davidtech

I-130 actively being reviewed should I file I-129?

6 posts in this topic

Hello

Hopefully not the wrong section to post. I have read various different posts on weather it helps to file the i-129 after having already filed the i-130?

I filed the i-130 on Feb. 27th 2022 and it is currently at the California center. I know I have to be patient and wait like everyone else.

-does anybody suggest I file the i-129?

-If I do file the i-129 would it have any negative effects on my current application such as slowing it down more?

any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated, like everyone else the waiting tends to become stressful at times.

thank you

USCIS Process

2.27.22 - Filed I-130 online

2.27.22 - NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center) -> Transferred (California Service Center)

Case Is Actively Being Reviewed Since 2.27.22

5.27.22 - K3 Received

6.1.22 - K3 Receipt Notice (California Service Center)

3.7.23 - NOA2 (Approved)

4.10.23 - NVC Docs Sent

4.21.23 - NVC Completion

7.14.23 - Interview Letter Received

9.21.23 - Visa Approved (CR1 Interview)

adding:
I filed I-130 for my spouse.

USCIS Process

2.27.22 - NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center) -> Transferred (California Service Center)

5.27.22 - K3 Received

3.7.23 - NOA2 (Approved)

4.10.23 - NVC Docs Sent

4.21.23 - NVC Completion

8 minutes ago, S9471 said:

On what basis would you be filing I-129 if you already filed for spousal petition?

From what I have seen on here apparently if you have an i-130 in progress and send the i-129 K3 visa for spouse they will deny the i-129 and approve the i-130 faster.

not sure if that is actually the case but was trying to see if anybody has done this recently.

USCIS Process

5.27.22 - K3 Received

3.7.23 - NOA2 (Approved)

4.10.23 - NVC Docs Sent

4.21.23 - NVC Completion

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
1 hour ago, davidtech said:

Hello

Hopefully not the wrong section to post. I have read various different posts on weather it helps to file the i-129 after having already filed the i-130?

I filed the i-130 on Feb. 27th 2022 and it is currently at the California center. I know I have to be patient and wait like everyone else.

-does anybody suggest I file the i-129?

-If I do file the i-129 would it have any negative effects on my current application such as slowing it down more?

any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated, like everyone else the waiting tends to become stressful at times.

thank you

Our I130 was filed April 2021, went in to actively reviewing in August 2021, then it went silent. Filed the I129F for K3 in October. In November the I130 was approved, and a couple of days after the I129F was denied. For us it adds up that it speeded up the process, but no guarantees 😊

12 minutes ago, AnnaCa said:

Our I130 was filed April 2021, went in to actively reviewing in August 2021, then it went silent. Filed the I129F for K3 in October. In November the I130 was approved, and a couple of days after the I129F was denied. For us it adds up that it speeded up the process, but no guarantees 😊

That’s awesome! Congrats on getting the i-130 approved already! Thank you for sharing I will strongly consider sending the i-129 😊

USCIS Process

5.27.22 - K3 Received

3.7.23 - NOA2 (Approved)

4.10.23 - NVC Docs Sent

4.21.23 - NVC Completion

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.