320 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, aaroncv3 said:

Way more pathetic (or maybe graceful is a better word) than that.  Are you ready?  Silly question; you spent more than a day looking into being a mole at USCIS.  OF COURSE you're ready.

I was doing what i imagine you and most other people do here to stave off the insanity... Going through the various topics, sprinkle hope, refresh my USCIS status page, repeat.

Well, in between one post and the next, the AR date changed.  And so I went to the Documents tab, and there it was: the I-130 Approval.

I discovered it before any app sent me any notification.

The USCIS "Case status" tab still shows AR2, but the NOA2 is clearly in the Documents tab.

So if your posting around here is any indication, i imagine your experience will be just as pathetic and/or graceful.  🤣🤣🤣  Good luck!

Pretty much exactly my scenario! Kept refreshing and WOW a date changed? Curious... Status remained same and timeline still read "your case is taking longer blah blah"....

But then the magic happened when I looked in my documents tab. Lo and behold there it was....

Soooo keep refreshing. It will be there shortly!

28 minutes ago, Mern V said:

Pretty much exactly my scenario! Kept refreshing and WOW a date changed? Curious... Status remained same and timeline still read "your case is taking longer blah blah"....

But then the magic happened when I looked in my documents tab. Lo and behold there it was....

Soooo keep refreshing. It will be there shortly!

I just received an email from USCIS an hour ago, "we have taken an action on your case".  Logging in still shows AR2, and the documents tab still does the approval.  All the case tracking apps still show AR.  The only difference is when the AR date changes.  The moment it changed is when i began to see the I-130 Approval in the documents tab.

Congratulations to all who got approvals! 
We also got approval recently! such a good feeling! 

PD - 02 feb 2022

NOA1 - 02 feb 2022

NOA2 - 16 feb 2023

Our account showed no movements since we submitted petition. Then surprise happened: on 16 feb 2023 account showed “Case is being actively reviewed” and on 17 feb 2023 “Case approved” and approval notice in documents tab.
No RFEs. Our case was straight forward. 

Our service center was Potomac SC)

P.s. We didn’t contact neither Congressman neither Senator. We didn’t submit I-129a.

good luck to everyone in next stage! 

On 2/10/2023 at 11:29 PM, davidtech said:

Thanks for sharing this! I am in a couple of Facebook groups and saw someone got approved a day or two after uploading more "unsolicited evidence", not sure if that helped their case.

I also thought and have read that uploading more things could send you to the back of the line but at this point there is not a specific answer for that. I have been debating on uploading more "unsolicited evidence" from when I went back to visit my wife in December thinking it will slow my case even more so I have not done it.

We received our approval a few days ago, and the "later" additional evidence did not seem to have any effect on the AR2/NOA2 date, based on the abundance of other approval reports beginning to be posted here.  HTH, and good luck.

On 2/18/2023 at 10:49 AM, Ramirez65 said:

Congratulations!!  You guys are making me feel left out….we all want to join the party!!  Good for you I’m sure you’re so relieved.  Don’t worry about NVC….nothing can be as bad as USCIS.  I think the worst is over.

We're all here waiting for the good news on yours.  I'm sure you already did the math, but if you get approved Feb 27, then USCIS got to you at relatively the same speed as they got to me.  Let's call it Mar 1 to account for the USCIS Valentine's day festivities.

Have lurked on this forum for some time, and thought throughout it would be appropriate to post on the 1-year anniversary of filing the I-130 if it got that far. That's today, and still waiting for Potomac to process. Have steadily been losing patience, but hopeful from your stories that we will hear back in the next month or so. Congratulations to all of you who have made it over the first hurdle.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 2/17/2023 at 8:27 PM, Mern V said:

Congrats!!!  

Just checked my status... Petition approved!!

I had to look under documents tab because my status still says "actively reviewing" but the date changed to today's so that was weird... So I looked under documents and there it was.. the approval notice.

Now the fun starts eh??

On 2/19/2023 at 9:28 AM, aaroncv3 said:

We're all here waiting for the good news on yours.  I'm sure you already did the math, but if you get approved Feb 27, then USCIS got to you at relatively the same speed as they got to me.  Let's call it Mar 1 to account for the USCIS Valentine's day festivities.

1 hour ago, gointransatlantic said:

Have lurked on this forum for some time, and thought throughout it would be appropriate to post on the 1-year anniversary of filing the I-130 if it got that far. That's today, and still waiting for Potomac to process. Have steadily been losing patience, but hopeful from your stories that we will hear back in the next month or so. Congratulations to all of you who have made it over the first hurdle.

Welcome to our little club!  I think we all get to the point of losing patience but we’ve been keeping each other uplifted and positive.  Quite a few of us have gotten approved lately so I have hope that we’ll be celebrating soon as well.  My PD was February 14th and the approvals lately have been from early February priority dates so our turn is coming soon. 

3 hours ago, NorthnerSouth98 said:

Hi All,

We were approved on Thursday, February 16th. Today we received our notice from the NVC that our case has been created, received case number etc. 

Just sharing for reference, will continue to post as we move on. 

Oh, i thought I was waiting for NVC to contact me with a welcome letter and login details.  So... Is it not necessary to wait?

1 minute ago, aaroncv3 said:

Oh, i thought I was waiting for NVC to contact me with a welcome letter and login details.  So... Is it not necessary to wait?

That’s what my comment was… they contact us by email with case number and instructions to create our account. 

So welcome letter came electronically first. 

Just now, NorthnerSouth98 said:

That’s what my comment was… they contact us by email with case number and instructions to create our account. 

So welcome letter came electronically first. 

Oh gosh, you're right.  I somehow glossed over it.  Thanks for the response!

Hey all,

I filed I-130 for wife. Im a US citizen. My wife lives in India and her passport is getting expired on January 2024.
I have given her current passport details on I-130 form.

I was wondering should we renew her passport now?

If we renew the passport:

• the new passport will have different number than previous however it mentions old passport number which would be what we put in I-130
  • If we renew the passport, do we need to let USCIS know about it?

If we don't renew the passport now

• When interview times come close to June 2023, the expiry date would be too close.
  • Can they ask us to renew the passport first and then schedule interview? In doing so it may take more time and delay her coming here.

Thanks in advance :)

1 hour ago, Nisarg99999999999 said:

I'm no immigration lawyer, but I think it would be an effective use of the time while you wait.  I'd wager that the NVC--and more importantly the embassy abroad responsible for issuing the visa--would understand a circumstance like this.  I imagine it is common.  

US passports are good for 10 or 15 years, i think.. so the odds that a passport expires within 1 year are 1/10 or 1/15.

If it was me, I would go ahead and start it sooner, rather than later.

We have an appointment for my wife to get her Philippine passport updated with her married last name.  Also, our case just received NOA2 from USCIS.  So, it's getting close to crunch time.

Just my thinking.  YMMV.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Nisarg99999999999 said:

Hey all,

I filed I-130 for wife. Im a US citizen. My wife lives in India and her passport is getting expired on January 2024.
I have given her current passport details on I-130 form.

If we renew the passport:

• the new passport will have different number than previous however it mentions old passport number which would be what we put in I-130
  • If we renew the passport, do we need to let USCIS know about it?

If we don't renew the passport now

• When interview times come close to June 2023, the expiry date would be too close.
  • Can they ask us to renew the passport first and then schedule interview? In doing so it may take more time and delay her coming here.

Thanks in advance :)

Welcome to our group!

I was in the same situation with my husband, who lives in Colombia.  His passport was getting ready to expire about 8 months after we filed the I-130.  I had him renew it and send me a picture of the first page and I uploaded that to my USCIS account under Unsolicited Evidence but you can classify it as an Identity/Travel Document.  You should probably have your wife renew her passport now since you have enough time rather than waiting until your I-130 is ready to be approved. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.