waterlooengineer

May 2022 NVC Submission

187 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, ozzac said:

Hi everyone, 

After waiting 75 days, I have got a series of RFE's some of which I am not sure what to do. Any advice would be appreciated. We started our petition in 2020 but due to COVID we slowed it down until this spring. We live abroad and my wife is a housewife with no income. Despite that they ask for a W-2 or 1099 for year 2020? They are asking the same thing for the joint sponsor (for him we only attached W-2 for 2021), which makes sense, but I don't understand why they ask for one for my wife. Anyone with same experience? 

I am in the same situation. We lived in Korea and Canada and my wife (petitioner) has had no job for the past few months. We submitted a signed affidavit that states that the petitioner has no W2 to provide as she either worked abroad or was unemployed for the entire tax year 2021. They accepted that even though I got Case FE Review for something unrelated.

But I think you should write about both 2021 and 2020 in your affidavit because even though they are asking for 2020 docs but what they really want are 2021 docs. Be sure to also mention her intention to establish US domicile and provide some evidence of her maintaining ties to the US.

As for your joint sponsor, I am actually puzzled why they are asking for 2020 W2. You say it makes sense, but can you elaborate? Pure guess, but maybe what they ask for depends on what you write in your I864, so the joint sponsor's I864 claims tax stuff related to tax year 2020, then they would ask for that?

Edited by chaoticenergy

4 minutes ago, chaoticenergy said:

I am in the same situation. We lived in Korea and Canada and my wife (petitioner) has had no job for the past few months. We submitted a signed affidavit that states that the petitioner has no W2 to provide as she either worked abroad or was unemployed for the entire tax year 2021. They accepted that even though I got Case FE Review for something unrelated.

But I think you should write about both 2021 and 2020 in your affidavit because even though they are asking for 2020 docs but what they really want are 2021 docs. Be sure to also mention her intention to establish US domicile and provide some evidence of her maintaining ties to the US.

As for your joint sponsor, I am actually puzzled why they are asking for 2020 W2. You say it makes sense, but can you elaborate? Pure guess, but maybe what they ask for depends on what you write in your I864, so the joint sponsor's I864 claims tax stuff related to tax year 2020, then they would ask for that?

Thank you for your reply @chaoticenergy! 

I thought the 2020 W-2 for the joint sponsor made sense because we uploaded the 2021 one and wasn’t enough, maybe because we started our visa in 2020. 

Did you have to re-upload the AOS or did you write your statements when you first submitted it? 

any tips about the DS-260? Just writing to them (it seems that it takes about 2 months to reply though!) 

4 minutes ago, ozzac said:

Did you have to re-upload the AOS or did you write your statements when you first submitted it?

We submitted our statements as additional documents on two separate occasions: 1. statement about domicile along with evidence, 2. statement about petitioner not having w2 and reaffirmation of domicile intent. The AOS was not reuploaded at the time because there was no reason to and doing so would have put us to the back of the queue.

With our recent RFE, we did submit a new AOS for the joint sponsor because they asked for 2021 tax documents and the I864 had to be updated accordingly.

At 12:49am I got DQ from RFE from April 27 an resubmitted on May 11 and reviewed on July 13 without DQ. They also sent me an email that they will  schedule an appointment with the US Embassy/ Consulate General.

They also added a note the my case does not meet the minimum requirement for intending immigrant.  Doesn't make sense, my household on the application is 4, 2 minors from joint custody, my spouse and I.

My household is only 4 According to poverty guidelines for the lower 48 states and US TERRITORY, 125% for 4 is $34,687 and Im over $40,000+ according to my W2. I can even add a 5th person to my household. Why they didn't add this note on my first RFE on April 27 or July 13 when they reviewed the case without any DQ notice?

Is this a error? Why is this going so hard on me? Is my case on hold until I submitt a joiny sponsor or will they send me

Who should I add as a joint sponsor  if so? My father is retired and receives social security and I can't seem to think of someone that I can add income as a joint sponer. She has siblings from her country,  I think it has to be from US. Am I right? I need some advise 😩 

12 hours ago, ozzac said:

The strangest thing, however, was about the police record for Japan (where I lived in the past) which I have attached. The message says: "The police certificate required for JAPAN is not needed in order for the interview to be scheduled. However, the police certificate must be obtained and uploaded before the visa interview. Please use our Document Finder at https://nvc.state.gov/find for acceptable documents guidelines."  Even though I have attached it and they accepted it, they still mentioned this sentence, a bit odd, don't you think?

Grateful to whom could reply about the W-2 for a housewife and what to do with the DS-260. 

We are also in Japan, and we also recently received a similar message, even though we enclosed the (sealed police certificate envelope -following instructions not to open it, but merely scan and show the envelope), and what I deduced is that for Japan you must take the sealed police certificate envelope to the consular officer at the interview, and only at that time will the police certificate be entered into the system by the consular officer. Honestly, that was the weirdest language when I saw it too, and very confusing. I think my interpretation is correct about how to proceed, but would love to hear if anyone knows anything more precise. 

Initial submission: May 31

DQ: August 9

We rescanned and added several additional docs till August 1, too paranoid lol

A message was asking for uploading the police certificate when I can obtain it (since it's directly sent to the consulate), so not sure if the consulate will give it back to me after the interview.

Good luck to you all!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Got all our documents accepted on the 5th after seeing we had an update on our file (1 day after RFE), still waiting for any DQ email or anything from the Tokyo embassy. Is it typical for NVC to send a DQ email or do we just sit tight for the embassy message?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
17 minutes ago, indigorunner said:

Got all our documents accepted on the 5th after seeing we had an update on our file (1 day after RFE), still waiting for any DQ email or anything from the Tokyo embassy. Is it typical for NVC to send a DQ email or do we just sit tight for the embassy message?

NVC will send an email and a message will appear in ceac portal stating DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, etrangais said:

NVC will send an email and a message will appear in ceac portal stating DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED

I did get this message on the portal, but the email was just the usual "Notice regarding your Immigrant Visa Case". Is this normal or should I have gotten an email by now?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
7 minutes ago, indigorunner said:

I did get this message on the portal, but the email was just the usual "Notice regarding your Immigrant Visa Case". Is this normal or should I have gotten an email by now?

When we got DQ, we received two emails at the same exact time: the generic message stating NVC updated the case and we need to log-in to the portal, and the second email stating the case is documentarily qualified.

This was back in February.

I am not sure if it is still the practice right now

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

56 minutes ago, indigorunner said:

Same thing happened to me, and after 3 weeks I got the DQ message

Hi everyone, 

A few days ago I have got a reply from the NVC (submission date May 31st) with a DS260 review note saying "The petition you have filed does not allow derivative status for family members. This means that any spouse, unmarried child under age 21, or parent will require his or her own petition to immigrate". 

I am not sure why I got this message, but probably because I selected that my wife and daughter (both US citizens) were migrating with me. I selected this option because we are all living abroad and we all moving together to the US. 

Do you know if this is a show stopper or if it is just a note to say that if I want other people to migrate with me, they would need a petition of their own? 

Many thanks! 

1 minute ago, ozzac said:

I am not sure why I got this message, but probably because I selected that my wife and daughter (both US citizens) were migrating with me. I selected this option because we are all living abroad and we all moving together to the US. 

If you mean the option on the DS-260 form, then that was the wrong answer in your case, and the reason you got that FE note.  Your family will just be relocating, not immigrating with you.  Even so, that FE note is not a showstopper and is safe to ignore in your case, as your family members are already USCs.  No need to update the DS-260 either.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Please I have a question. I submitted first document to NVC on July 6th and submitted the last document on August 24th, NVC review counting will start from July 6th I submitted the first document or it will start from August 24th I submitted the last document?,

2 hours ago, chuks22 said:

Hi everyone,

Please I have a question. I submitted first document to NVC on July 6th and submitted the last document on August 24th, NVC review counting will start from July 6th I submitted the first document or it will start from August 24th I submitted the last document?,

The last one, specifically the last REQUIRED document you submitted.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.