320 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 hour ago, aaroncv3 said:

I bet they are smart, and also not stupid... If i had a hundred cases coming across my desk every day, you had better believe I'd RFE someone's case before I drove myself insane guessing what they might have meant when they uploaded something that wasn't immediately clear. 🤣

I just read on another forum about someone who got the same message you did (they were using all assets as proof of support) but they also got DQ'd without submitting anything else.  Basically, that message was just a warning says that it'll be up to the officer at your interview whether or not to accept your financial documents.  That's what they did and they got approved at the interview.  Maybe you didn't get DQ'd right away because of the other document that was missing. 

34 minutes ago, Ramirez65 said:

I just read on another forum about someone who got the same message you did (they were using all assets as proof of support) but they also got DQ'd without submitting anything else.  Basically, that message was just a warning says that it'll be up to the officer at your interview whether or not to accept your financial documents.  That's what they did and they got approved at the interview.  Maybe you didn't get DQ'd right away because of the other document that was missing. 

Thanks for the information.  I do see "ACCEPTED" on both the AOS and the IV.  But i haven't seen anything that says DQ yet.

Both notes in the messages section read, "Case FE review note".  That seems like soft wording.  So maybe its a soft DQ. 🤣

And now I want soft-serve ice cream.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, aaroncv3 said:

Thanks for the information.  I do see "ACCEPTED" on both the AOS and the IV.  But i haven't seen anything that says DQ yet.

Both notes in the messages section read, "Case FE review note".  That seems like soft wording.  So maybe its a soft DQ. 🤣

And now I want soft-serve ice cream.

Don't forget DQ has cake too 😂

Mine say "ACCEPTED" also so I think that just means your documents were under the size limit and legible.  You should get an email whenever you get DQ'd and then your inbox on your account will state that you're DQ'd....that's when it's time for soft serve 🤣  

13 minutes ago, Ramirez65 said:

Don't forget DQ has cake too 😂

Fudge, you're right!

15 minutes ago, Ramirez65 said:

Mine say "ACCEPTED" also so I think that just means your documents were under the size limit and legible.  You should get an email whenever you get DQ'd and then your inbox on your account will state that you're DQ'd....that's when it's time for soft serve 🤣  

Well, i guess that's just the way the cookie crumbles.  Maybe i'll get lucky and hear something by sundae.  Every time the case moves forward, ice cream with much delight.  This process has been no cakewalk, and the financial investment sure ain't peanuts.  But now I'm running out of puns, so like a banana, I'm gonna split.  (Ending with that one really was the cherry on top.)

Timeline
2 minutes ago, aaroncv3 said:

Fudge, you're right!

Well, i guess that's just the way the cookie crumbles.  Maybe i'll get lucky and hear something by sundae.  Every time the case moves forward, ice cream with much delight.  This process has been no cakewalk, and the financial investment sure ain't peanuts.  But now I'm running out of puns, so like a banana, I'm gonna split.  (Ending with that one really was the cherry on top.)

There goes my twin with his one track mind making jokes while I sit here and wallow in my anxiety....why did you get all the fun traits??

2 minutes ago, Ramirez65 said:

making jokes while I sit here and wallow in my anxiety....

Well, at least you're not stewing. ba-da-tiss

15 minutes ago, Ramirez65 said:

why did you get all the fun traits??

Oh, just ask my wife how fun she finds my puns.  I can hear her rolling her eyes right now.  The fun-est.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, aaroncv3 said:

Well, at least you're not stewing. ba-da-tiss

Oh, just ask my wife how fun she finds my puns.  I can hear her rolling her eyes right now.  The fun-est.

Hahahaha she's a saint!

3 minutes ago, Ramirez65 said:

Hahahaha she's a saint!

Somehow we got lucky and we both feel like we married "up".  She tolerates me and I give her more to tolerate than she ever asked for.  Just joking, of course.  She definitely asked for it.

Timeline
1 hour ago, aaroncv3 said:

Somehow we got lucky and we both feel like we married "up".  She tolerates me and I give her more to tolerate than she ever asked for.  Just joking, of course.  She definitely asked for it.

The first time my husband and I met in person, he gave me the nickname complicated.com - I did not deny. 😂

Timeline
4 hours ago, tonyrako said:

Are there others from the Feb 22 group who still haven't received their approval yet? Feeling discouranged. :( 

Hang in there. Nebraska right now is 13-15 months. We just got approved last Tuesday night before the change in dates occurred. I would say if are approaching the 15 month mark, I would start writing to USCIS and Immigration Department at the White House and just nag them with a letter once a month.

It is a tough process, especially being far from your loved ones, but hopefully you will get a response soon.

Timeline

Good Morning.. Hope everyone is well and hanging in there. Sorry I haven't posted in a long while, just its difficult to keep track of all the social groups and limited myself to 3...hhahh

Anyways, Congratulations to those who got approved. It just gets better from here.  As for me, We got approved last Wednesday the 22nd, formal letter by Thursday the 23rd, Case Closed by Friday morning the 24th, Friday evening Case sent to NVC, and got welcome letter yesterday evening and lawyer paid fees this morning.

So its moving quicker than before.... I feel like I need to "wait" after all the waiting, and now that it is flowing, it's like "wooooo...slow down". Hoping for good news for those that are still  waiting.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Papps said:

Yes... Nebraska... Sigh

Did something change with Nebraska? I read someone else say they got their approval "just before they changed timeframes" or something along those lines, but not sure what that meant? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.