HiltonHead

Confused on emails from usa travel docs

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Not sure what these emails mean.  I requested a transfer of my k-1 case from Frankfurt to Bucharest.  yes, i know that I or she must reside in Romania for this to happen but I applied anyway.  Here is the first email response.

We have received your email and will respond accordingly within 1 to 2 business days.

The details are as follows:

Date/Time Case Opened:  

4/27/2022 9:45 PM

Description:  

Hi

I am a US citizen and my beneficiary is Ukrainian. We recently rented a house for she and her family just across the border from Romania (Chernivitsi) so that they could get away from Kyiv. She and I filed a k-1 back in February and our application is at NVC. We have the NVC case number(removed)I wanted to ask if we could have our application transferred to Bucharest. It is much closer geographically and it appears that the wait time Is much shorter.

In the mean time we would like to do the medical exam in Bucharest. Can you send me the list of doctors that work with the embassy doing the medical exams? I assume we just contact the doctors directly and schedule an appointment with them.

Thanks for your help

Terry

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows

Origin:  

Email

Case Reason:  

Transfer of k-1

Case Status:  

New

Then, I received this email.

Dear New Portal User:

Your US Travel Documents Customer Portal username and password information is below.

To access the online system, enter your username and password into the log-in page. Be sure to enter the two CAPTCHA words exactly as they appear on the screen to validate your information.

Thank you,

US Travel Documents Customer Support
https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/

Username: (removed)

Yes, I left off the password.

When I click through it goes to the this page to set up an account and then an interview in Bucharest.  

APPLY FOR A U.S. VISA

in  Romania

Language:  English Romanian 

• Home
  • Logged in as  terry_9350@msn.com (35273806)
  •  

First Available Appointment Is Thursday May 5, 2022.

Step 1: Select whether you are applying for a Nonimmigrant Visa or an Immigrant Visa.

After you select the purpose of your trip, the following pages will provide information about visa application filing, fee (MRV) payment procedures, appointment availability, and additional steps for approved applicants.

So, has my k-1 application been transferred to Bucharest?   I wanted to transfer both the medical exam and interview to Bucharest - has this been approved?  

thanks for your help

Edited by Ontarkie
edited to removed personal information

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Please edit post to delete personal identifying information!

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

11 minutes ago, HiltonHead said:

tried,  couldn't delete specific info without deleting the whole email.  if you can tell me how I will

I have alerted the moderators, they will edit your post to remove personal info.

As to your question, no, it doesn’t appear that your case is transferred. US travel docs help desk does not deal with that, it just simply changes the portal country so you can pay a fee or fill out DS-160. What you need is the Immigrant Visa Unit to state they accepted or rejected your request. Usually their emails end with @state.gov and not ustraveldocs. 

There’s a consulate page here on VJ for Bucharest and it has listed different a email address that does end with state.gov, perhaps you should try to reach out there:

https://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Romania&cty=Bucharest

Edited by powerpuff

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Post edited to remove personal information.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.