320 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 4/18/2023 at 12:20 AM, Jonah <3 Verlie said:

Not yet, but their website says that I can inquire about our case May 8, 2023.  Then when I checked their website again this week the inquiry date changed to August 13, 2023.  It is so annoying 😡

I just looked for you and found this post. I really hope your case moves soon! Best of luck! You deserve it.

Hi Guys I just wanted  to give hope to the other people that are still waiting we got our approval today I hope other get their good news too

On 4/20/2023 at 1:01 PM, Joyoussinger said:

I just looked for you and found this post. I really hope your case moves soon! Best of luck! You deserve it.

Hi there 😎 Yet another long wait for us 🙄 I'm getting tired of seeing the same old status "Your case is being actively reviewed yada yada yada" 🙄 I don't know what they are still reviewing if they say they did not find any outstanding.  If there's nothing outstanding, then why not APPROVE IT! 🙄 Anyway, thank you for checking up on us ❤️

September 14, 2018 - Filed the K-1

September 17, 2018 - NOA1 (Old Site)

September 20, 2018 - NOA1 (New Site)

event.png

1 minute ago, Jonah <3 Verlie said:

Hi there 😎 Yet another long wait for us 🙄 I'm getting tired of seeing the same old status "Your case is being actively reviewed yada yada yada" 🙄 I don't know what they are still reviewing if they say they did not find any outstanding.  If there's nothing outstanding, then why not APPROVE IT! 🙄 Anyway, thank you for checking up on us ❤️

We call this AR1.  It is the first "your case is being Actively Reviewed".  The wait is nerve wracking; I know.  I was checking everyday, multiple times per day.. and one day i noticed the date changed.  This is called AR2.  When you notice the date change, switch over to the Documents tab, you may see the "I-130 Approval" before you get the email.

We were approved in Feb, and the case went to NVC in March.  It took us a couple gos to get DQ'd at NVC, but now we're waiting on US Embassy Manila.

Good times.  Joke lang.  But in fairness, we've had time to strengthen our bond even more, so that when we go to the US, we will be that much stronger.

Good luck po.

20 minutes ago, aaroncv3 said:

We call this AR1.  It is the first "your case is being Actively Reviewed".  The wait is nerve wracking; I know.  I was checking everyday, multiple times per day.. and one day i noticed the date changed.  This is called AR2.  When you notice the date change, switch over to the Documents tab, you may see the "I-130 Approval" before you get the email.

We were approved in Feb, and the case went to NVC in March.  It took us a couple gos to get DQ'd at NVC, but now we're waiting on US Embassy Manila.

Good times.  Joke lang.  But in fairness, we've had time to strengthen our bond even more, so that when we go to the US, we will be that much stronger.

Good luck po.

Thank you.  I'm just not going to check it everyday because it is so annoying.  Anyway, I will be visiting my wife next month while we wait for this never ending saga.

September 14, 2018 - Filed the K-1

September 17, 2018 - NOA1 (Old Site)

September 20, 2018 - NOA1 (New Site)

event.png

48 minutes ago, Jonah <3 Verlie said:

Thank you.  I'm just not going to check it everyday because it is so annoying.  Anyway, I will be visiting my wife next month while we wait for this never ending saga.

Yeah, probably the only way to have a shred of sanity is not checking it 5 times a day. 🤔🤣

Good luck on your trip.  That's exactly what we did; I'm here in the Philippines now as we wait.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 4/22/2023 at 12:28 AM, aaroncv3 said:

checking it 5 times a day.

Only 5???  Come on now, tell us the truth 😂

I’m not gonna lie….I was fully expecting my OCD to disappear once I got past USCIS….like a miracle I would be patient and chill as soon as that nightmare ended but alas here I am stressing over an interview letter that hasn’t arrived yet.  I’m sure you can imagine all the techy hacks I’m running in order to “crack the code” of how NVC operates.  I think I need to see if they’re hiring 🤣🤣

9 hours ago, Ramirez65 said:

Only 5???  Come on now, tell us the truth  😂

Oh, you already know!

9 hours ago, Ramirez65 said:

I’m not gonna lie….I was fully expecting my OCD to disappear once I got past USCIS….like a miracle I would be patient and chill as soon as that nightmare ended but alas here I am stressing over an interview letter that hasn’t arrived yet.  I’m sure you can imagine all the techy hacks I’m running in order to “crack the code” of how NVC operates.  I think I need to see if they’re hiring 

Here we are again, in the "hurry up and wait" part!

I'm a bit more relaxed about it now.  There's nothing I can do except to accept the situation.  I stopped checking NVC site.  I was checking it frequently, but i had to just accept it.  It will happen when it is supposed to happen.

Timeline
5 hours ago, aaroncv3 said:

It will happen when it is supposed to happen.

You forget who the neurotic twin is in this family....it's supposed to happen NOW 😝

1 hour ago, Ramirez65 said:

You forget who the neurotic twin is in this family....it's supposed to happen NOW 😝

I was telling a friend earlier that the Department of State didn't give me the briefing like they should have and heads will roll for this! 🤣 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, aaroncv3 said:

I was telling a friend earlier that the Department of State didn't give me the briefing like they should have and heads will roll for this! 🤣 

Trust me brother, once I get hired at the Department of State, heads will roll!! 😂

Timeline
3 minutes ago, NorthnerSouth98 said:

Is anybody finished yet visa in hand? 

I moved along quite quickly and have been DQ’d since March 16th, 2023. Unfortunately Montreal takes a few months to schedule interviews hopeful for July/August. 

Just curious if anyone from other countries with less traffic is done. 

Not yet.  We were DQ'd on 3/23 and 3/30 (stepson and husband) and we're still waiting for an interview date (Colombia).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.