 4, 2022. So, it's slowly but surely happening. 

USCIS 
01/08/2022 - Married in Bulgaria

02/12/2022 - Submitted I-130 online 

02/12/2022 - NOA 1 (Nebraska Service Center) ➡️ Transferred (Potomac Service Center)

05/23/2022 - Sent K3 Packet

05/26/2022 - K3 Receipt Notice (Potomac Service Center)

06/21/2022 - Status Update (Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS)

02/22/2023 - Approved 🎉 (notice came from NBC Service Center) 

Total: 375 days

NVC

03/01/2023 Welcome Email

03/01/2023 Paid Fees

03/03/2023 Submitted NVC paperwork

03/18/2023 Documentarily Qualified 🎉

04/04/2023 Received Interview Letter

Total: 34 days

Embassy - Sofia, Bulgaria

04/27/2023 - Medical

05/09/2023 - Interview (Approved)

USA

05/12/2023 - Arrived in the US

06/30/2023 - Received Green Card in the mail

Timeline
On 2/6/2023 at 1:53 PM, Mern V said:

I don't see where there is a live chat feature? I clicked on the "Ask Emma" function but I just get canned responses to my question.

My receipt is from Nebraska, and everything I'm reading says "10 1/2 months" on average. Well now I'm WAY off -- it's been 12 months and 2 days. 

My husband is in Florida while I wait in the cold and dark recesses of Ontario Canada. It's killing me. Everyday I want to cry.

On 2/12/2023 at 11:32 PM, aaroncv3 said:

You're right on track with almost all of us here.  I'd bet that it is normal to wonder if somehow our own case was the exception, and that it got lost while everyone else is getting approved, but--at this point--the opposite appears to be true.  Anyone already approved is the exception, and we are the normal ones.

I believe that being "unexceptional" is actually the better camp to be in, while waiting for a benefit from the government.

I've also heard the story you quoted, but the fact is that it doesn't matter.  We all did the best we could under the circumstances at the time. 

4 minutes ago, Alex&Nayden said:

That's the spirit!!! I think it's also important to follow your specific service center bc they are all so different. I am in Potomac and today I saw the first February case approved!!! The guy has a PD of Feb 4, 2022. So, it's slowly but surely happening. 

I actually have 2 cases - one for my husband (processing in California) and one for my stepson (processing in Potomac).  I'm watching them both but my stepson is 18 already so I won't be disappointed if my husband's case gets approved first ;)

Timeline
4 hours ago, Alex&Nayden said:

That's MY PD date! And a day before yours?!

This is very good news.

Edited by Mern V

Timeline
5 hours ago, Ramirez65 said:

Where are you seeing the dates on them? I only see case #s.  

Timeline
Just now, Mern V said:

Where are you seeing the dates on them? I only see case #s.  

Okay so this is tedious but you have to copy the case # and then plug it into the tab called "Insights" and that'll give you their timeline.  I usually do the ones that are close to my case #.  I wish there was a way to check them in bulk but beggars can't be choosers.  I'd also like to find a way to know which service center each case came from but again, I'm not a data person so I have no idea.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ramirez65 said:

Okay so this is tedious but you have to copy the case # and then plug it into the tab called "Insights" and that'll give you their timeline.  I usually do the ones that are close to my case #.  I wish there was a way to check them in bulk but beggars can't be choosers.  I'd also like to find a way to know which service center each case came from but again, I'm not a data person so I have no idea.

Ahhh brilliant! Well done, you're very sleuth-y! :)

I'm seeing case numbers beginning with 91xxx... and mine is 95xxx. I dunno what to make of that, to be honest. 

Timeline

I'm not sure what to make of the 95xxx either but I wouldn't worry about it - I don't think the numbers have anything to do with the order in which they're approved.  Also keep in mind hilites doesn't include ALL I130 cases - if you want yours added, you can message the creator on that page and ask him to add it.  Today that page says that almost 3,000 cases were approved since yesterday but I'm sure that number is much higher, it just isn't fully represented there.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Ramirez65 said:

I'm not sure what to make of the 95xxx either but I wouldn't worry about it - I don't think the numbers have anything to do with the order in which they're approved.  Also keep in mind hilites doesn't include ALL I130 cases - if you want yours added, you can message the creator on that page and ask him to add it.  Today that page says that almost 3,000 cases were approved since yesterday but I'm sure that number is much higher, it just isn't fully represented there.

Very cool!

Under insights I actually plugged in MY case number and all kinds of data sprouted up about cases before/after, approvals, rejections etc. Interesting site!!!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Mern V said:

Very cool!

Under insights I actually plugged in MY case number and all kinds of data sprouted up about cases before/after, approvals, rejections etc. Interesting site!!!

That’s great!  There’s a lot of information on that site and it’s accurate since it’s coming directly from USCIS.

12 hours ago, Ramirez65 said:

I follow a website called hilites today (https://hilites.today/) - it was created by a fellow filer like ourselves who figured out how to manipulate the data and show how many cases are approved for each category.  Keep in mind it's not all inclusive

7 hours ago, Ramirez65 said:

I'm not sure what to make of the 95xxx either but I wouldn't worry about it - I don't think the numbers have anything to do with the order in which they're approved.

Good find.  I also explored web crawlng and scraping USCIS for IOE cases.  I got the idea from this guy's videos:  https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC-j8oeknNu89pFRZLEWSwwQ

He is not scraping IOE cases, but WSC, if I recall correctly.  So, I wrote a script to crawl and scrape 40,000 cases near my IOE case number.  My assumption was that a pattern would emerge.

Based on my findings, of the 40,000 possible case numbers near mine, less than 10% actually existed in USCIS.  Of that percentage, there did not appear to be any relationship between the case number, the case type, and the last action date.

So, however a case is numbered, it does not follow the same numbering standards as the paper filings received into other service centers.

This may be done to add a layer of obscurity to protect customers (that is, us).  Or it may be done for other reasons.  It may be only a marginally less obvious numbering system that I just didn't intuitively see.  I can't say for certain.

All this to say, don't be either encouraged nor discouraged to see IOE case numbers before or after yours to receive action. 

They are not in sequential order.

Timeline
8 hours ago, aaroncv3 said:

Good find.  I also explored web crawlng and scraping USCIS for IOE cases.  I got the idea from this guy's videos:  https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC-j8oeknNu89pFRZLEWSwwQ

He is not scraping IOE cases, but WSC, if I recall correctly.  So, I wrote a script to crawl and scrape 40,000 cases near my IOE case number.  My assumption was that a pattern would emerge.

Based on my findings, of the 40,000 possible case numbers near mine, less than 10% actually existed in USCIS.  Of that percentage, there did not appear to be any relationship between the case number, the case type, and the last action date.

So, however a case is numbered, it does not follow the same numbering standards as the paper filings received into other service centers.

This may be done to add a layer of obscurity to protect customers (that is, us).  Or it may be done for other reasons.  It may be only a marginally less obvious numbering system that I just didn't intuitively see.  I can't say for certain.

All this to say, don't be either encouraged nor discouraged to see IOE case numbers before or after yours to receive action. 

They are not in sequential order.

Very interesting!  I look at hilites every day just to be reassured that cases are at least moving.  It’s more of a distraction than anything.  Unfortunately, I don’t think we can assume or predict anything with USCIS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.