StevenInAtlanta

Russian and recently interviewed in Warsaw Poland?

64 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Israel is much more prospective. Consider transferring your case there if you need a consulate that is willing to accept Russian cases. No documentation/reasons are needed. You just request a transfer and they will accept it. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
8 hours ago, To_the_moon said:

Israel is much more prospective. Consider transferring your case there if you need a consulate that is willing to accept Russian cases. No documentation/reasons are needed. You just request a transfer and they will accept it. 

Have you personally done that? Does the Russian beneficiary need to have family in Israel that they're staying with?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Jordanian Bride said:

Have you personally done that? Does the Russian beneficiary need to have family in Israel that they're staying with?

It’s a good question and I can add that it was the NVCs decision to move the case from Moscow to Warsaw because of the unrest at the US Embassy in Moscow and the suspension of visa processing so after Covid lockdown Warsaw agreed to take Russian IR1 and other petitions for processing. Neither she (the Russian and beneficiary) nor I the US citizen and petitioner have any friends or family in Warsaw. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, StevenInAtlanta said:

It’s a good question and I can add that it was the NVCs decision to move the case from Moscow to Warsaw because of the unrest at the US Embassy in Moscow and the suspension of visa processing so after Covid lockdown Warsaw agreed to take Russian IR1 and other petitions for processing. Neither she (the Russian and beneficiary) nor I the US citizen and petitioner have any friends or family in Warsaw. 

I just always assumed that Russian beneficiaries who transferred to US Consulate Jerusalem had family ties to Israel. It's like with how some Russians were able to transfer to US Consulate Yerevan. Many Russians have tried (with Yerevan) but failed.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Jordanian Bride said:

Yes, we have personally transferred our case to Jerusalem from Warsaw. And no, no family ties are required. 

Timeline
15 hours ago, To_the_moon said:

Yes, we have personally transferred our case to Jerusalem from Warsaw. And no, no family ties are required. 

That’s great. How long did it take to get transferred and until you received your interview?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Jordanian Bride said:

How did you transfer in a few days? Doesn’t it take two mo this through the public inquiry?

We transferred when our case was already received by the consulate in Warsaw. We didn’t have to go through NVC. Our case is K1, it’s a little different than CR1/IR1. 

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Something new just popped up on the family rumor mill radar screen.

My wife has just heard that a US official just announced that IR1/immigration visa interviews are going to resume in the Moscow embassy.

Has anyone heard anything at all about this or have any resources or links to share for verification or further research.  I've checked the US Russian embassy website news and there wasn't anything found there, did several Google searches, nothing.

Timeline
46 minutes ago, StevenInAtlanta said:

Something new just popped up on the family rumor mill radar screen.

My wife has just heard that a US official just announced that IR1/immigration visa interviews are going to resume in the Moscow embassy.

Has anyone heard anything at all about this or have any resources or links to share for verification or further research.  I've checked the US Russian embassy website news and there wasn't anything found there, did several Google searches, nothing.

It's been the elevator speech of the new ambassador Tracy since the Fall. I'm yet to see anything other than talk though.

Visas = more staff.

More staff = Russians ask for more staff in Russian embassies in USA.

I don't see that happening in light of worldwide course on reducing diplomatic relations with Russia.

Timeline

@Lynxyonok   yeah....I found it hard to believe considering the current world climate, but one can hope.  Judging from just the last two years in history, it's near impossible to predict what is going to come next.

Edited by StevenInAtlanta

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
1 hour ago, StevenInAtlanta said:

@Lynxyonok   yeah....I found it hard to believe considering the current world climate, but one can hope.  Judging from just the last two years in history, it's near impossible to predict what is going to come next.

There was a post here yesterday iirc of someone having a petition automatically transferred to Almaty. I highly, highly doubt that visa services can resume in Moscow anytime soon - not only would it be tremendously bad PR for the Administration, but also a logistical nightmare. Such simple things like flying American staff there or paying for groceries with certain credit cards are nigh impossible considering sanctions. 

Speaking of which, Steven, how have you been with everything? I don't recall seeing any updates from you in a while, hope all is well.

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Timeline
2 hours ago, slavaskii said:

There was a post here yesterday iirc of someone having a petition automatically transferred to Almaty.

IR-5 though, parents. I'm yet to see a K-1 case.

KZ has just restricted how long can Russians stay in the country.

• 4 months later...
Filed: Other Country: Ecuador
Timeline
On 10/28/2022 at 7:46 PM, To_the_moon said:

Hi @To_the_moon,

How long it took to get the passport back from the embassy? 

We transferred our IR5 case from Warsaw to Jerusalem. The interview was on May 30th, they asked all documents and took my mother-in-law's passport. They did not say of any missing document. The status on ceac says "Administrative Processing". We're still in Jerusalem waiting for the passport to be returned. We keep extending our hotel reservations and flights. This is costing us a fortune. I also got severely sick and I could see a doctor because I don't have Israelii medical insurance. I found a private doctor who prescribe me antibiotics, without them, I know know what would have be of me in a different country. My mother-in-law is also getting sick and her blood pressure medication is almost gone. 

We are suffering here trying to get answers from the US embassy in Jerusalem but not luck. We have requested to release the documents so we can go back to our respective homes but no answer so far. We felt it is was a mistake to transfer the case here, from what I hear Warsaw if giving the passports back within 3 days. 

Thanks,

9/06/2013 - Sent I-129F K-1 Visa Package

9/10/2013 - USCIS Received the I-129F package

9/13/2013 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation by email

9/30/2013 - USCIS Case status - Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I-129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). by email

10/18/2013 - USCIS Case status - We mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I-129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) by email.

10/24/2013 - Recieved a RFE Letter - Request for evidence - Two year meeting requirement.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.